Did You Get What You Deserve?

Chapter 28

I dragged my suitcase out into the hall. I grinned at Linda, who was sitting on hers looking around her at all the commotion.

“Excited?”

She nodded.

“Where are we going again, Alec?”

“We’re going around the world! England, Spain, France, Germany, then to China and Japan and then to Australia and Fiji and then on the way back we’re going to Singapore! It’s going to be so much fun!”

Dad walked past and cuffed me on the back of the head.

“Stop getting your sister so over-excited. We’re not going to all those places. We’re only going to England, France, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand. Then on the way back we’re stopping in Singapore again.”

I turned around.

“New Zealand? Where’s that?”

“A little to the south-east of Australia. We went there a couple of times on tour. It’s a beautiful place.”

I nodded. Dad looked at his watch.

“Shit, look at the time! Are you girls all packed? Good. Get your shoes on, the taxi will be here in five minutes.”

Soon we were in the taxi heading to the airport. We checked in and went to the departure lounge to meet up with Mikey, Alicia, James and Dani.

Half an hour later we were boarding the plane. I found myself in a window seat with James next to me and Alec on the other side of him. I grinned at James.

“Ecooonomy. Also known as cattle class.”

He laughed. Suddenly the air hostess’ voice filled the cabin.

“Good afternoon, passengers. Welcome to flight 437 to London. Please fasten your seatbelts and ensure your seats and trays are in the upright position.”

I fastened my seatbelt and sat back, looking out the window and waiting for something to happen. The screen in front of me flickered and started displaying the safety information. After a moment I realised the plane was moving, gently taxiing around to the runway. Then we waited. Suddenly the engines started up, and the plane started moving, quickly gathering speed. I grinned at James.

“Would this be a bad time to tell you stories of plane accidents?”

His hid his face in his hands.

“Oh, no, Alec, don’t!”

I laughed and punched him in the shoulder.

“Wuss.”
♠ ♠ ♠
**Oooh, there's an Author's Notes section. Certainly speaks to how long since I updated!

Sorry this one's a bit short. There may be another up later today to make up for it.

There may...

Anyways, thanks to Days_News and Bellkura for commenting. Days_News gets a special reward... even better than a medal or trophy...

Ha ha ha, wait and see! Maybe in the next chapter... or possibly the one after...**