Sequel: My Heart Is Yours

There's a Playground

We Started Breaking Down Before Momentum Picked Up

Max’s pov

I went home and sat in my room for a couple hours, just thinking. I had to find a way to get Wendy to…I don’t know how to say it. Be mine? That sounded way too cheesy for my liking…

I don’t know. But I just had to get Wendy into liking me and thinking of me as more than just a friend. I had a feeling that she was starting to like Craig. And I didn’t like that one bit. When I was in her room, she said I was jealous. Well…yeah, I pretty much am.

I mean, I know that I have a girlfriend. Madison is great, you know? I mean, she’s more or less just an accessory that I fuck every now and then. Our relationship didn’t have any real meaning and I would have probably dropped dead if I ever thought she meant that she loved me.

Madison was definitely not that kind of girl. Which kind of pissed me off, honestly. It also pissed me off that she was a cheating whore. But I don’t think I really noticed how pissed off it made me until Wendy came back into the picture that was my life.

Don’t know why she did that, but she did. Strange? Just a little bit… Oh well, though.

So. There were two things that I had to do. The first being getting Madison to stay the fuck away from me. That damn girl knew how I worked. After our years of on and off relationships and various fucks in between, she knew me like the back of her hand. She could get me hooked back on her with a drunk night at a party or a claim that she was pregnant again. Which she never was, but something almost always got me there.

Maybe it was because my dad was never in my life? Probably…

The second thing that I had to do was to get Wednesday to fall for me.

I sighed as I stared out my window at her darkened one…

Why was she so…ugh. I don’t even know how to describe it! Wednesday Lee just…did something to me. Like, I couldn’t resist her no matter how many times I told myself to stay away from her. I needed to stay away from her considering the fact that I’d probably end up hurting her in the end. I have this nasty habit of doing that to the nice girls that I should probably stay with.

And why don’t I stay with them? Why do I keep my attentions on the whores that I‘m always dating? May I direct your attention to my slight ass hole of a best friend? Don’t get me wrong, now. I love Ronnie up. But yeah, he is quite an ass most of the time. Oh well. I’ve learned to deal with it if no one else has. We are best friends, after all…

I’d probably sound like an ass if I ever agreed with what everyone said about my girlfriend. That she was a whore. But she is…

My phone began ringing next to me and I jumped as I came back to attention from my brooding thoughts. That girl over there had a habit of doing that lately… This whole ‘deep thinking’ thing hadn’t really been going on until she showed up.

Yeah, she was going to end up ruining my life, just watch. Or cause myself to fuck something up like I always do…

I looked at the screen, flipping it open when I saw that it was Madison.

“Hello?”

“Hey Maxie baby. Can I come over? I have speed!” Resist the temptation, Max… Must resist the temptation. Break up with her!

“Um…no, Madison. Sorry.” I could imagine the face she was making right now.

“Why not?”

“Because…” I took a deep breath to try to reason with myself that this was for the best. This was what had to happen because it was going to be healthier for everyone. “Because I can’t be with you, anymore, Mad.”

“What the fuck are you talking about, Max!? Are you breaking up with me!?” She said it like she was watching me run around with my head cut off. No one broke up with Madison Parker. That was just a known fact. Well, I did and I had. Quite a few times before.

“Yeah, I guess so,” I said as casually as possible. Which, honestly, wasn’t all that hard.

“Fuck you, Max. You’ll be back to me before the week’s end,” she said and I rolled my eyes. Normally, that would probably be the case… “Why are you breaking up with me, anyway?” I could hear the fake sadness in her voice and I rolled my eyes. Sighing, I ran a hand through my hair and tugged at the ends of it unhappily.

“I have to, Madison. Bye.”

“Bye!? That’s all you have to fucking say to me!? After all that I…” I cut her off with hanging up my phone, sighing and dropping it on my bed. Ugh. I prayed that Madison wouldn’t start shit with Wednesday. Or any other one of my friends, for that matter. I ran my hands through my hair a few more times, frowning heavily as I tugged at it. Why did life have be so god damn complicated?

----

Wednesday’s pov

I woke up, like always, an hour before my alarm was set to go off. I rolled around in bed for another fifteen minutes, not wanting to wake up and face the day in the least. The bonus about today? It was Thursday. And that meant that it was almost Friday. Which meant that it was almost the weekend.

I couldn’t wait for the weekend.

It was then that I remembered that, thanks to Max, I didn’t get the chance to shower last night. Damn it. I hated taking showers in the morning just because of the fact that I was never fully dried or anything like that by the time that I needed to. Sighing, I frowned and finally threw off my thin fleece blanket. Living in Vegas again, I realized that I didn’t need as many blankets as I usually slept with….

The joys of living somewhere that was warm all year round…

I crawled out of bed, frowning to myself as I walked blindly out of my room and over to the bathroom. God…I was so tired… I couldn’t get to sleep last night because all I was doing was thinking about Max. I think sometime around one, after he started playing his bass, I finally passed out.

