Status: Finished! Sequel? Maybe... I don't know!

One Step Forward and Two Steps Back

She's With Mason Right Now

“Why do I feel like I ruined your plans for the night by just being with you?” Mike asked as Lauren emerged from the bathroom.

“I don’t know. You shouldn’t though,” she replied, noticing him eyeing her.

“By the sound of it, it seemed like you and Travis had something planned.”

“Nope. He never mentioned anything. Don’t worry about it,” she smiled, intertwining her arm around his as they exited the room.

He smiled back as they continued their way down the hall.

“So, by the way you’re dressed, I’m thinking this isn’t just a casual dinner,” Mike smirked once they were in the elevator alone.

Lauren had to smile. He seemed a lot more comfortable around her now. She liked it.

“You don’t know what’s going on tonight?” she smirked back.

He looked at her oddly before shaking his head. “No.”

Rockstar…” she simply said as the elevator’s door opened. He still looked at her with the same marvelous gaze. “Rockstar X Games party. Shouldn’t you know about these things? I mean considering,” she smiled as she tilted his hat to the side slightly that had a bright yellow star logo on it.

“There are always at least fifty parties for X Games. I can’t keep track of all of them.”

“You should know about this one,” she teased as a cab pulled to a stop in front of them.

“I hope you’re ok with walking the red carpet with me. They always told me I had to if I ever went to one of their parties,” Mike said quietly once they were off yet again.

“Don’t worry about it. I’ve done it with Travis so many times. It’s no big deal,” she said and noticed his expression fall with the mention of Travis’s name “Maybe I should have worn something else,” she said in hopes he’d play along.

“What’s wrong with that?” he replied giving her another once over; exactly what she wanted.

“I’m going to be seen with the Mike Mason. I should look way better than what I do now,” she smiled which was quickly returned. “And Rockstar did give me one of those models’ outfits,” she remarked, raising an eyebrow.

“Really?” he asked as another smile danced across his face.

“Mhm hum. I’ll have to show it to you sometime,” she smiled once again.

“You’re alright, Lauren. You’re alright,” he said with the biggest grin Lauren’s seen from him all night.

Another silence fell over them. Lauren was ok with this one. A smile never left her face. Even when the vehicle came to a stop, it still remained.

“You ready for this, LP?” Mike smiled as he slowly stepped out.

She shot a quick look at him for the name he called her. Travis was the only one that called her that. But she swiftly shook that aside.

“I don’t know. I’m going to be seen with the Mike Mason. I don’t know if I can handle the spotlight,” she teased as she took his hand that he offered out to her.

“I think you got this,” he replied as his arm slid around her;something that Travis always did in these situations.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

“What’d up, TP? Long time no see,” Travis heard from behind him.

He had ventured back to the Staples Center to watch Best Whip practice. It helped that one of his buddies was one of the participants.

“Isn’t it weird that the only time we really see each other is X Games?” Travis smirked at his Mulisha buddy, Todd Potter.

“Or when you need help with the ladies,” Todd smirked back as he wiggled his eyebrows.

“Not always…”

“Is it the bestie again?” he teased as they worked their way to the exit.

“No,” Travis replied as his gaze fell to the linoleum tiles.

“Really? Are you sure?” Todd paused to look at him. Travis just shook his head. “I don’t see how you two could be so close without being anything more than friends. If I were you, I’d have her back in my hotel room and fuc…”

Todd,” Travis said slightly louder than his regular pitch. It made Todd stop and look up at him with a smile.

“You want her.”

“She doesn’t want me,” he said softly as his arm slowly made its way to the back of his neck.

“And what makes you think that?”

“She’s with Mason right now.”

Where?” Todd asked, confident that he knew the answer already.

“The Rockstar party,” Travis simply replied.

“What a coincidence. I was just going there. You should come.”

“I can’t,” he said losing eye contact with Todd yet again.

“Sure you can. Come on buddy,” Travis smirked as he clapped his hand over Travis’s shoulder to lead him to a waiting cab.

Travis sighed a few times, but eventually started becoming ok with it. He didn’t know why, but he had a bad feeling about what might happen at this party.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh Oh... DRAMA lol. What could possibly happen at this party...

COMMENT!!!

Lauren/Mike