You're Hiding All the Right Things

You're Hiding All The Right Things Ch. 12

A couple days before prom...

"Two tickets please." I said, handing the chick behind the ticket box twenty bucks. She took the money and handed me two tickets. "Thanks." I half walked, half skipped to my lunch table with my tickets. "I got my tickets to proooooom." I said, showing them to Caleb and Thomas. I found it ridiculous that Kristen and Halee didn’t sit with us, and they’ve been going out for like, a month.

"I’m buying ours tomorrow." Caleb said.

"Same here." Thomas said.

"I should call Jeremiah and tell him to come to school today, but he’s having exams in a week, so I want him to study and do good on those. Lucky, getting out three weeks before us."

"He also started a couple weeks before us." Caleb pointed out.

"Yeah, I know." I stuffed some green leafy goodness in my mouth. "Why don’t Kristen and Halee sit over here? They are your girlfriends."

They both shrugged. "They wanna sit with their friends, and their friends don’t wanna sit with us, so we’re here and they’re over there. We just catch up after lunch."

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out. A text from Jeremiah.

Hey, can I come to school today?

I replied:

I think you should use your study halls today to study for exams. I don’t want you failing because of me.

"Is that Jeremiah?" Caleb asked.

"Yeah, he wants to come to school, but I want him to stay in class today so he can study."

"That’s a good idea, but do you really think he’s gonna listen?" Thomas pointed out.

"He better, otherwise I’m gonna have to hurt him." My phone vibrated again.

I have all week to study. Come on, I couldn’t see you at all yesterday or the day before or the day before because of my taekwondo class, I miss you.

I sighed. He had a point.

"Are you giving in?" Caleb asked.

"Well, he does have a point. We haven’t really been able to hang out very much lately because he’s been having tests in his taekwondo class. I guess missing one day of studying won’t hurt..." I said, texting him back.

*sigh* fine. You can come. But the rest of this week you’re staying for all your study halls.

"Oh. Skylar gave in. That’s pretty rare." Thomas said, smirking.

"Only for Jeremiah." Caleb added on.

I looked at them, glaring at them, smiling. "Shut up. You’d do the same thing if you couldn’t see Kristen or Halee everyday." I said.

"I guess, I guess." Caleb said, getting up to throw his empty container away.

Another text arrived.

Yay! I’ll call my mom and call you for a short time before we have to get to class.

I smiled and got up to throw my garbage away.

Okay, I’ll be waiting <3

I flipped my phone down and pushed it in my pocket, going to find the other 4.

"Hey Skylar!" I heard someone call to me.

I turned toward the voice, seeing Candace walking towards me.

"Hey Candace! What’s up?"

"Are you going to prom?" She asked.

"Yup, I just bought my tickets. Are you?"

She nodded. "Are you bringing Jeremiah?"

"Of course, I would never bring anyone else."

"Oh, duh, how stupid to ask that." She said, laughing, turning red.

I laughed, too. "It’s okay. How about you? Are you bringing anyone?"

She nodded again. "He doesn’t go here, though. He goes to my sisters’ school. I met him at one of her soccer games and he asked me if I’d wanna go to prom with him, and I said yes."

"Well that’s exciting." I said, smiling. My phone started ringing in my pocket. "Oh, sorry, I have to take this. Talk to you later, Candace!" I pulled out my phone. "Hello, love."

"Hey, it’s soooo good to hear your voice. It seems like ages." He said.

"I know, I’m sorry, but I didn’t want to call you while you were busy." I said.

"I would’ve taken the call even if I was busy." He said.

I smiled. "Oh, oh. Guess what?"

"What, Sky?" He asked. I could hear the smile in his voice.

"I bought our prom tickets today." I said, dancing around a little.

"Really? That’s so exciting! We can fill out the guest form and everything while I’m there, too."

"This prom is going to be amazing. And the prom after that, and after that..." I said, daydreaming.

"We should pick out outfits tonight." He said, sounding excited over that idea.

"Ohmygod yes! I was thinking the same thing." I said, then I heard the five minute bell ring. "Alright, well I gotta get to class. I’ll see you in an hour, okay?"

"Alright, I love you, hon."

"Love you, too. Bye!"

I closed my phone, ran to my locker, and ran to class so I still had time to talk to Caleb and Thomas before the next grueling math lesson.

"Jeremiah coming today?" Caleb asked.

"Yeah.." I said, trying to hide how ecstatic I am about it. I haven’t been able to talk to him all this week except for the occasional text saying "I love you" or "I miss you".

"Skylar, you can freak out. We won’t get mad at you." Thomas said.

"Can I hug you, Caleb, even if I might possibly crack or break your back from excitement?" I asked quietly.

He laughed, standing up. "Sure."

I stood up, too, and flew into his arms, squeezing him tightly. "I am so excited!"

"Skylar, I can’t breathe.." Caleb said, slightly gasping for air.

I let go of him and sat back down as the bell rang. "Thanks for that."

"Anytime." He said, right before the lecture began.

This time I did fall asleep during class, and no one poked me until he called my name to go down to the office to retrieve Jeremiah.

I groaned and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. "Alright, I’m going, I’m going." I slowly got out of my desk and walked towards the office. I started waking up a little more as I got closer to the office and the realization that I was seeing Jeremiah for the first time in almost a week washed over me. I automatically checked my hair before I got any closer to the office.

I saw him standing outside the office waiting for me. A big smile formed on his face when he saw me, and I’m sure I looked the same. I ran the rest of the way and ran into his arms. "Oh my god!"

Jeremiah said nothing, just stood there, holding me in his arms tightly, and I was completely fine with that.

"I missed you so much." He said softly.

"I missed you, too. It feels so good to be in your arms again."

"I don’t think we can be separated for that long ever again." He said into my shoulder.

