You're Hiding All the Right Things

You're Hiding All The Right Things Ch. 5

We found an awesome spot close to the back by a tree where we had the perfect view. We leaned against the tree and surprisingly, the branches and leaves weren’t in the way. The moonlight barely showed through the leaves.

"Aw shit, I have to find a bathroom. Thomas, come with me so I don’t get totally lost." Caleb said, getting up, doing a little potty dance.

I laughed. "Don’t piss yourself now."

The two of them left and it was just me and Jeremiah. This is what I’ve been waiting for all day. We looked at each other and smiled.

"It really is a gorgeous night outside tonight." He said, looking up at the sky through the leaves.

"Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It’s gonna be even prettier when the fireworks start going off."

"Definitely." Jeremiah agreed and, almost as if on cue, the big booms started. We were far enough away to where it wasn’t very loud, which was good.

While we were both watching the fireworks in the sky, Jeremiah’s hand in mine, he took his other hand and tilted my face towards his. I jumped a little at the sudden touch, but automatically relaxed.

"You know, you’re eyes are really amazing with all this light." He said quietly.

I smiled and felt my cheeks get warm. "I know this is really cheesy, but you’re amazing with or without all this light."

He smiled and leaned in closer. Our lips collided and it felt so amazing. The moment I’ve been waiting for, the moment I’ve dreamed of is finally coming true.

We parted, both smiling.

"Be mine." He whispered, his breath colliding with my lips.

I took his cheek gently. "Of course. I’ve been waiting for this moment for what seems like forever, and now that it’s coming true it just feels...right."

He kissed me again. I scooted closer to him and wrapped my arms around him.

"I’ve been waiting for this, too." He said. "You should’ve said something."

"I didn’t know."

"I guess that makes two of us." He said, running his fingers through my hair.

"I’m glad we both figured it out, though." I said, putting my legs over his, practically on his lap.

He pulled me up the rest of the way. "You’re perfect."

"Pff, how can you be so sure?"

"I know perfection when I see it. There are few that meet those standards, and I’m so happy to have one of them."

I blushed and rested my head on his chest, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Is it too early to say I love you?"

He wrapped his arms around my waist, kissing the side of my head. "No, I don’t think so."

"I love you." I said, squeezing him ever so closer to me.

"I love you, too."

I couldn’t stop smiling as we watched the rest of the fireworks.

"Hey, what did we all miss...?" Caleb asked, slowing down his question when he saw us.

I looked up at him. "What?"

"That’s adorable." Thomas said, smiling.

"Absolutely." Caleb agreed.

I hid my face in Jeremiah’s chest, feeling embarrassed because Caleb and Thomas practically walked in on our little romantic moment, and because he called us adorable. I guess I’m gonna have to get used to that, though.

Jeremiah laughed and hugged me tighter to him. "You’re biting your lip again."

"Like, I knew they would be cute together, but this makes me wanna giggle like a chick." Caleb said.

I looked at Jeremiah and then Caleb, hitting both of them. "Shut up!"

"Hey!" They said in unison.

It started getting too loud to talk normally since the finale was starting. All four of us looked back up at the sky, and it was amazing. I could tell that Jeremiah was looking at my eyes instead of the sky, and I was okay with that. He could stare at me all he wanted, well, until I started feeling stalked, then I would get a little creeped out.

Once the fireworks were done and everyone was leaving, I saw a bunch of people from my school give Jeremiah and I dirty looks, and some others giggle at us, and others just smile and wave nonchalantly.

"I guess seeing all those people from my school wasn’t as brutal as I thought it would be." I said, walking with my hand around Jeremiah’s waist, holding him close.

"I told you it would be fine." He said, smiling, then the mood got kinda serious. "I think you should tell Beau and Jared tonight, because I don’t think I’d be able to act like ‘just friends’ around you anymore. It’s just not possible."

I sighed. "I’ll tell them tomorrow. They’re either sleeping or not home now."

