Letters From Jack

Crazy

Over the next three days things between the two of them were slowly improving. Instead of having her stay at the run down hotel, he decided she needed to stay with him in his run down hideout. He allowed her to stay in his bedroom, while he slept somewhere else. She noticed one thing that was extremely weird about him. He was now super protective of her. She sighed, as she placed some of her clothing into her suit case. She didn't know where they would be after today. She was suppose to leave Gotham tonight, but now she didn't know what to do.

He opened the door and walked inside his bedroom, which had now become her bedroom. She was placing items in her suit case which surprised him, "What are you doing?"

"I was only suppose to be in Gotham three days, Jack."

"You can't leave." He frowned.

She half smiled, "I need to go home. I didn't pack hardly any clothing with me. I didn't expect for you to take the news well."

"You can't go though. You're pregnant."

She laughed, "I'm pregnant, not disabled, Jack."

"I don't want you going." He said, crossing his arms over his chest.

She smiled, "I need to go home. I promised mom and dad I would come back."

"But. . ."

"Do you want me to come back here after I go home and get some clothes?" She asked.

She didn't originally plan on coming back to Gotham after Jack was informed. She figured even if he did want to be apart of the baby's life, then they would somehow learn to share custody. He nodded his head as he walked over and sat down on the bed.

"I just want you to be around me at all times. I'm not going to let you get hurt."

"Jack, I'm not going to get hurt."

"There are crazy people out there." He said looking at her, and then nodded his head in a funny way, "Even crazier than I am."

She laughed, "I've dated the infamous Joker, I think I can manage a few crazies."

He smiled up at her and then sighed, as he shook his head, "I fucked up bad, didn't I?"

"Hmm?" She asked.

"I fucked up, and lost the only thing I've ever cared about. . . which is you."

She was shocked by his honestly. She couldn't even form one word, let alone a sentence to reply back to him. He actually had a heart. He loved her, and regretted losing her. She licked over her lips, and sighed. "Jack, you haven't lost me."

"You know what I meant."

"And like I said, you haven't lost me. We had a fight, and both acted childish. We should have been adults and talked it out more."

He looked at her and smiled widely. "You're willing to give me another chance?"

"You promise me. . . one day you'll give it up?" She asked.

He nodded his head, "One day soon."

She sighed, "Then I'm willing to give you a chance, Jack. I love you more than anything. I want us to be a family. You, me, and our baby."

He looked down at her stomach and then up into her baby blues again. He smiled, as he leaned over and touched his lips against the skin on her forehead. It was the first time he had kissed her since she had been back in Gotham, "I promise that I will make things good for us. For you, and for our baby. Okay? I just need time. I need time to do some things. I need time to get everything. . . perfect, okay?"

"Okay. I trust you, Jack."

He sighed, "I'm never losing you again." He whispered, leaning down and pressing his mouth against hers.

She smiled, and then wrapped her arms around his neck and held him against her. She was so happy to have him this close again. She was glad he finally came around. She pulled away from him and sighed, "I really do need to go back home and sort some things out."

He groaned, "No."

"I have to."

"But. . . I don't want you to."

"Why not?"

"Because, you belong here. . . with me."

She smiled, "I'll come back to you, I promise. I've got to go home though. I need my things."

He sighed, and shook his head, not wanting her to be away from him.

"Unless, you want to go with me?"

"Go with you where?"

"Back to my house. You could. . . meet my parents again."

"Your parents hated me back in the day. It's not going to change."

"I think it will. Just come back with me, please?"

He groaned, "I'd have to cover up my scars with damned concealer every single day."

She giggled, "It won't be so bad. Come on, please."

"Fine." He said, leaning down and pressing his mouth against hers, "Only because I love you. . ." He said, and then whispered, "I love you so fucking much."

She smiled, and then pressed her mouth against his harder, "I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image