Letters From Jack

Money

Zoey chewed on her bottom lip as she placed some luggage into her suit case. She was leaving out for her parents tomorrow morning and wasn't looking forward to her trip what so ever. She was glad Jack was finally departing ways with the Joker, but she knew she'd be worried to death until she was back in the house with him. She folded up a pair of jeans and placed them inside the case. Running her hands through her hair, she closed the suit case and zipped it.

She picked up the suit case and placed it by the end of the hall. It was right beside the nursery. She smiled as she walked inside the room and looked around. It was still empty due to the fact that they were waiting to decorate after they found out about the baby's sex. She saw the closet door half open and burrowed her brows together as she walked over to it. She pulled it open and her face went to shock as she saw two duffel bags, and a couple of boxes on the top shelf. She unzipped one of the duffel bags and looked inside.

It was full of hundred dollar bills. Her mouth dropped as she picked up some of the money and held it in her hands. She couldn't believe this much money was stored in their home. She figured out what Jack had been doing. He had been putting money back to make sure they wouldn't need anything. He was making sure that their little family would always be taken care of. She smiled, and then placed the money back inside and closed the closet doors. She then walked out of the nursery room, shutting the door behind her and walked down the stairs.

Jack wouldn't be home for a couple more hours, so she figured she could get some cleaning done while she waited for him to return home.

The Joker and Reaper sat in his bedroom and discussed the plans for tomorrow night. Reaper had come through with finding an identical body, and the young man had even went through with slicing the smile into his face. The Joker promised him five million dollars after the job was completed. It was a promise he planned on breaking. The boy had no chance of surviving the explosion.

"So tomorrow night right before the bank closes, right?"

"Exactly. I'm estimating about five million dollars will be in the bank." The Joker said, "That's four for me, and one for you kid."

"And everyone dies but us, right?"

"Exactly. You know the escape route, right?"

"Yeah. What about if the others try to escape as well?"

"We have guns for that."

The Joker went over the plan with him one last time. Reaper seemed to understand all of the details perfectly. He had briefed the guys on the current job earlier. However, he had left out the small details of how none of them would survive to see the next morning.

"Well, I need to be leaving." The Joker announced getting up and leaving the hideout.

He arrived at the house a little while later. He walked in through the front door and saw her up on her tip toes, trying to clean the top of the entertainment center. He chuckled as he leaned against the door, and watched as she tried her best to clean it. Her shirt raised up a little, to reveal her stomach and he smiled with pride.

"Hey baby." He said, walking over and wrapping his arms around her.

"Hi babe. Okay. You have a job now. It's cleaning the top of the entertainment center. I can't reach." She said, tossing the rag over to the box of cleaning products she had on the floor.

He chuckled, and then took her by the hand and pulled her over to the couch. They sat down, and she scooted close to him.

"You packed for your trip?" He asked.

"Mhm. Are you ready for your job?"

"I am. I can't wait to get it over with so I can come home with you, and just wait for our baby to arrive."

She smiled, as she leaned over and pressed her lips against his. "I can't wait for our baby to get here."

"We need to do a lot of stuff before she or he comes though."

She smiled, "Like what?"

"Like fix the nursery, and I figured I could buy a building around here and put in a costume shop. You know. . . maybe a family business."

She smiled widely, and practically leaped into his arms, and smothered his face with kisses. She had assumed that by finding all that money upstairs in the closet that he would want to just sit around and hideout for the rest of their lives. But it was the total opposite.

"That sounds amazing. I can't wait! I would love to own a costume shop."

"It would be a good source of income." Jack stated, "and we could make our own hours."

"That sounds amazing Jack! I'm so excited."

He laughed, and held her close to him. The life he had always imagined himself having was finally happening. He just hoped that things with off without any problems. All he wanted was to get rid of being the Joker, and life a normal life with Zoey.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image