Lovely Wisdom

Come Here Often?

I emerged from homeroom into the hallway and saw a waiting Gerard leaning against the lockers. I sighed of relief and approached him.

"You got here fast." I acknowledged, smiling at him.

"Well, my homeroom is right next to yours." He nodded towards the classroom door before he looked at me. "Let me see your schedule."

I took the folded piece of paper out from my back pocket and handed it to Gerard. He unfolded it and took his schedule out, too. His hazel eyes flickered back and forth over our schedules. Then he looked at me and smiled.

"We have five out of seven classes together and we have the same lunch." He looked thrilled as he said it. "Chemistry, English, Art, Gym, and Student Assistant."

"Wow," I said, my eyes wide with shock. "Two classes I hate that I have with you. Impressive." He knows which classes I was talking about: Chemistry and Gym. Gym is required for one year for graduation purposes and Gerard and I both chose it at the very last year of high school. Isn't that amazing?

"I know," he replied with a chuckle and handed my schedule back to me. "Look on the bright side, at least we have more time to spend together." We were walking toward the Chemistry classroom at this point and it was like we were in our own little friendship bubble.

"Did you bribe the principle?" I joked.

"No, did you?" He countered.

"With what money?"

"Good point. I'm just glad we can spend more time together, so we could make up for the whole summer."

I rolled my eyes. "Gerard, even if we didn't have any classes together, it wouldn't be like we'd never see each other. I live not even two minutes away from you, so I don't think a few classes together is going to change that."

"Sugar, this is Senior year. Things can change for the better or for the worse."

I stared at him blankly. "Why did you just call me 'sugar'?" I didn't mean it in a rude way, he just never called me that before.

"Because you're so fucking sweet." He smiled at me innocently. We were right next to the Chemistry classroom, so with his dramatic entrance, Gerard walked through the door and shouted, "Gerard Way has entered class on time! You can applaud me!"

"Oh god, Gerard." I said to him as I entered the classroom. "Was that necessary?"

Some of the students that were already in the classroom were staring at us oddly, but I didn't care. They can stare all they want.

"I just know how to make an entrance." He raised his eyebrows at me before he turned around, walked across the room, and sat down in an empty desk.

I sighed heavily, slightly annoyed, but mostly grateful. I really missed us having arguments over nothing. I walked in his direction and sat in the desk in front of him.

Class started not long afterward. The teacher, Mr. Smith, told us a little bit about himself, which is pretty much what teachers do on the very first day of school. After he was done, he told us to stand up individually and tell us a little bit about ourselves. I was dreading my turn, because I hate introductions, especially about myself. Good thing though, Gerard was up before I was.

He stood up as I looked up at him. He smiled and talked about himself very confidently. That's what I admired most about him; he hardly ever gets nervous. He sat down after he was done. He whispered to me, "Okay, your turn."

I noticed that several girls in the class were staring at him before I stood up. It was unbelievable by how much attention he's getting. They took their eyes off of him and looked at me. I gulped before I opened my mouth.

"Uh...my name is Athena Eternity Baker. I'll be eighteen on December twentieth. I have an iPod with the greatest music known to the human race." I hesitated and pushed some of my red hair behind my ear before I continued talking. "I live with my father and step-mother. Art fascinates me and I love to read. That's pretty much it." I sat down quickly and stared at my hands.

"Why do you look embarrassed? I think you did great." Gerard whispered in my ear.

I shrugged it off.

When class ended, Gerard gave me a quick-but-tight hug and we went off in different directions. I had to go to Trigonometry: a subject I despise. What makes matters worse is I didn't know anyone in that classroom. So, it's hard to tolerate.

I had Drama afterwards. I went straight to the auditorium and sat down where everyone was gathering. I didn't see anyone that I knew, so I just started to twirl my hair from boredom.

"Hey redhead," a familiar voice said to me and put his arm around my shoulders. "Come here often?"

I looked at him and laughed. "Hey Ray," I hugged him. "I didn't know you liked Drama class."

"Well, there's a chance that I might meet a cute girl that I like." He winked at me and chuckled.

I shook my head as I smiled at him. "Wow, good luck with that."

Drama passed quickly as Ray and I caught up with each other and talked about random stuff.

I love it when I'm with my friends...because I really hate being alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love Ray. XD
I know my updates are a little slow, but I'll try to update more often.

Comment? :)