You're Hiding All the Right Things

You're Hiding All The Right Things Ch. 6

I looked at the floor, biting my lip ring before I could stop myself. "I was gonna tell you guys.." I said in a small voice.

"Did you think we wouldn’t love you as much?" Jared asked, putting his arm around me.

"Of course not, I knew you guys would accept me. It’s just...you know, the feeling of telling your parents something like that, just the general feeling, ya know?"

"Yeah, we know, and we’re not mad at you for not telling us, but we wish that you would’ve told us sooner. How long?" Beau asked, putting his arm around the other side of me.

"I don’t know exactly, but a while." I said, shrugging.

"And how long have you had your eyes on Jeremiah?" Jared asked, elbowing me, smiling.

I smiled, blushing. "You guys are so embarrassing."

"You didn’t answer my question."

I sighed. "Ever since he moved in last year."...

"There’s nothing to do today." I complained, looking out the window to the front yard, seeing cars pass.

"We’re gonna have new neighbors coming in this afternoon, you can go see if they have anyone your age to befriend." Beau offered.

"But that’s this afternoon." I said nonchalantly.

"Stop complaining, honestly. Go play cards, play your PS3, there’s plenty of stuff to do."

I saw a moving truck coming down the street, slowing down as it got closer to our house. There was a car following it. The car went into the driveway, soon after the moving truck backed in. Three people emerged from the car.

I had to keep from staring with my mouth open. The guy in the car, who looked to be my age or maybe a year older, was the most amazing guy I’ve ever seen. He had dark, chocolate brown hair, long in his face, short and spiky on top, with deep brown puppy eyes and a face to match it.

"Oh, would you look at that. They’re here early. Mmm, and their son is a cutie." Jared said, looking out the window with me.

"Pff, whatever." I said, even though I totally wanted to agree.

"I think you should introduce yourself." Jared said, pushing me off the couch.

"I think I should let them get unpacked and settled in first. I’m not gonna be annoying and get in their way like the neighbors that bring over cookies or brownies when they first get there."

He laughed. "Okay, okay, you have a point. Go over there whenever."...

"Awww, Sky." I heard Jeremiah say behind me.

I turned to look at him, slightly surprised.

"You liked me for that long?" He asked in a small voice, holding his arms out for a hug. I gladly went into said hug. I nodded into his shoulder.

"And it took me this long to notice." He said.

"If you did notice, I doubt the relationship would be as strong as it is now, since we built it off of friendship." I pointed out.

"Mm." He smiled into my shoulder. "And for that I’m glad."

"So you have more than your eyes on him now.." Jared said.

"What did I say about you being embarrassing!?" I said, laughing.

"Well it’s true. Look at us." Jeremiah said.

"Yeah, I know." I said, giving in.

"So since when?" Beau asked, leaning on the counter.

"Tonight." We said in unison, parting from our hug, now holding hands.

"You know, they remind me a lot of us." Jared said to Beau.

"Don’t they, though?" He agreed.

"Well," I said, yawning. "I’m tired, so I think I’m gonna go to bed. You coming, Jeremiah?"

"Of course." He said, kissing me. In front of Beau and Jared. I turned into a ripe cherry tomato. We parted and he was smiling. "I like kissing you, Sky. The lip ring is fun." He said, lightly knocking into me with his side, looking at me with slight puppy eyes and the most adorable face.

"Alright, night, guys. See you two in the morning. Don’t stay up too late." Beau said.

"Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do." Jared shouted from the kitchen.

"But you basically do anything.." I heard Beau protest. And that’s when I stopped listening. Whenever they started talking like that I knew it was gonna get frisky.

When my door was closed, we both laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling.

"You never answered my question earlier." I said.

"What is that?" He asked, looking at me.

"Are there any past boyfriends that I need to worry about?"

"Nope, they’re all back where I used to live." He answered in a happy tone.

I smiled and kissed him. "That’s good. And by all you mean...?"

He laughed. "You’re so cute. All as in two."

I kissed him again, a little more passion than the last one. "Good."

"Have you thought about getting your other snakebite done?" Jeremiah asked.

"Not particularly, why?"

"‘Cause I think it’d look totally sexy on you." He said, smirking.

"Well then I might just have to think about it."

He kissed me, more passionate than mine. "Good."

"Hey, you can’t steal my moves." I said, sitting up.

"Well," He said, pushing me back down, now hovering over me. "I just did." He came down for another kiss, my hands on both sides of his face. He wrapped his arms around me, sneaking his hands under my shirt. I sat up, Jeremiah following, then slipping off my shirt. I followed suit and soon Jeremiah’s shirt was on the floor, too. His body was even more amazing with the shirt off.

Jeremiah pulled away, both of us breathing heavily. "I think this is far enough for tonight." He whispered.

I sighed, kissing him again. "I guess."

