Sequel: Roxanne
Status: Completed.

Wasting Love

For Whom The Bell Tolls

A few more years passed, three and a half years to be exact. For the most part me and Duff were still together, of course like all couples we had our fights, our arguements but eventually we'd come to our senses and apolgize to each other.

"I'm telling you Rox that's not gonna happen." Cindy argued from the other side of the phone, yeah thats right the same Cindy that Bill had dated a few years back.

"It will you just wait and see." I replied icily as I heard a knock on the door. "Oh I gotta go he's here." I said excitedly, I didn't hear her answer probably because I had already hung up and was halfway down the stairs. Now I didn't have to worry about my so called step-father because he was no-where to be found, one day he just didn't come home he just took off leaving us alone. I pulled open the door and no-one was there then with a laugh I took two steps out into the July Heat.

"Andrew? Come on!" I called out as two arms snaked around my waist.

"You look gorgeous." A familiar voice whispered in my ear.

"Why thank you." I replied, setting my head back on his shoulder.

"C'mon we'd better go." He answered hurridly, I let out a small sigh.

"Let's go." I replied after a moment and lifted my head off his shoulder and forced a smile on my face. I wasn't forcing the smile on my face because I was unhappy to see him because that was not the case, I was happy to see him, it's just he was always in such a rush.

"Your talking but you're not doing anything." He said with a laugh as his arms moved from my waist and he slung one casually around my shoulder.

"Neither are you." I told him as I turned to face him and took his hand.

"Well then maybe we should go." He suggested as his arm slid down from my shoulders to my pantline.

"Maybe." I answered as I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer to me.

"Aweh shit." He swore as he peaked over my shoulder then let his arms drop to his side.

"What?" I asked as he stepped back from me.

"Your brother." He answered quietly, I dropped my hands from Michael's broad shoulders and let go of his hand,

"What are you doing here?" My brother snarled at Duff as he walked up the little sidewalk to our house.

"Why do you need to know?" I snarled back at my brother and took a step forward. Duff mirrored my movements and grabbed my arm to prevent me from getting any closer to my brother.

"I think I have a right to know, after all you are my babysister." Axl told me. Thats right I said Axl because three weeks after our eighteenth birthday he had legally changed his name to Axl while both of us had adopted our real father's last name- Rose.

"I know." I replied curtly. "Come on Duff let's go." I said as I turned to Duff then then with my free hand interlocked our fingers.

"Let's go." He agreed and let go of my arm. We started walking down the drive past Axl.

"How cute." He sneered as we walked by. "I wonder how long you'll last." He asked loudly shooting a look at Duff, who ignored him. Part of me knew that he was just saying that to get on my nerves but Duff had bitten his lip nervously, maybe Axl wasn't just saying it, maybe Duff was going to break up with me. Damn Axl for giving me those stupid ideas.

You okay?" Duff asked me as we walked down the weather beaten path.

"Yeah I'm fine." I answered then stopped suddenly. My head was like pusling almost.

"Duff stop." I said and let go of his hand. He stopped and turned to look at me before walking over to me.

"You okay?" He asked again as I wrapped my arms around his neck and slowly shook my head. My legs felt like they were ready to give at any moment. Luckily Duff must've known something was up because his arms slid down to my waist, essentially he was holding me up. He pulled me up against as my head gell back so I was staring at the sky. "You okay?" He asked for the final time, my head was still pulsing but it wasn't as bad in fact it was almost bearable now.

"Yeah I'm okay." I answered, lifting up my head but making no move to unwrap my arms from around his neck.

"You sure?" He asked cautiously as I nodded slowly.

"Yeah I'm fine honest." I told him, he didn't completly let go of me bu he did loosen his grip.

"Well d'ya want me to keep going or do you want me to just tell you now?" He whispered in me ear.

"Just tell me now please." I whispered back and then rested my head on his shoulder.

"Well firstly it's not good news." He started, I lifted my head up and met his eyes with my own. Please don't let Duff be breaking up with me, please I prayed to no-one in particular. "Did you hear me Rox?" He asked quietly after a few moments.

"What? No I didn't" I said breaking away from my streamline of thoughts, he looked at me then bit his lip before speaking the words I thought that I would never hear. . .
♠ ♠ ♠
So what are the words that she thought she'd never hear? I wanna know what you think they are!! I'll post the next chapter soon, maybe tomorrow or the day after.

Chapter Title
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Live Shit: Binge and Purge
Metallica