Last Years Wishes, Are This Years Apologies

I Can Be Your John Cusack

(Jenna's POV)

Three months later

When I saw Travis's car pull up in front of the school, I ran out and opened his car door. "Whoohoo! Last day of school," I screamed.

He laughed and kissed me on the cheek, "I'm going to miss seeing you in that sexy uniform everyday." I giggled and flipped through channels on the stereo before I decided on putting in my new Cobra Starship cd.

"It sucks. I'm barely going to see you this summer," I said pouting.

"I know. But the guys and I don't have to fly out to California until July. Then we start recording from July to September. By then, we're hoping all the record will be pretty much done with. I'm going to miss you so much," He said kissing my cheek.

"Maybe I can come visit you in California for a week or something," I said smiling.

"Definately," He smiled back.

We walked into my apartment and Travis immediately laid down on the couch. I rolled my eyes and walked into the bathroom to change out of my uniform. "Babe," I heard Travis yell from the living room.

"You rang?" I said sarcastically.

"Will you get me a drink?" he smiled and looked at me with puppy dog eyes.

"No way, get off your lazy ass and get yourself a drink," I said giggling. He looked at me and pretended to be hurt. He pulled me down on the couch and he flipped me over so he was straddeling me. He kissed me softly and poked my sides. I giggled and pulled away. "That tickles. Stooooop," I whined.

He laughed and kissed my forehead. I smiled and crawled out from underneath him. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a package of Oreos and two bottles of water. I walked back into the living room and handed him the cookies and bottle of water.

"Thank you baby," he said as his flipped through the channels on my TV. I sat down next to him and he wrapped his arm around my waist. He finally stopped on a movie I had never seen before. I leaned into his side and cuddled into his warm body.

"I can be your John Cusack," he sang into my ear. I giggled and drifted off to sleep.

I opened my eyes and was surprised to see that the sun had set. I slid out of Travis's arms and walked into the kitchen. The glowing time on the oven said 10:30. I groaned and walked back into the living room. I sat down next to Trav and planted kisses along his neck. "Travey, wake up," I whispered into his ear.

He yawned and pulled me down on top of him. "What time is it?" he asked groggily.

"10:30."

He groaned and buried his head into neck. "I'm sleeping over," he said.

"Who says I want you to sleep over?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

He laughed, "Don't deny the love baby." I giggled and stood up from the couch. "Lets go sleep in your bed," he said yawning.

I nodded and we walked into my bedroom. He took off his t-shirt and slid off his jeans. He laid down in my bed in only his boxers. I tried not to stare while I changed into a pair of red pajama pants and a tank top. I got into the bed and he wrapped his arms around me. I rested my head against his chest and began to drift off to sleep. "I love you Jenna," Trav whispered into my ear. I opened my eyes and pulled away from him a little. I smiled and kissed him. This was this first time he had said that to me and I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"I-I-I love you too," I stuttered.

THE NEXT DAY

I opened my eyes and woke up to the bright sun shining through my shades. I rolled out of Travis's arms and walked into the bathroom. I took off my clothes and stepped into the steaming hot shower. I smiled at the thought of last night. Guys have said I love you to me before, but this is the first I felt like someone meant it. I stepped out of the shower and grabbed a towel. I wrapped it around myself and walked into my bedroom. I looked at Travis who was still asleep. I picked up a pillow and threw it at his head.

"Babe, wake up. I really want coffee," I giggled.

He groaned and buried his face into his pillow. I sighed and walked back into the bathroom. I pulled on a pair of jean shorts and a pink Cobra Starship t-shirt. I plugged in the hair dryer and began drying my hair. I quickly did my makeup and ran back into my bedroom. I jumped on the bed and laughed. "Time to wake up Travey," I said in sing song voice. He groaned and sat up. I smiled at him and kissed his cheek. "Wanna go get some coffeeeeeee?"

He sighed and stood up, "You don't need anymore caffeine. But Lemme just take a shower and get dressed." He grabbed his clothes off the floor and walked into the bathroom. Ten minutes later he walked back out, fully clothed. I smiled and grabbed my big orange tote.

"Ready?" I asked him.

"Yup," he said and grabbed my hand.

We got into the elevator and took the ten floors down to the road. "Wanna walk? It's so nice out," I asked smiling

"Sure," he said. We walked the five minutes to Starbucks. When we walked in we saw a familar messy head of black hair.

"Hey Pete," Travis said as Pete turned around.

"Hey guys," Pete said smiling, "What's up?"

"Nothing really, just getting some coffee," Trav said.

"Same," he said.

"Peter, come on," a familar high pitched voice yelled. We turned around to see Ashlee waiting impatiently by the door.

"Gotta go. I'll call you guys soon," he said as he made his way to Ashlee.
She smiled and he kissed her cheek. I felt a pang of jealousy when he kissed her. What the hell was that? I am not jealous, I have an amazing boyfriend. I swallowed the lump in my throat and I turned back to the counter to order my coffee. Travis paid and we began to walk back up to my apartment.

"Race you to the top," He said smiling.

"You're on," I said laughing. We raced up the stairs to my apartment and I unlocked the door.

"I win! I got up here faster than you," I said laughing.

"No way, my foot was so in front of yours," he pouting and shaking his head.

"Nuh- uh. I was in he.." I began to say but was interrupted by my ringing sidekick.

"Hey babe," Gabby said.

"Hey lover, whats up?" I giggled.

"Ben Johnson is having a party tonight, do you and Travis wanna go?" she asked.

"Uh..Yeah, sure," I said biting down on my lip.

"Okay, I'll see you there. Love ya," she said hanging up the phone.

"Theres a party tonight at this kid Ben's house, wanna go?" I asked Travis.

"Yeah, okay. We have to find ourselves a life," he said smiling.

I laughed and poked his nose, "Speak for yourself."