He pressed me right up against him and kissed me. "I can tell you’re going to be amazing, though."

"You already are amazing." I said, falling back onto the bed, Jeremiah following, landing next to me.

"Do you wanna go to sleep?" He asked, stroking my chest with his finger, looking at me with those big brown eyes.

I yawned. "A little, yeah."

"Alright." He said, smiling, sitting up, kissing me once more before getting off the bed.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"I’m just gonna be on the floor, don’t worry. I’m gonna be right here." He laid down next to my bed.

"Wouldn’t you be more comfortable up here though?"

He laughed. "Yes, absolutely, but I don’t want Beau and Jared thinking that we did anything too serious."

I sighed, letting my head hit my pillow, covering myself in my blankets, even though I was slightly sweating. "Jeremiah." I said.

"What?"

"I can’t stop smiling."

"Mm, me neither. I love you." He said quietly.

"I love you, too. Night." I said. I swear I was still smiling when I fell asleep.

I woke up to my ring tone coming from my bedside table. I opened my eyes half way and reached for my phone to look at who was calling. I saw Karli’s name come up on the screen. I silenced the call and put my face into my pillow, not wanting to wake up yet.

"Who was it?" Jeremiah asked in a groggy voice.

"Karli. I ignored it. Go back to sleep." I said into my pillow.

I heard him move on the floor and felt a slight pressure near the edge of my bed. I looked up and saw Jeremiah looking at me with his chin on the bed, giving me tired puppy eyes.

"Can I come up there? The floor is pretty uncomfortable now." He asked in a small voice.

I looked at him through my hair and smiled. "Of course." I scooted over and he crawled in next to me, sharing my pillow, which was a body pillow that spanned the whole top of my bed, and kissed me softly. "Thanks."

I smiled and kissed him back. "Did you really think I would deny you?"

"No, I guess you wouldn’t. Night again." He said, kissing me one last time.

"Night." I flipped over to face the wall. I have a problem with people being close to my face while I’m sleeping. It always makes me feel self-conscious because I don’t wanna breathe in their face and find out that I have like, morning breath or something.

I felt Jeremiah’s hands wrap around my hips, then he scooted right up against me. He snuggled with me and I smiled. I fell asleep almost instantly; knowing that I was in Jeremiah’s arms was really comforting.

My phone rang again what felt like 5 minutes later.

"Ugh." I reached up, trying my best not to disturb Jeremiah. Like I suspected, it was Karli. I decided to answer it, since she wasn’t gonna stop calling until I talked to her.

I sat up, now waking up Jeremiah.

"Sorry, I gotta answer her this time." I said, kissing him before answering. "What do you want, Karli? I was kinda sleeping."

I heard her sniffle a little bit. "Skylar, I want you back. I can’t stand the fact of not being able to talk to you without it turning into an argument."

I sighed, putting my head in my free hand. It always made me feel bad when she cried, or when anyone cried for that matter. "Karli, no. It’s not gonna happen. I already have someone else, and I’m much happier with him than I ever was with you." I felt Jeremiah sit up and start rubbing my back, leaning up against me. I looked at him and smiled.

"You’re such a fucking asshole, you know that?" She said, the tears cleared. Now she was just being a bitch.

I heard a slight gasp come from Jeremiah. He looked pissed. Without any warning, Jeremiah took the phone away from me and got off the bed so I couldn’t take it back right away. He must’ve heard what she said about me.

"What the fuck did you just say about Skylar? ..no, I’m not gonna give him the phone back. I heard what you called him and I do not appreciate it. He doesn’t deserve to be called that, he didn’t do anything wrong. He was just following his heart and doing what was right for him, he didn’t have to do anything to please you, that’s not is job in life, nor does he want it to be. I know I wouldn’t want it to be..." Jeremiah ranted. He laughed half heartedly. "He was never in love with you. He may have loved you as a person, but he never fell for you. Like you said yesterday, it’s obvious that he’s not into girls, so why are you even trying again?...Yes, actually, he is in love with me. And I am with him, deeply. So you should probably stop calling and ruining our day..." He just stood there with his mouth open, hand on his hip. "How dare you even say something like that? You don’t even know me, and you barely scratched the surface with Sky, and you know absolutely nothing about this relationship. Who really gives a shit how long we’ve been, legitimately ‘going out’, if we love each other the same day we got together, then so be it. It’s obviously going to be something that lasts... I know more about him than you will ever know. You shouldn’t even start talking shit about me since you’ve only, technically, met me once, and that was yesterday, and the only thing you really know is that I was holding Skylar’s hand and that I’m his boyfriend. Nothing else. So keep your fucking mouth closed and don’t call this number again, otherwise there will be consequences, and don’t think I won’t, sweetie." He ended the conversation on an acidic note and threw my phone on the bed, his face red and flustered.