Sequel: It's No Surprise
Status: FINISHED. WATCHOUT FOR THE SEQUEL.

The High School from Hell

I'm Cursed. It's Official.

If there's one thing I hate most, aside from homework and you know actual school, is lunch. "Why?" you ask. Simple. The seating arrangements. Each table belongs to a certain clique, you sit at the wrong one, and you're toast. Sit at anyone and you're toast. Ah, high school... Hiiiiighh schoool never eeeeeendds... I sang Bowling For Soup inside my head as I heading to the only empty table in the place, taking a seat.

"Do you have some sort of death wish?" I looked up and groaned, what was I cursed?

"Oh my God, what are you stalking me?" I growled, taking a chunk out of my Quizno's sub, I had bought it the previous night to take to school, and glared at 'Bekka'.

"What are you a pig?" She smirked, obviously unaware of how lame that comeback was. I swallowed, and waited expectantly.

"Is that it?" I said after a long pause, a grin on my face, "That's your best comeback?" I chuckled aloud, my head thrown back in mirth. Shit. When will I ever learn to shut my mouth? Never. Never ever.

"I don’t know who you think you are! You might have gotten away with your little stunt in class, but--"

"But what?" I put my face in my hand and gazed up at her in mock interest. Gosh, do I have social suicidal tendencies or what? I think somewhere inside of me I want to make every living thing hate me? Good lord, what is wrong with my subconscious?

"Why you little--!" Deja vu, anyone? No? Really, because I was under the impression that this was extremely deja vu like.

"Move." And look! It was even Mr. Intense Eyes that interrupted her! I told you it was deja vu. But you didn't believe me, nooooo...

"Why should I?" I smirked, from the same position. Wow, he's... Shocked, maybe he expected me to fall over on to the ground and kiss his feet. Pft, yeah right.

"Excuse me? Adeline Rosch?" Who the hell is this chick?

"Present." I raised my hand.

"I'm supposed to give you a tour of the school, c'mon." I grabbed my sub and followed her. I could feel his eyes boring into the back of my head. I paused, turned to meet his gaze and winked. Haha, priceless. His face was simply priceless.

"You should be thanking me on bended knee," The girl mused as we exited the cafeteria.

"Jebesus, what is the school made of you people?" I rolled my eyes.

"No, I mean I just saved your ass back there. Bekka was about to gouge your eyes out and I don't think Matt was far behind her." She chuckled. I looked her over; dark auburn hair, flashing amber eyes, dark olive skin, medium height, thin. Pretty. Clothes scream "emo" so loudly I think I'm going deaf.

"Why is everybody afraid of them?" I scoffed.

"Well, no one really cares enough to stand up to Bekka, and well... Matt's just. Scary I guess... Trust me though, Bekka's a pushover, but you don't want to mess with Matt." She gave me a meaningful glance.

I think maybe you should listen to her.

Geez, not you too.

What? Don't tell me he's not the least bit intimidating?

Coming from the idiot who's afraid of our socks?

Shut up.

"I appreciate you looking out for me, but I ain't afraid of anyone."

"Okay." She shrugged. "By the way, I'm Rex Anderson." She held out her hand which I took with good grace.

"Addy,"

"Okay Addy, let's see how many people you can piss off before the day ends." Rex smiled. I like her already.

Me too.

Was I asking you?

Well--

Didn't think so.

"Oh quite a few I assure you." I smirked. I tossed the empty sandwich wrapper in the trash and followed her to our next class. Gym. Jebesus, I hate gym with a loathing passion. And who in there right mind put gym right after lunch? P.E. + Food CRAMPS. Not fun I tell you, not fun at all--

SMACK.

Ow.

"What the hell? Watch where the hell you're going asshole." I growled, standing up and dusting myself off.

"Addy!" Rex hissed, nudging my side. I looked up. Light, bright, intense sea-green eyes. Damn. I'm cursed. It's official.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay guys comment, subscribe and read.

Comments and Subscribing make me update faster.