Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

Live Free Or Let Me Die

The next couple of days felt like hell to me. Daddy wasn't talking to me anymore. Jacob kinda had the cold treatment towards me. I kept going back to the meadow - and thankfully, I've not bumped into Damon since the night at Grandpa's house.

I opened the front door to see the whole family with Jacob in the living room, deep in a conversation.

"We can just turn Charlie," Alice voiced out but earned a glare from Daddy.

"We're not going into this conversation again! We can't just change whoever we please!"

"But this is Charlie we are talking about! I see it in my vision!" Alice protested.

"I'm telling you. We strike when he's out hunting. That way, Charlie would not get hurt," Daddy was shaking his head.

"He's attacked again?" I voiced out and everyone looked at me.

Alice nodded her head as she stood up and walked gracefully towards me. "Nessie has the right to have a say in this."

"Alice -" Daddy's voice sounded like a warning.

Alice held onto my shoulder and she shrieked before staring into space. Jasper was next to her in a blink of an eye, his hand on her shoulders in comfort.

After a few seconds, she started blinking again and she stared at me with a worried expression. I turned to look at Daddy, who was frowning at whatever thoughts he was getting from her.

"What did you see?" I asked and she shook her head, faking a smile.

"He's going to hunt again tonight," she simply said as Daddy stood up.

"It's time to put an end to this," Daddy said, his voice burying some deep secret from Alice's vision.

Since everyone decided to attack immediately, it means that we are going to start catching up with him by running into the woods. I sat on Jacob's wolf form and everyone started dispersing - just so that we could trap Damon.

Within seconds, Jacob stopped right outside the vampires circling Damon who was caught in the middle with another corpse in hand.

His fangs were still showing - which meant that he had just began feeding. I could smell the blood from where I sat and I felt my hunger for human blood grow.

Carlisle spoke up, "If anyone of you could not stand the smell, I think you should leave."

Rosalie, Esme and Jasper were the first to leave. They ran to the back about a few miles away and stood there, in case Damon decided to run.

Emmett, Carlisle, Alice and Daddy surrounded him within a second, preventing him to escape. Why they were risking themselves like that for me, I couldn't understand. I got off Jacob as he ran towards Damon, getting ready to pounce.

I watched in horror as everyone began to attack Damon all at once. Unfortunately for them, Damon seemed to be stronger.

As soon as Alice got on top of him, getting ready to rip his head off, he ran backwards and slammed her tiny body into a tree, causing her to scream in pain as she dropped from his body. I could hear Jasper growling in anger from miles away. When I looked up, Jasper was already halfway towards Damon.

Damon threw Daddy up in the air, scratching the latter in the process as he punched Emmett - who literally flew backwards and hit a tree. Jasper was about to hit Damon from behind, but Damon was too quick when his hand flew backwards to grab Jasper by the throat, and he hissed in anger through his fangs.

When he noticed Carlisle and Jacob about to attack, he threw Jasper towards the both of them, causing all three to fall to the ground.

I could hear Esme and Rosalie hissing and snarling from where they were standing. But I knew they couldn't come due to the corpse whose blood is still fresh.

Damon shook his head as he turned to face everyone who's on the ground now, before he looked up at me with a huge grin.

"I told you, you're no match for me," Damon walked over Jasper but Jasper grabbed hold of him and the fight continues.

"Nessie! Run!" Daddy yelled and I could feel the tears forcing their way out of me.

No, I thought. I couldn't cry now. It would only distract them.

"Nessie!" Jacob's weak voice called out and I looked up. "Run," his breathing was heavy.

Esme and Rosalie was already running towards us, seeing that their other half was in danger of becoming extinct. Slowly, I turned around and started running into the woods. Going to wherever my legs took me.

For a few seconds - I have Daddy's speed - I was about to reach Canada. But I stopped when I thought about my family who was fighting with their lives for me to live.

I dropped to my knees, weeping.

What am I supposed to do? Why aren't you here, Mom?

I shut my eyes and took in the scent of the wind breezing past my face.

"Help them," I could hear a familiar voice say.

I opened my eyes to scan the whole area, feeling my vampire instincts kicking in.

"Help them, Nessie," the wind whispered.

I felt more tears forcing their way out. That voice -

I shook my head, focusing on the present as I turned and ran back towards the fight. I had two choices: To live free or to die with my family.

And I have decided to stick to my second option.

Please be okay, I prayed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for another short update!
The chapter would be really long if I don't cut it, so please comment if you want the next chapter out! :D

-gives cyber cookie to subscribers and commenters for being awesome-