I got into the bathroom and stripped away from the clothes I’d changed into after Max had left. They consisted of a pair of loose purple plaid crop pants and a black tank top. And a pair of socks, of course. But I almost always wore socks, so those didn’t matter so much.

Shit. I didn’t do my homework last night, either! Fucking Max!

Sighing, I climbed into the shower and turned the warm water on. Fifteen minutes later and I was busy wrapping a towel around myself and making sure that I’d gotten the majority of the water out of my hair. Making my way out of the bathroom, I returned to the sanctuary of my bedroom, closing my door quietly behind me so as to not wake up my mother.

I sighed as I walked over to my dresser, dropping my towel and standing on it as I pulled open my drawers. Sighing, I tried to decide what to wear. And because I was in an indecisive mood, it wasn’t all that easy. My phone buzzed on my bed, indicating that I had a new text message. I was amazed that anyone other than myself was up this early…

I settled on a simple pair of black skinny jeans and a white button-up shirt with a black tank top underneath it.

If you couldn’t tell already, I sorta have a thing for tank tops.

I grabbed a fresh pair of socks and some underwear, throwing those on before I worked on getting my jeans over my still damp legs. The bottoms of my pants dragged on the floor, and so I had to roll them up a bit so that they wouldn’t look retarded when I put shoes on. I pulled the tank over head and sighed as I adjusted it around my torso, messing with the fabric and sighing as I tried to get it to sit in a way that I liked. After that, I just pulled on the button up, not bothering to actually button it up.

Fully dressed, I grabbed another towel and wrapped my hair up in it, standing and letting the towel hang down my back to soak up all the water that was still in my hair. I grabbed my phone off of my bed, plopping down on the queen-sized mattress of justice. The text I’d gotten was from Craig.

Again, I was amazed that anyone else was up this early. It was six in the morning and I still had another hour and a half before I really had to actually be ready for school. A whole hour and a half to do the homework that I didn’t do last night thanks to my neighbor…

Wendifer ;;
Hey, what’s up?
You awake yet?
Mind if I pick you up?
;; Craigafer


I smirked as I hit the reply button.

Craig ;;
Yeah, I’m up.
You’re up early…
And yeah, that’s cool.
What time?
;; Wendy


Within seconds, I had a reply. Damn. Kid could text really fucking fast…

Wendifer ;;
I’ll be there in twenty mins! :]
;; Craigafer


Twenty minutes? Are you fucking kidding me!? Frowning, I stood and began running around my room to gather my things. Before I realized that I still had my hair wrapped up in a towel. Cursing, I ran back into the bathroom and finished off the towel-drying process of having said hair done. It was still pretty wet, but it wasn’t dripping anymore, so that was a good thing. Sighing, I stood and began combing through the mess that was my hair frantically, trying to get it looking like I wasn’t a drowned rat.

Or a drowned whatever animal that represented me best.

I heard the knock on the door just as I had finished sorting through the mess of hair and was combing the last of the tangles out. Dropping the comb on the counter, I ran to the front door, smiling as I saw Craig leaning against the wall next to my door, smiling at me.

“Hey,” he said, giving a little wave.

“Hey, Craig. Come on in, I’m almost ready. Sorry, I had just gotten out of the shower when your text came. Wasn’t expecting you to want to pick me up so soon,” I said, walking back towards the bathroom. I could sense him following me quietly.

“No problem, I’m in no rush. Did you do your homework last night?” he asked and I shook my head, frowning at my reflection. He leaned in the doorway, watching me through the mirror and smiling to himself quietly.

“No…”

“It’s okay, teachers don’t usually check until two days after. And you have pretty cool teachers, so just say that you had family dinner or something.”

“Which I did.”

“Yeah. They shouldn’t get too mad about it.” Well, that was really reassuring. I sighed in relief as I finally finished combing through my hair. Holy crap it was about time. I sighed, smiling at Craig as I grabbed my eyeliner off the counter and began applying a thick rim around my eyes.

“God, your eyes are so pretty,” Craig commented and I felt and saw my cheeks tint pink at the compliment.

“Thanks, Craig.” I smiled at him as I finished up, turning to him and stepping around him to get to my room, grabbing my bag before slipping on my converse. I gave him a thumbs up and he chuckled at me.

I followed him out to his car, messing around with my damp hair as I climbed into the passenger seat, thanking him for holding the door open for me.

Well, he was certainly being a gentleman today…

Within a few minutes, we were at the school and Craig was opening my door for me again. “Thanks, Craig,” I said, grinning at him.

“So I was wondering, Wendy…” he started, looking shyly at me as I leaned against his car. I nodded at him to continue, smiling at him quietly. “Homecoming is next week. And…well…would you want to go? With me?”

Oh shit…
♠ ♠ ♠
wow. long chapter for you guys. x3
figured I might give you guys an update before going off to school. xP
the bonus? it's tuesday and we only have a four day week! <3

thanks again to the twenty of you subscribed and to everyone who's commented.
<3

show me love by commenting / subscribing?
thankies!

chapter title goes to "swingset chain" by loquat.