Last Years Wishes, Are This Years Apologies

We Lost Ourselves In the Bright Lights

(Jenna's POV)

I yawned and stood from Pete's car. "I'll talk to you later or something," I said waving and smiling.

He was still wearing the over sized sunglasses and he looked ridiculous, "Okay, bye." He backed out of my driveway and sped down the road.

I walked up my front stairs and lazily opened up the front door. "Mom, are you home?" I yelled up the stairs.

"I'm in the kitchen," she replied. I kicked off my shoes and walked into the kitchen. "Hey honey, did you have fun with Pete?" I yawned and nodded. "Do you want something to eat?"

I shook my head, "No thanks. I think I'm going to take a nap." I walked up the stairs and laid down on my purple comforter. In seconds, I was asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I opened my eyes to the sound of my phone buzzing, I yawned and pressed the green talk button, "Hello?"

"Hey baby, were you sleeping?" Travis asked me.

I smiled, "Yeah, but it's OK. What are you doing?"

"Just got home from the studio, what did you do today?" He asked.

"Me and Pete went into the city," I said cautiously. I didn't want this conversation to turn to shit, I was really missing him and I actually wanted to talk with him.

"Cool," he said casually.

PHEW! He didn't sound mad at all. "I miss you, Travie."

"I miss you too, baby," he said, "But, me and the guys are going to order some food. So, if I have time I'll call you tomorrow."

"OK. Bye Trav, love you," I said.

"Love you too, peace," he before hanging up.

I sighed and rolled over. The red flashing light on the alarm clock read 8:30. I had slept for two and a half hours and my stomach was growling.

I rolled out of bed and made my way downstairs and into the kitchen. The lights were off downstairs and it was quiet. I sighed and opened up the freezer. I grabbed a Hot Pocket and threw it into the microwave.

I ran up the stairs to check and see if my mom was asleep. I slowly creaked open the door, and she was fast asleep. I turned off her TV and made my way back downstairs into the kitchen. I took out my food and sat down at the bar.

I was really feeling bad for my mom. For the past few months, this is how she had lived. At home, by herself, in total silence. I wasn't sure if my mother had any, ideas or thoughts that maybe my father was cheating on her. I didn't want to confront either of them about it, yet. I hadn't even been here a week and I wasn't going to start shit so soon.

I threw away my trash and grabbed the phone from the counter. I quickly dialed my fathers cell phone number and sat down on the floor. He had left his PDA at home, so I called his work cell phone number. It rang twice, before it went to his voicemail.

That asshole pressed ignore on me.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments please?

:)