Status: Finished

Fake Boyfriend

Shirtless in Seattle

The music woke me up first, then the loud singing. I rubbed my eyes and looked at the clock. It was nearing 10am. Luckily it was Saturday and I had nothing to do that day. I made my way upstairs to Pagan’s bedroom. I stopped at the door when I noticed her dancing around in the mechanics shirt. She turned in my direction and that’s when I noticed it was unbuttoned, bra showing, and she was wearing those little boy shorts.

“Jesse!” she exclaimed when she noticed me. She closed the shirt, wrapping it tighter around her body.

“What are you listening to?” I asked. That was the only thing I could think of to say. She ran over to her stereo and turned it down. She held up a cd case but I didn’t recognize it.

“It’s McFly. Song’s called “Do Ya” from one of their albums. I needed some fun music after last night. You know, to shake off the stress and start over. Good music, you should listen to it sometime,” she said. She tugged on some jeans and then stared at me.

“Why are you staring at me?”

“I need to put on a shirt. So if you don’t mind going downstairs. I’ll make breakfast. Danica and Morgan should be here in a few minutes anyway,” she said. She pushed me out and shut the door behind her. I made my way downstairs when the doorbell rang. Weird how Danica and Morgan felt the need to ring the doorbell instead of just walking in. I opened the door with a smile but it quickly faded.

“Hey neighbor guy. Look, is Pagan here? I really need to talk to her,” Joseph said.

“I don’t think now’s a good time Joseph. She was pretty upset last night. She’ll talk to you when she’s ready,” I said and started to close the door. He stuck his foot in the opening and pushed it back open.

“Listen neighbor guy--”

“Jesse.”

“Jesse, neighbor guy, whatever. I think your opinion doesn’t matter right now. So if you could go get Pagan, that would be great,” he said. I gritted my teeth.

“She’s still asleep right now. Why don’t you return when she’s awake?” I said. I could feel the blood pumping through me, my heart racing.

“Fine, just tell her I stopped by,” he said and walked away. He passed by Danica and Morgan who were getting out of the car. I loosened my body and held the door open for them to get through.

“Jesse, you’re still here?” Morgan said.

“Pagan will be down in a second. Why do you sound so surprised that I’m here?” I asked.

“Oh I’m not surprised. I just figured you would’ve gone back to your house when she went to bed. But you stayed, how nice of you,” Morgan said, patting my cheek. I brushed her away.

“Morgan quit. I just wanted to make sure she was okay. Don’t go into your deluded fantasies again,” I said, straightening up where I slept last night.

“Well at least you slept on the couch and not in her bed. Otherwise this would be more awkward then it already is,” Danica said.

“Why is this awkward. I let her vent and made sure she went to bed okay. No big deal,” I said. Morgan gave me once over which was never a good sign.

“Says the giant mascara stain on your shirt. You going to make your move on her now cowboy?” Morgan said. I walked up to her and put her face in my hands.

“Morgan I love you. You’re family. But sometimes I just want to kill you,” I said.

“Good, at least I’m not the only one who feels like that,” Pagan said as she descended the stairs.

“There’s my girl! Listen, Braxton knows a guy who knows a guy that’ll take him out,” Danica said.

“Danica I--”

“Okay maybe just a little love tap, but he said he’ll do it for free. Think it over,” Danica said and walked into the kitchen.

“I’ll just leave you two alone for a second,” Morgan said and flittered into the kitchen. The silence between us was awkward.

“Listen Jesse about last night. I just want to thank you. And thank you for telling me about Joseph in the first place. I should’ve believed you. Think we could still be friends?” she said.

“Sure Pagan. I want us to remain friends,” I said. She smiled and hugged me. It was quick hug as she caught a peek at my shirt.

“Looks like I owe you a shirt. I think I got one of yours that you left from the time you did laundry. Just take that one off and I’ll get you a clean one,” she said.

“Pagan, it’s just a shirt. I’ll survive.” The look on her face indicated she wasn’t about to take no for an answer. I took off the shirt and she went back to her ‘muck room’ leaving me alone half naked.

“Jesse I wasn’t aware this was a shirt optional breakfast,” Morgan said. Of course she would chose now to walk back into the living room.

“Pagan’s just getting me a clean shirt,” I said.

“Yeah, that’s what they all say.” She retreated back to the kitchen and I heard her and Danica giggling.

“What are they laughing about?” Pagan asked as she returned with my shirt.

“Took you long enough,” I said taking the shirt from her hands and putting it on.

“What? You afraid that your lily white skin is going to burn from five seconds of sun exposure. Pussy,” she said.

“Whatever. Now, get in the kitchen and make me some breakfast!” I said. She shoved me and went into the kitchen. With a sigh, I realized we were back.