Who Knew

Gravity

Piper sleepily walked into the living room. Sam and Emily were now sitting on the couch talking. "Hey Piper!" Sam said. She grinned widely and walked into the room. She wondered if she should just go home and give them some time together, but then she had remembered she asked Jacob to come back.

"Hey Sam."

"Is Jacob staying the night too?" Emily asked.

Piper shrugged her shoulders, "I asked him to come back. . ."

"You two should stay." Emily suggested, "Give you guys some time to talk and stuff."

Sam nodded his head, "Em's right. You two can spend the night in that room. The couch pulls out into a pretty comfortable bed."

She smiled, and thanked them. Even though the idea of sharing a bed with Jacob Black gave her butterflies. Claire started crying from the bedroom, and Emily took off to care for her.

"You should give him a chance, Piper. He really does care about you." Sam said.

She smiled, "I want to. . . but I just think we need to know each other better."

"You've known him since you could walk and talk." Sam laughed.

"Yeah, but I never. . . got to know him. . . you know, what he likes, dislikes, what he's all about."

Sam smiled, "I know what you mean. But I also want you to know he's crazy about you already."

Piper smiled, and before she had a chance to say anything, Jacob walked back through the front door. Piper smiled at him, and he smiled back. Emily soon came into the room and told Sam she thought they needed to take Claire back to her moms house. She thought she was coming down with a bug or something. Sam agreed and soon the two of them left the house, telling Piper and Jacob to make themselves at home.

"How long do you get to stay?" Piper asked, hoping to make the most of their time together.

"For the night." Jacob said smiling.

He walked past Piper, and into the room where they would be spending the night. He was extremely happy about spending some time with her. Paul was out patrolling, and they had no interruptions. Jacob pulled out the couch and made it into a bed.

Piper walked into the room and watched as he transformed the couch into a spacious bed. She looked over at him, "Was it a vampire, Jake?"

He nodded his head. "Yeah, but I think he or she is long gone now."

"What if they come back?"

He sighed, "Then we'll deal with it." He said, and then laid down on the bed, and pulled the covers up over his legs. He was super tired from the lack of sleep, and long day of patrolling, but there was no way he planned on going to bed early. "Come here." He said, patting on the space beside him.

She climbed inside the bed, and he pulled the covers up over her. She felt so comfortable being close to him. He moved until she was laying in his arms.

"So, you said you wanted to know things about me. Ask." Jacob said.

She giggled, "What now?"

"Why not?"

She sighed, "I don't even know what I want to ask."

"What do you want to know about me?"

"What's your hobbies?"

"I like fixing cars and motorcycles. And what about you?"

She giggled, "I like doing nails, and hair. You know. . . girl stuff."

"How tall are you now?" She asked. It had been a question she had wondered about for quite some time now.

"Six Five and still growing."

She laughed, "You're a freaking giant, Jake."

He smiled, "I don't mind the height."

"It suits you." She said, and then nibbled on her bottom lip before answering her next question. "So, tell me. . . Are you sure you don't like Bella Swan?"

He laughed, "Piper, Bella doesn't even exist to me that way now. When I saw you, nothing existed but you. Gravity doesn't even hold me in place anymore, you do."

She smiled, and then they continued switching questions back and forth. Hours passed, but they didn't even notice the time change. The only thing they were concerned with was each other. Piper learned about how Jacob missed his sisters, and how he felt over the death of his mother. He learned how she felt out-casted because she wasn't originally born to a Quileute family. By the end of the night, they both felt like they knew each other pretty well.

"You need to go to bed. You're yawning a lot." Jacob said.

She laughed, "You're yawning too!"

He smiled, and then pressed his lips against her forehead. "Let's go to bed."

"But Jake. . . time together." She whined.

He laughed, "Piper, we have all the time in the world together. Please sleep."

She smiled, and then kissed him on the cheek, and cuddled up close to him, "Night Jake."

He smiled, "Night Piper."

He was officially in heaven.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image