A Summer Melody

I Am a Wedding Disaster

Image

I felt awkward when I walked into the enormous hall. I guess everyone had arrived but me. I had had a very important meeting that I couldn’t miss; instead I missed the first hour of my sister’s wedding party. Everyone was sat down and stuffing themselves with food. It looked cozy and if it wasn’t because I had to bet here I wouldn’t have interrupted them. There were loads of people, a lot more than I had expected and I felt so uncomfortable because of my delay. I felt like all my clothes had blown off and I was standing naked in front of everyone.

“Celina I am so sorry. They held me up for longer than I had expected.” I said when I reached my sister at the table. “I know I really shouldn’t have gone to the meeting, because you’re only getting married once.” I looked at her with an apologizing look. “I hope.” I added.

“It’s okay Sums. I know how important it was and how did it go?” She smiled at me with a happy big smile. I had never seen her shine as much as she was shining. It was clearly to see that she felt like the happiest woman alive.

“I got a promotion.” I beamed. “I got two pages in the magazine. I’m still going to be writing about fashion and I will be able to travel and do interviews. I can write about everything from earth to heaven as long as it’s about fashion.” I said excitedly. I had been really surprised when they told me I got two pages in the magazine. They meant that I had potential and I was good at improvising. “And I can choose the name of the pages myself. I’m thinking about Summer’s Journey Through Fashion.”

“That’s so great. I’m so happy for you. Congratulations. You really do deserve it.” She said excitedly. She got up from her chair and pulled me into a hug. I could see in her eyes, that she was really proud of her little sister. “And the name is fantastic and you look fantastic. That dress is fantastic.” She added. “Your seat is next to Aunt Kathy and I will have someone bring you your food.” She smiled and I walked to my chair next to Aunt Kathy. A waiter bought me some food and I began eating. Most of the people were finished eaten. I felt a bit like a loner, sitting at a wedding and eating alone. It shouldn’t be possible since you were around a lot of people. While I was eating people began to stand up and hold their speeches. I had planned to say something. I slightly hit my knife against my red wine glass and it was supposed to make a ‘ding-ding’-noise, but instead the glass broke. Everyone went quiet. I stood up from my chair and looked up and down the table. It was a really long table with a lot of humans and they were all having their attention to me. For the first time in my life I felt mute and I felt like a needed a shot of Tequila. I was a wedding disaster.

“Okay…” I said nervously. I hadn’t written anything down, because I didn’t think I would need to. I was normally full of words. “I think I need a shot of Tequila before I begin or maybe you will be the one needing one.” I laughed faintly. “Erh, to the ones who don’t know me, I’m Celina’s sister Summer and I want to make a toast to Celina and Cillian, because they are perfect together, but first I want to say a few words.” I took a deep breath and looked at Celina and Cillian only. It really didn’t help me to concentrate if I looked at everyone else. “Okay, I remember when you brought Cillian home for the first time and told us he was your boyfriend at first I was happy for you, but as soon as I discovered this was for real my hate began to grow on Cillian. I was mad when he was going on holiday with us and I was even angrier when you moved in with him, because he was stealing you away from me. It made me scared not to have you around.” I looked at Celina she was smiling and I could even see a few tears in her eyes. It was just a matter of time before they would roll down her cheek and make me cry. “But after five years I have discovered that he’s just a part of you. He is a part of you I had to get used to.” A few tears rolled down my cheek. I just realized for real I had to share my sister with someone and that he would be stealing her the most of the time. She wouldn’t be there for me like she used to. “A toast to Celina and Cillian would be in its place.” I said and raised my glass with water, since I broke the other one. “And sorry for breaking the glass.” I walked over to Celina and Cillian and gave them both a huge hug and said my congratulations.
The night went one with more speeches even from people I didn’t even know. I would never have crossed my mind that Celina had more friends than me, but she defeated me. I had got a new wine glass and was pouring wine down my throat as if I was at a party in town.
I looked at the end of the table. A small group of young men were sitting there. I wanted to walk past them and make sure they could smell my fragrance of Lola by Marc Jacobs. I decided to walk past them on my way to the toilet. I wanted to seduce them with the flirtingly scent. I walked lightly and swayed with my hips my way over to them. My eyes got held up by a man in a black suit, white shirt and a black tie. He looked at me and it felt like the time turned into slow-motion. I licked my upper lip and bit my lower lip seductively while giving him a flirting look with me eyes. When I was past them I smiled to myself and swung my hair over my shoulder.
When I got out from the toilet he was standing there leaning up to the wall.

“Hey.” He said and made a move closer to me. “I’m Jackson.” He pulled his hand out for me to shake it.

“Hey, I’m Summer.” I shook his hand carefully and smiled. When I looked at him, it was like when I looked at a pair of beautiful shoes. My stomach would flutter and I would have to have them. I had to have him!
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope someone will show a bit interest or I'll probably stop writing. :S