Letters From Jack

Two Weeks

Zoey inhaled deeply as she stood in front of another photographer. It had been two weeks since the incident with Jack. She still hadn't left Gotham. She had come to a decision that if he hadn't come back by the time her two month lease was up, then she would do as he said and leave. She had a little over a month left, and planned on making the best out of her stay in Gotham.

At the moment she was posing against a white back drop which was covered in several different colors of paint. She had a paint brush in one hand, and a white bra and pantie set covering her body. She posed with the brush and the back drop as the photographer snapped photos of her. She was glad this was a new photographer. She was female, and much better than the man she had last time.

"Could I get you to run the red paint over your stomach, and then possibly use your finger to write the word Ford across it?"

Zoey nodded her head, and ran the brush across her stomach leaving a large line of red paint. She began to use her finger to scribble the word Ford across her stomach before it had a chance to dry, but she wasn't sure if she would be able to write it clearly. The photographer herself came over and wrote it to make sure it was readable.

Zoey posed as the woman continued to snap shots. She was working her best to look incredible in the pictures. She was hoping this was a edgy enough shoot to actually land her a spot on the website homepage.

After about an hour, Zoey was finished and was handed a rag to clean the pain from her stomach. Some had actually dried on her, but she didn't mind. She could always scrub it off in the shower later tonight. She said her goodbyes to her photographer, and then she walked out of the building.

She was surprised when it was almost dark outside. She knew the photo shoot didn't start until three in the afternoon, but she didn't expect it to be dark when she was finished. She now regretted walking the eight blocks to the building. She grabbed a hair tie from her pocket, and tied her long hair back into a pony tail as she began walking down the street at a quick pace. She didn't want to be out on the streets of Gotham at night.

The Joker twisted a knife into the wooden table as he listened to the chatter of conversations around him. After he had left Zoey's two weeks ago, he came back to his hideout, done some thinking, and then changed into his Joker outfit and make-up. He hadn't changed out of that outfit in over two weeks. He was aware his hygiene was probably horrible, but he couldn't be bothered with something like that.

"Are we going out tonight, boss?" Dopey asked, just as he had every night for the past two weeks.

The Joker looked up at him and groaned, "What would you suggest us do, Dopey?" He asked in a childish voice.

"I don't know. . ." The goon stuttered, "I just thought."

"You thought what?" The Joker snapped.

Dopey just dropped his head and The Joker rolled his eyes. He knew he needed to make an appearance tonight. He needed to make sure that this city still knew who owned it, but he didn't want to go to the wrong place and take a chance of running into her. He didn't know if she was in Gotham or not.

"Why don't we go to the mob meeting, boss?" Midnight asked.

The Joker looked at her and could tell she was itching to get into some trouble. She had a smirk displaying across her red lips. He didn't know why she had an obsession with crashing mob meetings, but the young vixen loved to make those men squirm in their pants. He knew that would be the one place that Zoey would never be. His lips curved into a deadly smile.

"The mob meeting it is." He said childishly as he looked around at his goons. His eyes widened a bit, "What are you idiots waiting for? Let's go!" He bellowed, getting up from the chair and picking his knife up. He then placed the blade in his pocket as he whistled a tune as he walked towards the exit.

Zoey shivered as the street lights came on. It was officially dark out and she had nearly four more blocks to go. She kept mentally cursing herself for walking today. She should have known to drive. She looked down the street and noticed two men standing by a building which looked abandoned. She ignored them, and figured if she just walked past them silently, then nothing would be said to her.

One of the guys elbowed the other as she walked by.

"Now that's something I wouldn't mind getting my hands on."

"And if Maroni catches you going after her instead of watching the front door, then you're dead."

The boy smirked, "Cover me." He stated, as he took off running towards Zoey.

Zoey felt her arm being grabbed, and she was spun around. She looked into the bright green eyes of the man who she had just passed. He was probably no older than eighteen or nineteen. He was tall, and extremely skinny, though he could probably out power her on any day of the week.

"What's a beautiful woman like you doing out here all alone?" He asked.

She didn't want to say going home, encase he would follow her. She smiled, "I'm going to my boyfriend's house."

The boy frowned. He had never saw someone so gorgeous in his entire life. He wanted nothing more than to have a piece of her.

"Oh come on sweet heart. Wouldn't you rather go home with me instead?"

"Sorry, no." She said, turning around. She was praying he wouldn't grab her again.

He grabbed her again, this time a bit harsher. "I said you would, doll face." He said, pulling her into a alleyway. She screamed, but his hand clamped down over her mouth.

The Joker arrived at the building where the meeting was being held and narrowed his eyes together seeing only one punk standing by the door instead of two. "Some thing's going on." He told Reaper.

"Yeah, they normally have two."

He decided that Maroni was just getting cheap and didn't want to pay two, and climbed out of the van. Midnight, Reaper, and Crusher followed him. Dopey was going to wait behind in the van to make sure it was running and ready to go when they made their exit. The Joker began walking towards the building quietly, and just as he watched Reaper pull the gun from his jacket to dispose of the door watcher, he heard a glass shattering scream.

Midnight looked at him oddly, and then the scream happened again.

"It's coming from the alley." Midnight said.

"Maroni's probably doing a little torture session." The Joker said, "Let's rain on his parade."

The Joker, Midnight, and Crusher walked in the shadows until they arrived at the alley. Reaper stayed behind to watch the punk.

The Joker turned down the alleyway, expecting to see Maroni with some poor soul, but instead he saw a young boy hovering over a girl. The boy turned around hearing someone behind him, and Jack felt like his heart dropped to the pits of his stomach as he saw Zoey hunched against the wall, with her shirt unbuttoned. He saw something red on her stomach, and assumed she had been injured. He then let the true psychopath inside him come out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image