Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

The Reason Damon Hates Stefan

[Nessie's POV]

The question was followed by the sound of thunder and I gasped at the irony of the situation.

I watched as Damon stood up and walked towards the window to look out at the bright lights in Paris. He took another sip from the bottle and made no effort to turn to me.

"I don't hate him," he answered, his voice so soft. "I despise him."

There was a flash of light from the sky and it was followed by the sound of the thunder. I felt my eyes widen in horror but didn't speak when I saw his facial expression mirrored by the glass of the window.

The white part of his eye was red, the blood under his veins rushing into his eyes and it could be seen. Even his canines were also showing and I knew he was ignoring the hunger that came with it.

"I get it that he killed you but that's not a reason to hate him," I finally spoke but he took it as a bad joke when he laughed a nasty laugh

It just didn't make sense. Why would Damon despise his own brother?

Despise is a huge word.

"I do not blame him for killing me," he was whispering as he looked up to the dark sky when it started to pour heavily.

"I don't - "

"He was always the one who got the attention!" he roared and turned to face me with fury

I flinched from his sudden outburst with wide fearful eyes.

" - The intelligent, loyal, faithful and obedient one. Everyone loved him!"

"So you're jealous?" I asked again as I stood up to take slow careful steps towards the man I used to hate.

"Jealous? Ha!" he thought of it as another bad joke as scoffed at the idea.

"Why would I be jealous? I volunteered myself to the weasel father of mine whenever he had his usual drunken rages! I protected Stefan from his beatings!"

I felt my heart skipped a beat when I hear him mentioned his brother's name for the first time since I met him. He was always calling Stefan 'brother' or such.

"And what did that little betrayer did to repay me for my kindness? He stole Katherine away from me!"

I reached out my hand to his arms and a vision flooded into my mind.

Two small kids in a room. One was laying on the bed, while the other was kneeling on the floor next to the same bed.

The one on the floor had bruises on his face - those were signs of abuse.

They were drawing on a piece of paper with each other.

There was a loud banging of the bedroom door and both boys turned to look at the door with fear in their eyes.

The one who was kneeling turned to look at his brother and whispered to the latter to go to hide in the wardrobe and ignore any noises that were to follow after he leaves the room.

The one on the bed nodded his head obediently as he jumped out of bed and ran into the small wardrobe. The older one of the brothers slowly shut the wardrobe close with a finger placed to his own lips.

"Come out you rascals!" The banging got louder and louder.

His brother nodded his head again and quickly shuts his eyes.

Turning to face the door, the older one took a deep breath before he turned the doorknob, got out of the room and shut the door close behind him.

In front of him stood a big oversized man. He could be in his late twenties with the help of his brown neat hair but a few wrinkles on his face showed his true age - he was definitely in his late thirties.

"Why didn't you answer me when I called for you?" The man smelt like alcohol as he grabbed the boy by the shirt with force.

"I'm sorry, father," the boy apologized but the fear in his eyes had disappeared.

"You're sorry?" The man started shaking the boy vigorosly. "Where is Stefan?"

"I'm afraid he is not home," the boy answered and stared at his father with anger.

"Stop lying to me, boy!" the man threw the boy to the side and started towards the door.

The boy quickly got on his feet and blocked the bigger man from entering the room.

"If you want to take your anger out on someone, take it out on me," the boy said with bravery and without fear.

And he got his wish.


I gasped and pulled back, glancing up at Damon with wide eyes. Either Damon acted as though I didn't see his memory or he was too busy with his speech on how Stefan should've just given up on Katherine.

"But Damon," I interrupted and he turned to me - his face back to normal.

"Do you really want to hate him for the rest of your life? I mean, look at my Aunt Rosalie. She hated my mom to the core of the earth but when my mom died during my childbirth, she was remorseful about it."

"What's it got to do with me?" Damon snapped, obviously annoyed that a ten-year old vampire lecturing him about hate.

"What I'm trying to say is since Katherine's gone, isn't it better for you to make things work?"

"Sounds nice, wifey. But I think I prefer to torture him about Katherine," Damon let out a grin and I narrowed my eyes to him.

"Hate is a bad emotion, Damon. I felt that hate from a family member and it hurts so bad," I looked away when tears forced their way out of me.

I could feel him freeze when he heard me sniff softly.

[Damon's POV]

There was a soft sniff and immediately, I froze in silence as I turned to look at the hybrid. She was staring at the wall at the other side of the room and I felt myself sigh in defeat as I headed towards her.

I hesitated a little when I reached out to rest my hand comfortingly at her shoulder.

Why was I able to feel her pain?

It was the pain that I kept buried inside me when Giuseppe had beaten me to a pulp whenever he was drunk.

I made her turn to face me and lifted her chin gently. She looked at me with wet eyes and I reached out to wipe away her tears, afraid to hurt her.

Don't cry, Nessie, I spoke mentally and shook my head.

More tears rolled down her cheeks.

And then I leaned down to kiss her tears away. From the left cheek to the right and then to her left eye to her right.

Slowly, I made my kisses down to her nose and then to her lips.

She made no effort to push me away. Instead, she was kissing me back, trying to let her tongue into my mouth. I opened my mouth a little and when her tongue was in my mouth, I quickly bit her tongue a little before sucking on the blood that was coming out from the tongue with pleasure.

She pulled away and bit my bottom lips and sucked on it with pleasure.

Do not get yourself in this mess again, Salvatore! , my mind screamed at me.

I do not understand it myself. Why was I kissing her the way I was when I kissed Katherine - when I kissed Elena?

Was I falling for this hybrid?

You are not allowed to fall for her! You are to bring her to Aro!

But I do not want to bring her to Aro.

The next thing I know, we were on the bed, stripping each other.

I opened my eyes with surprise and noticed that I was not wearing at clothes at all. I turned to look at the clothless hybrid and felt myself smile a little.

I have never felt this way before. It wasn't a feeling I've had when I felt for Katharine.

Then I felt myself frown when I thought of Aro.

There was no way I was going to hand her to the evil vampire.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoa-oh! They made love! Anyway, is anyone confused on anything on the story? Put it out in the comment box and I'll try my best to explain! I'm beginning to really love this story. Don't worry. Edward, Jacob and the gang will be on the next chapter - if you comment! ;)

I apologize for the late entry. I've been so busy for the past few weeks and Green Day's concert was awesome! : )

Comments are appreciated!
Special thanks to everyone who's commented.