Status: Finished

Fake Boyfriend

Of All the Gin Joints to Get Into a Cat Fight In

- Pagan -

The next morning came knocking on my door a little too hard. After dropping Jesse off at home, I decided watching a romantic comedy would be the thing to lift my spirits. I cuddled up on my couch after stripping out of my little black dress and obnoxious heels now dressed in a pair of pajamas. After about 20 minutes of the movie and a few bites into a pint of ice cream, I was shouting at the tv. I can’t remember exactly what I was yelling, but I’m pretty sure I was screaming at the girl to stop being stupid and leave him. In my mind, she didn’t need a man to keep her happy. I passed out before the movie ended. The ice cream ended up melting on my carpet and that’s where Morgan and Danica found me as I was scrubbing up the stain.

“Want to come clean my house next?” Morgan asked. I looked up at him through a bit of hair that had fallen in my face. She just had to antagonize me while I was sweating, smelling like chemicals, and wearing rubber gloves.

“You are just like your cousin. You know that?” I said, furiously scrubbing the floor.

“Blood is thicker then water. I think it’s gone now. Go grab a shower and I’ll treat you to lunch,” she said. I couldn’t refuse free food so I got cleaned up fast.

As I was tugging on my boots, I looked over to Jesse’s room. His light was on but he wasn’t in there. I was worried about his eye as the swelling was massive by the time we arrived back home. I heard Morgan screaming my name from downstairs and hurried down. I learned not to keep her waiting.

As we were eating and the conversation lagged, I decided to bring up something I had been pondering for a bit.

“Hey Morgan, who’s Karina?” I asked. She stopped eating and looked at me. It wasn’t a mean look, just one of sheer curiosity.

“Karina? Did Jesse mention her?” she asked. I had a feeling this was jut the beginning of the probe.

“More like we ran into her. He pulled a me and asked me to pretend to be his girlfriend. I was just wondering what exactly would make him act like that,” I said.

“That girl did a number on him. She was his girlfriend back home and he was head over heels for her. She used this to manipulate him, fuck with his mind. No matter how many times she cheated on him, making it obvious she was, he took her back. I guess she made him think that this was his only chance. Finally, after an intervention by yours truly, he kicked her like a dirty habit. But she was still everywhere, trying to drive him crazy. That’s why he moved here, to get away from her. I guess she caught wind of where he was and decided to go back to her old tricks,” Morgan said. I was speechless after that. I didn’t know exactly what to say to that. Danica, on the other hand, was full of responses.

“What a bitch. I’m glad he dropped that whore before she got him to the alter. I say we say good riddance to the slut with some margaritas. Waiter!” Danica said. I laughed at her and ordered my drink. If I wasn’t going to turn down free food, I wasn’t about to turn down free drinks.

“Mom saw Jesse earlier today when she stopped by his house to make sure he was okay. She told him to wear that black eye like a badge of honor. My mother is crazy,” Morgan said, chugging the rest of her drink.

“I figured that out last night when she conned me into dancing with a complete stranger,” I said.

“Well it wasn’t a stranger, it was Jesse. It wasn’t that bad was it?” Danica asked.

“No it wasn’t. I just can’t believe that I let her talk me into doing it in the first place. Now I can see where you get it Morgan.” She feigned shock.

“You shut your mouth when you’re talking to me!” she said and waved the waiter over for another drink.

We bid our goodbyes and I went back to my house. When I realized I had nothing to do that night, and it being a Saturday night, I needed to find something to do. Both Morgan and Danica were busy with their respected men folk so I called up a friend from work. She said she didn’t have much to do that night either so we decided to meet up for a few drinks at a local bar not too far from my house. I changed my clothes and stole another glance at Jesse’s room. The light was now off and there was no lights on in the entire house. He must’ve stepped out for the evening.

The hours at the bar went by slow and the service was even slower. I hadn’t been to the bar before so I had no idea just how sucky the service was. Cally, my friend from work, made the evening worthwhile though. We just sat there making fun of everyone who walked in the door. It was nice to think that someone else’s life was more pathetic then mine.

“Oh there’s a winner. Walking into a bar alone with a black eye is not the way to get the ladies honey,” Cally said. I turned my head to see who had walked in and that’s when I realized I needed a way to fly below the radar. Jesse was there in the doorway peering out the window. He spotted something and quickly made his way behind a group of people that were near the back.

“Great,” I muttered to myself.

“Jesse!” Karina screamed as she burst through the door. She scanned the crowd, spotting Jesse through a break in the crowd.

“And a girl is chasing after him. How much do you want to bet that she gave him the black eye?” Cally said. I suddenly wished she wasn’t here.

“More like he was protecting a girl from a douche. I’ll be right back,” I said without looking at her. I saw her reaction by the mirror over the bar. She was rolling her eyes at me, taking another sip of her watered down amaretto. I mustered up some courage and walked over to Karina who was trying to make her way to Jesse.

“He’s not going to get away from me this time,” Karina muttered under her breath. Wow. This bitch was crazy.

“Actually he is. Karina, I think it’s time for you leave,” I said. She turned around to see me, hands on hip and projected pure hostility. I sneaked a glance at Jesse who stood there frozen in his Ghostbusters tee shirt and tan jacket.

“The new girlfriend with the stupid name, Pagan. Jesse’s come back to me a million times before. What makes you think he wont this time?” she said, sizing me up.

“Well he moved to get away from you for starters. And now he’s with me so scoot along dear. Go on, scoot,” I said, motioning with my hands. She stared at me, long and hard, but I just stared back. I didn’t know where my sudden burst of confidence had come from but I liked it. She broke first, smirking and looking away.

“Would you fight for him?” she asked.

“Well yeah. He’s my boyfriend,” I said. She put her fists up like a boxer.

“Go on, I’ll give you five seconds to hit me first,” she said.

“Huh?” I said. This bitch was crazy. I laughed, thinking she was joking until her fist connected with my face.

“You waited to long,” she said.

“Son of a bitch! Oh that’s it!” I said and grabbing my eye.

I’ve never been a fight before so I did what my body told me to do, pull her hair. I managed to get a fist full near the roots and let her have it. I pulled hard, almost pulling her down to the ground, and she let out a guttural scream. On her way down she managed to lock her arms around my knee, bringing me down with her. My ass hit the ground hard and she continued her attack on her. I could feel the slight trickle of blood down my cheek as she slashed at me with her press on nails. What the fuck had I gotten myself into? The courage and confidence that I had felt earlier left and was replaced by sheer terror. As she tried to slash into my face again, two guys pulled her off of me and strong arms wrapped around me, dragging me away. I looked up and saw a Ghostbusters shirt before passing out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so here's some more outfits. I'm addicted to Polyvore now.
Pagan and Jesse's engagement party outfits
Pagan's lunch outfit
Pagan's bar outfit
Jesse's bar outfit