"We can tell them together tomorrow morning." He said.

"Why morning?" I asked, confused.

"I just invited myself to sleep over again." He smiled.

"I like that idea." I said, kissing him.

"Oh, please, keep it PG up in here, please. Leave the physical stuff to you two and you two only." Thomas said from behind us.

I laughed and looked behind us. "Sorry, I forgot you two were following. You’re so quiet."

"Sorry if we wanna leave you two be."

"Then why don’t you guys do that, you know, leave us be? I mean, I don’t mean to sound like a total jackass or anything, but you get what I’m saying, right?" Jeremiah said.

"Yeah, we get it. We should chill again tomorrow, today was fun." Caleb said. I let go of Jeremiah for a second, the side that was against him getting cold from the slight wind and loss of body heat. I hugged him and Thomas. "Yeah, that would be cool. You down for that, Jeremiah?"

"Whatever you wanna do, Sky." He said, smiling.

"Alright, sweet. So I’ll call you or something and we can chill somewhere. See you guys." I waved, taking my place tight against Jeremiah, and we parted our separate ways.

"I know it’s waaaay too early to judge or anything, but you’d never go with Caleb or Thomas behind my back, would you?" He asked quietly, sounding slightly embarrassed to be asking.

"Of course not. Now that I think about it, that would be icky. They’re like my brothers, I’d never love them like that."

He giggled and kissed me on the cheek. "Icky, huh?"

"Shut up, don’t hate on my choice of words."

"I’m not, you’re probably the only grown person that can pull off saying it, though." He squeezed my side slightly.

I smiled and looked at the ground, our steps in sync with each other. We got to my house and Beau’s car was gone. "See? I told you that they wouldn’t be home."

"I never doubted you."

I unlocked the front door, opening it, letting Jeremiah in first. "Oh wait, don’t you need to grab an extra change of clothes for tomorrow?"

"Nah, I’ll be fine. We can just go to my house tomorrow before Caleb and Thomas come over." He said, pulling me in the house.

"Oh, okay, that works, too." I said, following his actions. He lead me to the couch, where we both sat.

"Hey, do your parents know you’re gay?" I asked.

"Hell yeah." He said.

"Do you have any past boyfriends that I need to worry about?" I asked, feeling that it was my turn to drill him with questions about cheating.

Before he answered he kissed me, this time with a lot more passion than at the park, and I was totally okay with that.

Jeremiah jumped on my lap, straddling me, smirking, looking, for the first time I’ve ever seen him, totally sexy.

I brought him down to kiss me again, feeling adventurous and deciding to explore his chest, wanting to do more, obviously, but I didn’t want to move too fast. It felt amazing under his shirt, nice and defined, but not too muscly.

I pulled away from him for a second. "I think you’re the one who’s perfect, not me." I said, slightly breathless.

He laughed a little, kissing me again. "I’m pretty sure you’re the most amazing person ever."

"And I’m pretty sure I could say the same thing about you."

I saw headlights turn into the driveway and bass coming from the car.

"Oh crap, Beau and Jared are home." I said, my voice down to a whisper for some reason. I kissed him one last time before lifting him off of me and fixing my hair, Jeremiah doing the same, and making sure our clothes looked normal. We sat like we were last night, and I grabbed the remote, turning on the TV.

"Hey, I wasn’t expecting to see you guys so early." Beau said, throwing the keys on the table.

"We left after the fireworks; we’re both kinda tired." I explained, feeling anything but tired.

"And I know you probably don’t mind, but I was gonna spend the night again?" Jeremiah asked.

"Of course, go right ahead. Skylar, we need to talk to you." Jared said.

"Oh, okay. I’ll be right back." I said, getting up from the couch, going into the kitchen, standing in front of Beau and Jared. "What’s up?"

They looked at each other and sighed. "Sky...I know...I have a feeling...we have a feeling, that you’ve been lying to us." Beau started.

"About what?" I asked slowly.

"About being straight."