Snake Bite Heart With a Bubble Gum Smile

Chapter36

I am running around the house like a chicken with my head cut off. The minute I awoke from Alex's bed this morning, I was in dance mode.

I'm just a dancing mess at this point.

My makeup has already been applied. The glittery eye shadow, eyeliner, and gloss were the easiest part of my morning. I am a pro at makeup. Though it did take me awhile to make sure both eyeliner swirls were even.

Uneven swirls would be devastating.

Or that's what David used to say.

I called David first thing this morning, being a nervous wreck and all. He told me to calm down, that I would do fine, and that I better have my damn eyeliner perfect.

Aaron would have fixed it for me if it wasn't.

But my makeup is perfect.

My full outfit is on covered by an oversized coat. I can't unveil the outfit until the actually performance. Plus, I don't want to get food on it if I decide to eat before.

If I can eat before.

I lean against the counter in the kitchen, lifting myself onto the balls of my feet repeatedly. It's another nervous habit of mine. One that only takes place before dance competitions. It makes my calves burn. That means they're gaining muscle necessary for me to dance.

Alex walks into the kitchen and looks at me. The caterpillars on his face crawl closer together.

"What are you doing?" he asks.

"Don't worry about it," I reply, continuing to lift my body.

His eyes still remain on my nervous frame.

"Do I need to bring you to the performance area?" he asks.

I shake my head. "I'm going with the rest of the team."

"They're coming to pick you up?"

I nod.

"Are you finished getting ready?" he asks.

"Are you done asking questions?" I snap.

His face drops.

Great, I made him sad again. I didn’t mean to. I'm nervous and stressed. He wouldn't stop asking questions.

"Sorry," he says.

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't snap at you."

"It's alright. I know I get annoying and I know you're nervous."

"How would you know that?"

"On your first day of kindergarten, you did this very same thing. It was hilarious. Imagine a miniature version of you lifting herself on her toes and snapping at me in odd English. You threw your Barbie at me too."

My teeth gnaw on my bottom lip.

He actually knows about one of my many habits. Something he remembers from my young childhood. Something even I don't remember.

"Surprised?" he asks.

"Very."

"I didn't completely ignore you. I knew you existed and I knew you were a being capable of emotion. You were just so much younger than me. It was hard for me to figure out how to relate to you."

"I guess I can understand that."

"I should have tried though."

"Yeah, you should have," I reply.

A honk sounds from outside.

"That's them," I say, pushing myself away from the counter.

I leave the kitchen, Alex following behind me. I stop when I reach the door and turn to face him.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"I'm going to say 'bye' to you and watch the car leave to make sure you're safe," he replies.

"You don't have to do that," I say.

Everyone will see you.

"I'm going to."

Alex's voice is strong, decided. I can tell he will not budge.

I guess I have no choice.

I turn the knob and push the door open. Cold spreads on my uncovered parts. Alex steps outside with me.

He pulls me into a hug, "I'll see you in a bit. Good luck."

"Thanks," I push out of his grasp and walk towards the van.

"Love you," he yells.

"Love you too," I yell back with a chuckle.

The door to the van slides open and I jump in. I sit in the easiest to reach seat, next to Aaron. His eyes are wide, as are everyone else's. They look at me as if I have three heads.

"What," I ask.

"You didn't tell us you knew Alex Gaskarth," Aaron says.

"He's my brother," I respond.

There is silence. Aaron releases a screech, brutally murdering the silence. I cover my ears in an attempt to save them from loosing all hearing. His screeches come to an end.

"He is so hot," he yells.

That's disgusting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to Reptar., deekayyx0, erinx3, afraidofeverest, xoNatasha5xo, Mrs_Jessica_Midnight, followmedown, v i v o l e t t e ., save your heart., FayeIsLost, Ms. Sobriety, CypherToorima, NikoleHalvorsen, and xXScreamToBeHeardXx.
And thank you to any new subscribers.
That number is so close to 200.
So finals are next week;
Give me a break if I don't get to update for awhile.
Enjoy?
Comment?
xoxo
Lyric-Celeste