Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

Tease

"Can you believe this crap?" Leo shoved the newspaper down at the diner, shaking his head.

I looked down and read that another ten bodies were found dead just outside of Forks and La Push. It is times like this that I wish I could speak to my family and Jacob.

Leo wouldn't understand. In fact, I know deep inside that he would run as far away from me as he can if he found out the real me.

What my family and I are - how we don't age and all that crap.

"What about it?" I replied nonchalantly.

"The cops still haven't located the bear. It's proposterous," he shook his head, taking a huge bite out of his burger.

"Isn't that your third burger?" I changed the subject and frowned, pointing to the cheeseburger he was holding.

"Fourth," he admitted, taking another bite out. When he saw the way I looked at him, he grinned. "I skipped dinner last night and I'm outrageously hungry!"

"Uh-huh," I shook my head with a smile and shoved one of the fries into my mouth.

"So you never really talked about your family," he finally said and I froze.

"I don't really like talking about them," I answered and continued eating.

"Is Edward your brother or something?"

"Why do you say so?" I laughed nervously, feeling really awkward with his strange questions.

"He kinda looks like you," he simply said with a shrug before he froze. "Whoa, look at those dudes. How old do you think they are?"

I turned around to follow his gaze and saw Jacob and the group coming into the diner with smiles on their faces. I quickly turned away, sliding as low as I could just so they couldn't spot me. I saw Leo looking at me with a puzzled look but I shook my head with a smile.

Why was I hiding from him - or them, for that matter? I did nothing wrong at all!

"Nessie," a voice called out.

I looked to my left and saw Embry with a small smile. I cleared my throat and sat up straight.

"Embry," I replied. "You're here alone?" It was a stupid question, but I was feeling stupid - so it was no big deal.

"No," he answered and pointed. "The boys and I thought of having tea here."

I forced myself to turn and saw that the others were looking at me. There was only one person I wished to see right now - Jacob. He was looking at me before he rolled his eyes and faced the waitress on the other side of the counter. I felt my heart sank.

"You're here with your boyfriend?" Embry was looking over at Leo with a dirty look.

Leo widened his eyes and looked at me before he gave out a nervous chuckle. "Oh no, no, no. Dude, you're mistaken about us -"

"Who wants to know?" I spat turning to glare at Jacob.

"It's just an innocent question Nessie, chill," Embry held his hands out, his eyes wide.

"Great," I faked a smile, stood up and took Leo's hand at the same time. "My friend and I should get going now. You have fun eating!"

I reached out to grab my bag and started out the diner's, not once looking back at Jacob or the boys.

The nerve of him putting sweet Embry out to ask his dirty questions!

"Rough day?" Damon asked looking up at me from the couch he was sitting on.

"I thought you were going to Italy," I made a remark, taking off my blue coat.

"I'm leaving next week," he simply replied.

I noticed how quiet it was in the house and when I looked around, I realized that the 'newborns' weren't here.

"Where're your bitches?" I snapped, taking a seat next to him.

"Ouch. That stings," he commented with his hand on his chest and when I didn't speak, he huffed.

After his 'act' of forgetting what happened the night before between us, I did not expect him to put his arms around my shoulders - but he did just that.

"I sent them away," he answered, his serious voice making my heart stop for a second.

The silence soon after was killing me so I turned to look at him. He didn't look away from me.

Just kept staring....

The sadness in his eyes showing up again...

How I wish I could cut his skin and drain his blood dry. Just thinking about the richness and taste of his blood makes me go high already.

I starting shaking a little without any control over it, my hands almost grabbing for his throat.

I shook my head and stood up. "Let's go hunting," I said, pulling him up.

"Again? But we already drank last night," he argued but I shook my head.

"No, I drank your blood. I'm still hungry," I answered skipping out the room. "You can stay if you want too. I'll go hunt myself."

Before I could reach the front door, Damon was already in front of me.

"Who said I wasn't up for it?" he replied with a mischevious grin.
♠ ♠ ♠
I promised to update as soon as I can!
Please comment!
Thank you everyone who's commented and subscribed!