I laughed. "I don’t think so either. So you can come over after school today, right? No taekwondo?"

He looked at me. "Yup, I’m coming over."

I hugged him tighter. "I’m so happy."

He pulled me away slightly, just enough so he could kiss me. It felt so good to have his lips against mine. When we pulled apart, we were both smiling.

"Shall we get to class? Or shall we wait?" I asked quietly.

Jeremiah kissed my forehead. "We should probably get to class. I don’t want you missing out on your education, either." He said, unwrapping his arms and grabbing my hand.

I sighed. "Alright, alright, but I’d much rather educate myself on you rather than any of those stupid academic subjects." I said, giving him what I thought was a seductive look.

He laughed quietly, giving me a seductive stare right back. "Sky, please. You know I wanna, and you know I would if Beau and Jared wouldn’t be pissed at me or you. Lets just go to class, okay? We can goof off in art."

I smiled. "Fiiiiiine." He was right, though. Ever since Jeremiah’s been visiting me, Mrs. Pro basically lets us get away with anything, and since we’re allowed to have iPods in class, no one pays attention to us.

"It’s not that long, so stop whining." Jeremiah said playfully.

"Everything lasts longer when I’m not with you, so this week’s just been a drag."

"I’m sorry, babe, I promise it won’t happen again, at least until I have another week of testing to get to my next belt, which won’t be for a while." Jeremiah said, hugging me into him as we went to my locker. The bell rang right as I opened the door.

"Oh, and just beware, some of the girls in next hour have become like, ‘fangirl-ish’, you could say, over you. They think you’re the cutest thing since puppies, and you totally are, I’m not gonna lie, but just to warn you." I said, bending down to my bottom shelf to grab a book.

"Well they already know I’m taken, so they can only dream." Jeremiah said, sliding his hand in my butt pocket, as he usually did. I smiled and shook my head, standing up and closing my locker, turning to face Jeremiah, sneaking a kiss before we went to class. I stuck my hand in his butt pocket as well, and he smirked at me. We walked into class and some of the girls started giggling. I looked at him and started laughing to myself as he blushed out of flattery.

"Hehe, Jeremiah’s embarrassed." I said mockingly, sliding my hand out of his butt pocket, but not before squeezing his butt a little. He let out a little mini squeak and jumped in surprise. I giggled; his little squeaks were adorable.

"You so did that on purpose." Jeremiah said, sitting down in the desk in front of me.

"I think it’s cute when you make that noise." I said, smiling.

He laughed and shook his head as the bell rang and the teacher started talking. Jeremiah learned to bring other stuff to do while he was with me in class, since I did actually have to learn what the teacher was talking about.

Even though we didn’t talk almost the whole period, the class went by so much faster than it has been the past week. Sooner than I thought was possible, we were heading to art.

"I think you need more supplies for this project." Jeremiah said, sounding sneaky.

"Like what?" I asked, curious.

"Liiike something that isn’t out here but rather in the supply room, and you’re gonna need an extra person there to help you, extra person being me." He asked, running his finger up my leg.

I laughed and wiggled away from him. "Are you suggesting something?"

"Psh, no, I’m just doing this for my own entertainment." Jeremiah said sarcastically.

I laughed and dragged him into the supply room, shutting the door. Before I shut the door I heard Mrs. Pro tell us not to break or damage anything. I smiled and pushed him up against the wall, going at him full force, and Jeremiah gladly returned the favor. I heard a few of the bottles of paint fall, but I didn’t bother with them now. Mrs. Pro probably didn’t even hear them fall.

After about ten minutes of pure amazingness, we came out of the supply room and sat down at our table, acting like nothing happened. After that, Jeremiah actually let me work on my project while he was randomly doodling on scrap paper. I turned it in toward the end of class and cleaned up the table.

"This looks awesome, Skylar. Can this go in the display case at the front of the school?" Mrs. Pro asked me when she got to grading my project.

"Sure, whatever you wanna do with it, Mrs. Pro." I said, sitting at the table, waiting for class to be over. "You’re really getting into those doodles, aren’t you, Jeremiah?"

"Shush, I’m concentrating." He said, not looking up from his paper.

"What would happen if I screwed you up? Huh? Huh? Whaaat if I did this?" I tickled his stomach.

"Ah!!" He jumped and got a huge mark in the middle of his paper. "Hey! That was not cool!" He got off his stool and started tickling me fiercely. I broke out into hysterical laughter and tried wiggling away from him, but it didn’t work. He pinned me on the ground and continued the tickle torture.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, stooooop! I’m gonna piss myself!" I said, kicking and screaming, trying to roll away.

"This is what you get for screwing up my drawing!" He said, laughing almost as hard as I was.

"Okay, okay, I’m sorry, I won’t do it again. I promise." I said, breathing after every word.

He stopped tickling me, but was still laughing really hard. "I can’t believe we just did that in the middle of class."

I laughed and got up, helping Jeremiah up as well. "Well we did, and it killed some time, and I’m okay with that."

He fell into me, wrapping his arms around me tightly. "Sky, I need you to promise me something."

"Anything." I said, confused as to what he was making me promise.

"Never ever leave me. No matter what." He said into my shoulder.

"Awww, Jeremiah, of course I’ll never leave you!" I said, hugging him tighter.

"I don’t know what I’d do without you." He said quietly.

"Now that you’re mine, I don’t know what I’d do either. I’m so in love with you that I don’t think I would ever be the same without you."

Jeremiah leaned away from me and kissed me. We ignored Mrs. Pro’s instructions to stop, not stopping til the bell rang. We pulled apart slowly and I grabbed my stuff off the table. "See ya, Mrs. Pro."

"See you guys." She said, slight disapproval in her voice. I shook it off and walked hand-in-hand with Jeremiah down the hall to my locker.