Sequel: My Heart Is Yours

There's a Playground

Still Out of My Reach

You know, I can honestly say that I didn’t put much stock in the fact that Max had told me Craig liked me last night. I mean, I guess I could see why he’d think that…or how the boy would come across like that, but…I don’t know. I just didn’t see it coming, honestly. And when Max told me that, I figured…well, I’m not really sure what I figured. But I can tell you that I wasn’t figuring he was telling me the truth.

Note to self? Listen to Max when he says something centered around shit like that…

I wasn’t sure what to say, and Craig was looking at me expectantly.

“Mabbitt!” Skye’s voice reached my ears and I grinned as I looked over at her, waving as she came jogging up. An excuse to avoid answering the question… “Steppin’ up on my girl, bro?” she said, grinning as she wrapped her arms around me and hugged me from the side. I laughed, hugging her back before stepping away.

Craig just rolled his eyes and frowned at us. “Oh yeah. You know it…” His sarcasm sounded disappointed and I sighed as I stared at my feet, still unsure of what to say or how to answer Craig’s question.

“So do you think it’d be okay if I stayed over at your place for a few nights, Wendy?” Skye asked me, her tone turning from joking to serious in a heart beat. I nodded, smiling at her.

“No problem.”

“Shouldn’t you like…ask your mom or something?”

“Mom won’t care. She’s cool like that…” Skye grinned at me and hugged me again.

“Thank you so much, Wendy!” she exclaimed and I nodded, smiling as she released me. I looked over at Craig briefly to see that he was looking at me expectantly. I sighed, feeling bad that I still had yet to give him an answer…

Sighing, I ran a hand through my still slightly-damp hair as I tried to think of something to say. Something to keep me from giving Craig an answer right now…

“Craig! Wednesday! Skye!” Came a voice, causing us to all turn towards the source. My breath left my lungs in a relieved exhale. Saved by the Robert and the Omar. Thank god… “Anyone seen Bryan?” After we shook our heads, he frowned and then sighed, shrugging slightly. “Damn, okay.”

“What do you need Bryan for?” Craig asked, and I was relieved again that he was talking and not watching me. That was kind of getting creepy.

“I just needed to see if he was coming to practice tonight,” Omar provided, shrugging. “But I can ask him in Ceramics, no biggie.”

I got the sudden urge to hug him… Which, not so surprisingly, happened a lot whenever he showed up.

“Can I have a hug, Omar?” I asked randomly, tilting my head to the side and grinning as he nodded, opening his arms for me. “Yay!” I exclaimed, pulling away from Skye to get a big bear hug from Omar. God that boy was sweet. And really fun to hug. Grinning, I moved to go stand back next to Skye when he set me down.

“Fuckin’ weirdos…” Ronnie’s voice muttered and I sighed, not really wanting to deal with him right now. I wondered if Max had talked to him. But judging by the glare he was currently leveling me with, I figured not.

“Yeah, well. You love us, Ronnie. You coming to practice tonight?”

“Not if it’s at Max’s.”

“Woah. You two got in a fight?” Omar asked, furrowing his brows and sounding completely incredulous on the idea of Max and Ronnie arguing. I felt completely and utterly guilty as Ronnie’s gaze fell on me a bit longer than necessary as he nodded, frowning.

“Whatever, though. Where is it?”

“Probably Max’s.”

“We should get to class, Wendy…” Skye whispered in my ear as she tugged at my arm. Being around Ronnie made her nervous thanks to her little crush thing. I didn’t really understand…well, okay. That’s a lie. I completely understood how she felt. Ronnie made me nervous, too. But it wasn’t because I liked him in a romantic way. He just made me nervous because he looked like he was going to freak and loose it any second…

I nodded at her, forcing a smile as I linked arms with her. We turned off towards the school, leaving the boys behind. I could feel eyes boring into the back of my head and I frowned, not at all happy with the fact that Ronnie hated me so much. I’d understand and be okay with it if he’d just man up and tell me what the hell was wrong with me…

“So what was with Craig? Was he trying to pull some moves on you?” Skye asked me when we were in the mostly-empty halls. School didn’t start for another thirty minutes, so the majority of students still hadn’t shown up yet. I sighed and nodded, running a hand through my hair nervously. “Oh wow. I’m sorry if I made it awkward. What did he say?”

“He asked me to homecoming or whatever next week…” I mumbled, sighing as I allowed myself to be dragged along by my friend off to her locker.

“What did you say?”

“Nothing. I was about to say something when you came up.”

“Oh. Sorry. What were you going to say, then?”

I sighed, running a hand through my hair again and staring at the floor. “I don’t know…” I sighed, feeling terrible about it.

“Do you like Craig?” She asked, closing her locker and leaning against it beside me, facing me quietly. I shrugged, completely unsure. “Hm. I don’t know what to tell you…” She shrugged again and I sighed, leaning my head against the lockers and closing my eyes.

“I feel bad about not giving him an answer… But…I don’t know what to say.”

“Well, who else are you going to go with?”

“…You?”

“Not a chance, babe. Sorry. School functions aren’t my thing. Anyone else ask you?” I shook my head at her question and then sighed. Maybe going with Craig wouldn’t be such a bad thing? Because really, it’s not like Max was going to go asking me or anyone else for that matter. Robert had his girlfriend, Omar had…well, I don’t know. Bryan seemed way too shy to open his mouth and ask anything like that. Max had his whore. And Ronnie didn’t like me at all. And if he asked me, I would have felt terrible if I went with him while Skye had her super crush on him.

As for everyone else in the school? So not interested in someone like me, trust me on that one.

“Go with him. It’s not like it has to mean anything. I mean…I don’t know. Do what you want, but if I were you, I’d go.” I smirked over at her and she tilted her head, slightly confused. “What?”

“First you go from not knowing to say to being all “go for it, Wendy!” Are you like…bipolar or something?” I asked and she laughed, shaking her head and reaching over to punch at my arm playfully.

“No, but I don’t see a reason why you shouldn’t go with him. I mean, Craig’s a really good guy. And it’s not like you’ll have anyone else to go with.” She shrugged at me and I smirked, nodding quietly and sighing.

“Okay, I guess I’ll go. But! On one condition.” Her smile faded and she furrowed her brows at me.

“I’m not asking Ronnie, Wendy…”

“Well what if he asked you?”

“Why would he do that?”

“Because…”

Skye rolled her eyes and sighed, shrugging. “No way is he going to ask me. Just trust me on that one, Wendy,” she sighed, shaking her head.

I rolled my eyes, shrugging. I grabbed my phone and began a text to Craig.

Craig ;;
Hey, I’ll go with you, btw.
Sorry Skye interrupted… xP
But yeah, I’ll deff go with you.
;; Wendy


With that, I hit ‘send’ before getting dragged off to my locker by Skye.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay for another chapter! <3
24 subscribers! -cries happily-
thanks sooooo much! I was so happy when I saw that when I came home! <3

hope you guys like this chapter!
and don't worry, there'll be some more romantical stuff in the next chapter.
some Maxie romantical stuffs. <3
I promise you!
again, thank you guys soooo much! ^-^

title credit goes to "Kids in Love" by Mayday Parade.
their new album is soupie amazing! <333