Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

Rosalie's Hatred

I was over at my family's place where everyone decided on calling the other vampires for help again. Tanya and her coven are on their way and more would come.

"Five people drained out of their bodies," Carlisle did a count as he massaged his temples.

"Make that six," Daddy came into the living room with Emmett as they took a seat on the couch. "He's taking things too far."

"You know we cannot strike now. With the six bodies, he's probably stronger than any one of us combined. We have to wait for the others to arrive."

We sat there in silence for a few minutes before Jacob, who was sitting next to me asked, "What about the Volturi?"

At the mention of the royal coven, everyone's head turned to Jacob.

"What about them?" Alice asked.

Jacob sat up straight. "I remember you telling me that if the vampires take more bodies than they are supposed to, the Volturi will act."

When everyone seemed to be delighted, Alice, Daddy and Carlisle doesn't seem to be buying it. Daddy turned to look at Alice.

"Do you see them making their way over here?" his lips was thin.

Alice sat still for a few seconds and stared into space before she shook her head. "They don't seem to be distracted by what's happening down here."

Carlisle took a deep breath as he turned to look at Alice. "Am I supposed to conclude that they wouldn't come to settle this situation?"

When Alice gave a curt nod, everyone sighed in silence.

"Is there no other way for him to leave?" Esme questioned.

"Other than taking Renesmee with him? I don't think so," Rosalie said with sarcasm.

I watched as Emmett nudged her arm and Daddy glaring at Rosalie with anger.

"What is that supposed to mean, Rosalie?" he dared her.

"If you didn't marry Bella, none of this would happen," Rosalie stood up and glared back at him. "No one will even take notice of us. We wouldn't be caught in messes like this."

"She's your niece!" Daddy was about to lose it.

"NO!" Rosalie screamed. "No Edward. We're not related by blood. She's not my niece."

As soon as she said that, someone gave her a tight slap across her cheeks. Carlisle was in front of her, his body language showed signs of anger.

Rosalie had her hand on her cheek as she stared at Carlisle in shock. Even Emmett seemed taken aback with Carlisle's sudden attack.

"You have no right to say that," Carlisle's voice sounded normal even though his body was betraying him.

"I gave you my blood when I changed you and everyone else in this family. Even though you're not related by blood in your past life, you are related in this life with my blood. How can you think of your relationship with this family that way?"

"Then I quit this family!" Rosalie hissed as she turned and stomped out of the house. Emmett stood up and looked at Carlisle with an apologetic look.

"I'll try and talk some sense into her. We'll be back as soon as we can," Emmett whispered before he turned and ran after Rosalie.

I felt someone wrapped his arms around me and I buried my face in his chest, telling myself not to cry over what Rosalie had said.

Now I knew why she hated me - she has showed me her caring side when I was a baby. But things became different after Mom died. She ignored my presence in the house. In fact, she ignored my existence to this world.

"He's taken another life again," Alice finally broke the silence.

I kept my face hidden with Jacob's chest and didn't look up at them but I knew everyone was looking at me.

"One soul I take would be on you," Damon's voice rang in my head.

I could feel Daddy's body become tensed and I felt someone pulled me away from Jacob's comforting body. Daddy made me look at him.

"Did you leave Jacob's house to meet him?" he demanded.

I didn't look at him in the eyes and I tried my best to block my memory of meeting Damon so Daddy couldn't invade my thoughts.

"Damn it, Renesmee!" Daddy pulled away and paced around the room. "I thought you being in Jacob's house would be safer but I was wrong. Did you even think of us when you left the house?"

I don't want anyone to get hurt because of me, I thought as I forced myself not to cry.

Daddy stopped pacing around and looked at me, sadness in his eyes. Slowly, he walked up to me and kissed the top of my head.

"Don't you even dare think that you're a burden to this family! Don't you ever think that way!" he scolded me but his voice was full of pain.

"I think we should go," Jacob spoke as he stood up and took my hand.

Daddy looked at my boyfriend but without arguing for once, he nodded his head and kissed my forehead. "I'll see you later, sweetheart."

I didn't turn to say bye to the others. I simply walked out of the house with Jacob towards his Rabbit. As soon as he started driving his car, Jacob decided to speak.

"You should've told me you wanted to go find him. I could've gone with you."

I turned to look up at him but he didn't look back. He kept his eyes on the road. I reached out and caressed his hand. Instead, he pulled away and stopped driving the car.

"Did you even think how I would feel if he killed you on the spot?" Jacob turned to glare at me with anger. "Do you know how much it would hurt me if you were gone?"

"I'm sorry," I whispered quietly, staring at my feet.

There was silence between us for a couple of minutes and his breathing became even. "Please don't do it again, Nessie. I don't know if I can live without you."

When I turned to look up at him, I saw Damon standing by the trees as he pointed to a watch he was wearing.

"I know," I replied and kissed his lips.

I quickly turned to the front.

But you have to live without me since I've made my decision, I thought sadly and he started to drive his Rabbit again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Phew! Two updates in one day!

Come on people! I posted two chapters just for you! The least you could do is to comment! :D

Thanks to the commenters, once again!