Status: Active, with slow updates.

Promises, Promises, Promises.

Fly With Me

I walked up to my room after dinner, running around and trying to keep up with Elvis sure made you hungry. I sat down on my couch and turned on the TV.

“The Jonas Brothers have been extremely busy lately, writing songs for their new album and going on with their daily lives, ‘how do they do it?’ you ask, well, we have an exclusive interview with the Jonas Br-“

The television host was cut off by my ringing cell phone. I glanced at the caller I.D. and picked it up, “Hey Nate,” I said cheerfully. I walked towards the balcony and opened the double doors, walked out into the balcony and let the cool wind hit my face.

“Hey cheerful, you never called me back after landing,” He says with a slightly disappointed tone in his voice.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I was busy unpacking and catching up I totally forg-“

“Babe, it’s fine, so, how’s LA?”

“I like it, sunny, not too hot, the Jonas’ are great. They have a dog! His name’s Elvis..” I say, giving him a briefing.

“Sounds nice, well, I’m leaving for England. You should come visit me..”

I leaned on the railing of the balcony and looked out to the pool, “You’ll have to talk to my dad about that, sorry.” I said truthfully.

“I’ll call him when I can,” He says, “I have to go.”

“Okay, I’ll call you, or you can call me, whenever.” I say.

“Take care of yourself.” He says thoughtfully.

“You too, don’t get hurt… doing… Whatever you guys do in England,” I say.

“Oh, I won’t.” He says with a smile in his voice, “Love you.”

“Love you too.” I reply, before ending the call.

I was ready to go back inside, I get cold easily in the wind, I heard another balcony door open, and I looked to my left.

Nick was slightly struggling, guitar and strap on one hand, paper on the other, pencil in his mouth. The complete musician look. He closed the door with his feet, making sure he didn’t make a loud enough bang and noticed me, completely staring at him.

He waved with his right hand, the one full of papers, I waved with my left hand, that wasn’t holding on to my phone. I walked over to the railing closet to his balcony, “Writing a song?” I ask.

He took his pencil out of his mouth, “Trying to.” He says with a sigh.

“Oh.” I say, “I think I’m just gonna..” I say, pointing to my doors with my left hand.

“Oh, yeah, sure.” He says shyly, dropping his pencil and papers on the floor, while I start walking towards the double doors and closing them.

I took a shower and changed into some PJ’s. I shook my hair with the towel, hearing strumming noises outside, still.
I turned off the lights, and slumped back in bed and closed my eyes.

It’s been three hours. I checked the large clock hanging on the wall every thirty minutes. How could he still be out there?... How am I still awake?

I waited 45 more minutes before the strumming stopped, and by then I had decided I needed a glass of milk to calm me down. I stumbled in the dark trying to find the light switch, flicked it, frustrated and found my silk bathrobe, closed the door silently and headed for the kitchen.

I crept down the stairs, it wasn’t the strumming of the guitar this time, but the beautiful notes on the piano being played frustratedly, trying to find that perfect note. I walked down the hallway and into the kitchen, grabbing a glass, then opening the fridge to fill my glass.

I decided to walk casually to the living room, I passed the dining room, and saw Nick, on his white, Grand Piano. I rested my head on the frame of the door and took a sip of the chocolate milk.

He looked up at me, probably too shy to say anything. “Still awake?” He asked, rubbing something out on his paper and re-writing it.

“I can’t sleep.” I say, “Writing something?”

“Trying to.” He says. I walk towards the coffee table and set my drink down. I stood behind him, trying to see what his unfinished masterpiece.

He moved over to one side of the long piano stool, I took a seat next to him, “Fly with me?” I asked.

“I’ve only written the chorus, though.” He says passing me the sheet of paper.

I took a look, his composition paper was incredibly neat, aside from the notes written on the sides, “I love Peter Pan,” I say, scanning through the lyrics:

If it's you and me forever,
If it's you and me right now,
That'd be alright,
Be alright,
If we chase the stars to lose our shadow,
Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine,
So, won't you fly with me.


I held the paper with one hand and looked at the piano keys, I started playing the notes to the lyrics.

“Catchy.” I say, handing him the piece of paper.

He looked at me with bright and surprised eyes, “You play?” He asks.

I played a bit of Debussy’s ‘Clair De Lune’, “I’ve been playing on-and-off since I was 4” I say.

“Impressive.” He whispers under his breath.

I smile, “Thanks.” I say. He looked up, I was never meant to hear that. “Anyways,” I say, sighing and getting up, “I better leave you to it.” I say, grabbing my glass, “Good luck.”

“Thanks,” He chuckles, “Maybe… You could help me tomorrow? You know, finish the song…” He asks.

“Sure, why not.” I say, leaving the room, going up the stairs and into mine. It’s been a long night.

NICK’s POV

She had a boyfriend. I wasn’t surprised. Someone like her couldn’t be single. I sat at the piano, bewildered at her Piano playing.

“Damn it,” Whispered under my breath, “Why did she have to come so late?” I missed her, and why did she have to be so good looking?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't been updating, I've had so much to do lately, and I've started school.
If you haven't, read my journal post - I've got more to come.
Thanks for hanging in, loves

Add me as a friend
Subscribe to this story
&Comment it!.