Status: Complete.

Hurricane

Pushed Up The Window To Kiss You Off

April 2006

There was going to be three more shows on the tour and then it would be over.

I hadn’t spoken to Pete since the previous month when he had showed up unexpectedly on Panic!’s bus. I did see him though. I would watch Panic!’s performance and then I’d leave just as Fall Out Boy was preparing to go on stage.

I didn’t want to listen to them; didn’t want to listen to Pete’s words.

I was sad that the tour was ending though. It was safe to say that I considered Brendon to be my best friend. He had gotten me through the rest of this tour and without him I probably would not have been able to stick around for the rest of the tour. I was hoping that our friendship would continue after the tour ended. I wasn’t sure if I was still going to be working for Panic! after the tour and I did not want to talk to Pete about it. Brendon said he’d check for me though.

I had saved up the money I was making from this job so that I could hopefully find a place of my own. I felt more confident about myself and felt that I could handle living by myself again, though the thought of being alone wasn’t exactly appealing.

---

After Panic!’s final performance of the tour, I ended up going back to their bus alone. The guys were going to stay and support Fall Out Boy for their final performance. I took the opportunity of being alone to start organizing my things so that it would be easier to pack everything. Looking around the bus, it was clear that I wasn’t the only one who had waited until the last minute to pack.

The plan for the night was that we were going to get hotel rooms for tonight and then we would head to the airport in the morning, parting ways to get on plane’s to our respective cities. I wasn’t looking forward to this because Pete and I would be stuck on a plane together and there was a good chance that our seats were booked right next to each other. I was trying not to think about it too much.

“Molly!” Brendon’s voice interrupted my thoughts. I left the bunk area and went to go greet him. He pulled me in for a hug. “I hope you’re ready to party as soon as we’ve checked into the hotel.”

“I don’t know if I want to party,” I said, smiling at him.

“Nonsense,” he said immediately. “I’m not taking no for an answer. It’s our last night and we are going to celebrate.”

I rolled my eyes and Brendon grinned at me.

“It’s going to be fun,” Brendon reassured me. I wondered if Pete were going to be there, but decided it’d be best to not think about it. Fun would be a good thing. I needed fun.

---

Fun was too many shots to even count. Fun was dancing for hours and laughing hysterically. Brendon and I were the definition of fun.

I knew Pete was in the club; I had caught a glimpse of him when we had first got there, but Brendon had steered me in the opposite direction and we headed straight to the bar where he had proceeded to order us several shots.

An hour later, I was relaxed and intoxicated. Brendon guided me to the dance floor, where he danced like a crazy person, making funny faces till I was laughing so hard I could barely breathe. I hadn’t been this happy in a while.

And then in an instant the situation changed. Someone bumped into me on the crowded dance floor and I fell into Brendon. I looked up at him to apologize, but the way he was looking at me and the way his hands had suddenly gripped my hips got the words caught in my throat. I felt myself blush and looked away quickly.

I caught site of Pete again and our eyes met. He had been watching Brendon and I. We looked away from each other at the same time.

“Are you okay?” I shivered as Brendon’s lips brushed my ear gently.

“I’m tired,” I said suddenly, my eyes meeting Brendon’s. “Can we go back to the hotel?”

Brendon nodded his head and his hands were suddenly gone from my hips. He took a hold of my hand and we headed out of the club. We were silent as we took a cab back to the hotel we were staying at. Neither of us said a word until we got into our room. Brendon had offered to share a room with me so that I wouldn’t be alone. I had loved the idea, but now I was slightly nervous because of what had just happened at the club.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Brendon finally asked.

“Yeah,” I said, smiling at him. “I’m just tired.”

I grabbed some pajamas from one of my suitcases along with my toothbrush and headed for the bathroom.

“I’ll be right out,” I said, before closing the door. I changed slowly into my pajamas before brushing my teeth. When I left the bathroom, Brendon was already changed and laying in one of the beds in the room. I looked at the other bed, the one I was supposed to sleep in—alone. I didn’t like the idea.

