Last Years Wishes, Are This Years Apologies

Pleasure Ryland

(Jenna's POV)

I threw down the phone. I was more than mad that my own father had pressed ignore.

I angrily made locked both the front and back door. I smiled and crossed my arms over my chest. That's what he gets for ignoring his daughter, and for being a complete asshole lately.

I happily walked up the stairs and laid down on my bed. I slid under the covers and let my eyelids fall shut.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning I rolled out of bed and made my way downstairs.
"Morning, mom," I said kissing her cheek.

"Oh, hi, Honey," she said not glancing up from the newspaper.

"Did dad come home last night?" I asked as I poured myself a bowl of Cheerios.

"No," she said shaking her head.

I smiled and sat down across from her, "Wanna go shopping?"

"Like shopping therapy?" She asked laughing. I smiled and nodded my head.

"Alright, sounds fun. I just have to shower," she said, "And you might want to consider that, too." She plugged her nose with her fingers and laughed.

I laughed and lifted up my arms, "I can't really smell that bad, I took a shower yesterday."

She laughed and made her way upstairs. I finished my cereal and grabbed the paper. I was glad to see my mom smiling and hopefully today would be fun for her.

I grabbed my bowl and put it in the dishwasher before making my way upstairs. I laid out a pair of jean Bermuda shorts and a shirt from Alloy before making my way into the bathroom.

I rid myself of my clothes and got into the shower. The luke warm water felt good against my skin as I washed my body. I finished in the shower and stepped out. I dried myself off and began blow drying and straightening my hair. I quickly did my makeup and got dressed.

"Jenna! Are you almost ready?" I heard my mother yell from her bedroom.

"Yup," I yelled back. I grabbed my purse and threw in my cell phone, wallet, keys, gum, clips, elastics, perfume, and lotion. I ran down the stairs and slipped on my black flats.

My mother was already waiting in the car, I got in and switched on the radio. "Lets go shopping the city," she said as she pulled out of the driveway.

"OK," I said settling on a song by Brittney Spears.

"Oooh, what's this song? I like it," my mom said laughing and dancing in her seat.

I smiled, "It's called 'Break the Ice'."

Now, that's the mom I remember from those few short months ago.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments would be wonderfulllll :)