Sequel: My Heart Is Yours

There's a Playground

Closer To You

I woke up to someone pounding on the door. “Wha…?” I mumbled, moving my head around until I bumped into something warm and soft. And solid. Unlike the pillows that I usually cuddled up with, this was very solid and very warm. I blinked, confused as I pulled away and realized that I had something wrapped around my waist… Groping with my hands, I discovered them to be hands. And as I forced my eyes open, I saw a bare chest in my view. Blinking, I felt confused until I took a deep breath and found myself enveloped in Max’s scent. Smiling to myself, I looked up at him and then began paying attention to the pounding on the door.

“Maxwell Scott Green! Wake your ass up right now!” That was Max’s mother’s voice… I blinked, wondering what it was that woman was doing over at my house and how she knew that Max and I were… Oh god. Mom. Fuck. I was screwed. I was never going to be able to leave my room again… Shit, shit, shit.

Wait…how did I get here? My eyes darted around the unfamiliar room and that was when I noticed that I wasn’t in my room at all. But…Max’s? Yeah, it had to be Max’s. I blinked. Alright. So how exactly did I get here? I remember making out with Max…and then laying down on his chest again. I must have fallen asleep or something. And he…carried me to his room? I blinked once more, turning my attentions to trying to get Max to wake up. It was dark in his room, no light coming through the window so I figured that it was pretty damn early. Ugh. I was still really fucking tired…

“Max…” I murmured, moving my hands up his chest to shake his shoulders softly. “Max, wake up. Your mom wants you…” I told him, my voice cracking with sleep. His green-blue eyes fluttered open and stared down at me. He seemed just about as confused as I was when I had woken up before more pounding on his door made him jerk and nearly flail off his bed. I bit back my amusement as he muttered to himself and rolled away from me. I sighed, missing his warmth already.

I watched, curled into a ball against his wall and in his bed, as he walked over to his door and jerked it open. “What, Mom?” he growled. Apparently, Max wasn’t too happy in the mornings. The woman stared up at him before looking around him at me.

“You wanted me to wake you up when I got up, Max. Well, I’m waking you up. Good morning, Wednesday.”

“Morning Ms. Green.” She grimaced when I called her that and I smirked. “Sorry, Shannon.”

“It’s fine. Max, can I talk to you for a moment, please?” Her blue-green gaze fell onto her son, who sighed and nodded, coming back to me to give me a hug and a soft kiss.

“You should probably get ready to sneak back into your room. Just so you know…” he told me, and I nodded quietly. I sighed, sitting up and keeping Max’s blanket held to me. I was still clothed, but it wasn’t like I wanted to let his scent go away. I liked the smell of him. Axe and the hint of cigarettes that was slowly starting to disappear. I sighed as I took it in, knowing that I was probably not going to be able to get that scent for a while.

I prayed that my mom didn’t know about this. I still needed to find out form Max how the hell I wound up here…

My eyes looked over at the clock wearily. Five in the morning. No way in hell would my mother be awake at this hour. Especially not on a Saturday morning.

A few minutes later, Max came in, looking exhausted as he came and flopped back down on his bed. I smirked as I scooted out of his way, pressing against the wall as he fell. “My mom’s going to wake us up in an hour if you want to go back to sleep, Wendy…” he mumbled and I sighed, shaking my head.

“I won’t be able to go back to sleep. Thanks, though.” He looked up at me like I had just told him I was obese.

“You’re fucking crazy…” he mumbled again and I smirked as I lay down beside him, nodding and snuggling up against him.

“Yeah, well. I’m your crazy person, so does that make up for it?” He peered at me with a single eye, smirking as he leaned forward and kissed me softly. “I’ll take that as a yes. And I really should get going home. Before my mom wakes up and shit…” I said, watching as his smirk turned into a frown and he turned to face me.

“Don’t go…” he said and I was reminded of what I told him before we had started making out last night. I smirked, sticking my tongue out at him only to have it be caught up with his mouth. I smirked in the kiss as I returned it. After a few minutes, I pulled away slowly, tugging on his lower lip as I did so. A heady breath left his lips as I sat up.

“You know I would, Max. But I really should be getting back to my own room. My mom will kill me if she finds out, you know that…” I told him and he pouted at me, giving his own twisted version of a puppy dog face. I frowned, sighing and leaning down for another prolonged kiss before I moved the blanket from me onto him. “You can come over when you wake up again, if you want.”

“Ugh…I don’t want you to leave, though!” he whined as I crawled over him. His hands grabbed at my waist as I was maneuvering a leg over him. I sighed and looked over at him.

“Max…lemme go…” I told him as I straddled him in a rather uncomfortable way. He sighed and sat up to kiss me before his arms left me. I smiled and thanked him before I almost fell over trying to get off that damn bed of his. He chuckled and watched as I stumbled over my own two feet and tried to gain balance before I fell on my face.

Once I had gained that balance that I had lacked so often, I turned around with my hands on my hips and glared at my snickering boyfriend. Asshole…

He gave me his twisted puppy dog look and I sighed, smiling and walking over to him to give him a last kiss and hug. “I’ll see you later, Max,” I told him as I started for his door.

“Oh! Make sure you’re ready for our date tonight by five-thirty!” Woah, wait. Date? I turned around to face him, my hand on the doorknob. I had a brow raised at him.

“We’re going on a date tonight? Where?”

“It’s a surprise. Just be ready, okay? I’ll come around later if I get the chance.” He smiled at me and sI sighed, smirking and shrugging at him as I turned back towards his door.

“Okay. I guess I’ll see you then…” With that, I made my way out of his house and over to my own. And instead of taking the front door like I usually would, I made my way back to my bedroom window to find it still open. With a smirk, I hauled myself into my room and onto my floor. The sun was just starting to rise as I closed that window of mine and moved across my room to leave it’s embrace. The house was silent and I was glad that my mother seemed to have absolutely no knowledge of my night away from home…
♠ ♠ ♠
A sucky filler, sorry guys. xP
Next chapter should be better, hopefully...

And holy crap, you guys! I have six stars on this now! Thank you so.........much! It means like...a ton and a half to me! <3
Thanks to the 47 subscribers for this...
And everyone that has commented.
Your comments and you subscribers make me so happy.
You fuel my writing fire for this! x3

The title for this chapter comes from "Favorite Disease" by Thousand Foot Krutch