The Morning After Was the Way Today Began

Missed That Last Part

Spencer and Jon couldn't make anything out of the sight they just saw and so they went and started watching TV. Melody and Ryan on the other hand were furious. Why, don't ask me.

"Why are you in his arms?" Melody asked me.
"Would you believe me if I'd say I fell and Brendon was just in time to catch me?" I asked hopefully.
"Nice try, now really why is she in your arms?" Ryan asked Brendon.
"Would you believe me if I'd tell you that I asked her to marry me and she said yes and we were just celebrating?" Brendon said.

Melody and Ryan looked at us with blank faces. I second later Spencer and Jon came to the hall. They just stood there. And so we six stood there in silence. Until the silence was broken.

"So did I just hear what I think I heard?" Jon asked while looking at me.
"I think you did because I heard it loud and clear," Spencer said.
"Oh cool," Jon said.
"Yeah. We wish you all the best," Spencer said to us and then those two resumed watching TV.

Ryan and Melody still were looking at us with blank faces. The silence between us four was killing me softly. And then, saved by the bell. Well, actually saved by "Mr. Brightside". I toke my phone and walked out of the room. It was Brandon.

"Hey Brandon."
"Hey. I have big news for you."
"Really?"
"Yeah. I need you to come to Vegas soon."
"Why you need that?"
"I want to give you the keys to our house."
"Why?"
"Because I'm moving out."
"What are you talking about?"
"I'm getting married. Sorry for telling you like this, but I'm in love."
"Well that's just...I'm speechless."
"I'm so sorry for hurting you."
"Brandon, we both know that the fire was out a long time ago."
"You sound cheerful."
"I am really happy for you and for me."
"For you? Do tell, do tell."
"Well, I was going to call you and say we're over, but you got to that first. Anyway, Brendon asked me to marry him and I said yes."
"He asked you to marry him already?"
"Yeah...wait what? Already? What do you know that I don't?"
"Well, we've talked a lot on the phone and it kinda slipped my lips that I found someone I'm deeply in love with and he asked me if I was over you and I said yes and then he said sweet and I asked why and then the told me."
"Wow. Take a break. Well, I'm happy for you and wish you all the best."
"Just don't think I never loved you. I loved you, but as you said, the fire just burned out."
"I don't think that. And I loved you also. You'll always be a part of my heart."
"And you will be mine. Don't worry, you aren't getting rid of me this easily."
"I'd kill you if you were to try that."
"I'll call you. Oh and keep Brendon close. He is a good catch."
"Will do sir. You better call me. And don't forget to ask me to come to your wedding."
"Me getting married without you? That is just not possiable."
"Ok. Love you. Bye."
"Bye Krissu."

I closed my phone and smiled to myself. My life was going up and so was Brandon's and we managed to stay friends what is so important to me. I walked back to the room, where the drinks were everywhere and everybody was happy. Brendon toke my hand and pulled me to the balcony.

"Who was that?"
"Brandon."
"You seem happy for somebody who just broke it off with her long term boyfriend."
"He broke it off with me, but you already know that story."
"He told you?"
"Yeah."
"You know what would make things perfect."
"No, what?"
"If I'd have a ring to put on your finger."
"A ring isn't needed. You already know I said yes. I'm not going to break our engament."
"Yeah, but a ring would make this official and it wouldn't be just another dream."
"You've been dreaming about this?"
"Since the first time I saw you."
"What more have you dreamed about?"
"About you and me and a big house near the ocean and little kids running around."
"Kids? How many you want?"
"At least four."
"Ok."
"Too much for you to handle."
"Well. I do love kids, but I love making them more."

I just smiled and so did Brendon. He toke me into his arms and kissed me softly. The future was looking good. For now anyways.