I wasn’t sure if this was the best choice, but I quietly climbed into Brendon’s bed. He turned to look at me as I settled next to him, a look of slight surprise on his face. I knew he wanted to ask if I was okay again, but he didn’t.

“I’m fine,” I whispered. His hand reached up, smoothing over my hair and I closed my eyes at his touch. I opened my eyes again when his hand was gone. “Thanks for tonight.”

He smiled.

“Did you have fun?” he asked quietly.

“I had a lot of fun,” I replied.

“Good,” he said. “I’m glad.”

I moved closer to him and pressed my forehead against his chest and his arm circled my waist, holding me to him. It didn’t take long to fall asleep.

---

This was the part I had not been looking forward to: Saying goodbye. We were all crowded together in the airport, getting ready to go in our separate directions; taking planes to different cities.

I said quick goodbyes to everyone in Fall Out Boy, and then the guys in Panic!. I hadn’t been too close with them. It was saying goodbye to Brendon that was going to be the hard part. He had become my best friend; someone I could rely on. And now we were going to be apart for who knew how long. I had given him my phone number and he had given me his, so we could at least call each other. I was scared, though, that we would grow apart if we didn’t get to see each other very often. I was still waiting to hear about my job with Decaydance. Maybe if I still worked for them I’d get to see Brendon more.

I didn’t want to cry, but as I turned to say my goodbye to Brendon I could feel my eyes watering. He pulled me into a hug.

“I’m going to miss you,” I said into his shoulder.

“I’m going to miss you too,” he said. We pulled apart and our eyes met. “I promise I’ll call you and we’ll figure something out.”

“I hope so,” I said. He smiled at me and I smiled back as best as I could—I still felt like crying.

And then something happened that I hadn’t been expecting; Brendon kissed me. It was brief, his lips touched mine softly and then just as suddenly as the kiss had happened it was over. I stood rooted to the spot with what I’m sure was a look of shock on my face. Then Brendon was hugging me again and telling me he’d call me soon. I felt his lips on my forehead this time and then he was walking away. I really wanted to cry now.

“Molly.”

I jumped slightly and looked around, realizing that Pete was watching me. I felt my face redden. I had forgotten that he was there.

“Sorry,” I said quietly.

“Our plane’s going to be boarding soon,” he said in response and he turned and started walking away. I picked up my carry-on bag and started following him through the airport.

---

“So are you and Brendon together now?” Pete asked as the plane was taking off. I was not looking forward to this flight.

“No,” I said quietly. “We’re just friends.”

I glanced at Pete and I could tell he didn’t believe me. It was silent for a little while and then Pete spoke again.

“I’m moving to New York,” he said.

“Oh…” I couldn’t think of anything else to say. I could ask why, but I felt at this point it was none of my business.

But I really didn’t need to ask because Pete explained briefly.

“It’ll be easier for me to do more with Decaydance,” he said. “And I’m also starting my own clothing line.”

I nodded my head.

“Well, I wish you luck,” I said. I didn’t like this situation at all. I don’t think things had ever been this awkward between Pete and I.

“Thanks,” he said. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him looking down at his hands. “Also… You have a job at Decaydance still if you want it. You’d have to move to New York though.”

“Oh… Okay,” I said, surprised by this. “I’d like to continue working there… I just don’t know how long it will take to find an apartment in the city.”

“It’s fine,” he said. “Take your time. The job is yours as soon as you get there though.”

“Thanks Pete,” I said.

“No problem,” he said.

We didn’t talk for the rest of the flight and I was relieved when we finally landed.
♠ ♠ ♠
A nice long update for you. Hope you enjoy it. :]

And I'm happy to say I've gotten some new subscribers-- I'm at a 114 now! It'd be great to hear from more of you, so don't be shy!

Leave some comments! I really appreciate them and love to know what you're thinking!

~Sally