Status: Thank you for reading!

The Beginning of the End

The Cold Front Rolling In

Gerard's Point Of View

Today is Monday and that means I can go back to school! You would think I've gone crazy, wanting to go back to the depths of Hell. Who knew school is a better choice than staying at home? I sure didn't.

My first day back from a week's absence and I'm already late for class. Isn’t that just wonderful? I clasped my textbook tightly against my arm, running to my first period class.

What excuse was I going to use once I stepped in Algebra? Uh...hmm, oh I know! An injured dog on the way to school stopped me. I had to carry it to the animal shelter a few blocks from school to make sure it didn't die. Yeah, perfect excuse!

I opened the door, hoping no one would notice me. "Gerard!" a stern voice said from behind me. I gulped, turning around.

"Yes?" I answered innocently.

Mr. Lance raised his eyebrow at me before shaking his head. "Why is your face not painted?" he asked.

"Huh?" I answered, obviously confused by what he said.

He sighed, shooing me away. I happily walked to my seat next to Lilly. Everyone and I mean everyone's faces were painted blue and gold. Is it school spirit week or something?

I sat down next to Lilly, seeing her face was blue and gold too. She smiled at me, hugging me once I dropped my book on my desk.

"I missed you!" she choired, giving me an extra squeeze before letting go.

My cheeks flushed deeply. I cleared my throat, using my hair to try to cover it up. I looked down at my book. "Uh yeah. I missed you too. Why is everyone blue and gold?"

I dared a peek at her. She slapped her forehead with her hand. "We forgot to tell you! It's us against Lincoln High tonight!"

"For what sport exactly?"

"Football, of course!"

"Lilly, we don't like the football team."

She shook her head. "Of course we don't but we should show some school pride like everyone else."

"Do I have to?" I whined. I really don't want to do this. At the thought of football, I thought of one athlete I hated with a burning passion. Have you guessed yet? If you're thinking Jeff, you win! Yes, I hate him and he deserves to die. I might be going to an extreme but I don't care.

"...Gerard please?" Lilly begged, pouting her lower lip.

Crap, I didn't listen to what she was saying. I nodded my head anyways, so she wouldn't be angry. She smiled, digging in her bag to look for something. She was in there for a while until she pulled out two boxes. One box was blue and the other was gold.

Oh boy.

After school ended, I called mom telling her I was at my school's football game. She agreed for me to go as long as I came home in one piece.

I shook my head, giving Lilly back her phone. She made a face at me before sitting down on her seat. I sat next to her, touching my face. I can't believe she painted my face the school's colors. I shouldn't have said yes. This is going to take ages to wash off!

I was still thinking to myself when the game began. Hordes of people stood up from their chair, screaming at Belleville to win. At some point, so many people ran out to the fences that they pushed me with them. I tried calling Ray to help but he was busy yelling for the other team to 'suck it.' I groaned, watching the game from the fences.

After half time, I walked back up to the bleachers, gasping for breath. It took literally 20 minutes for me to get back up here. All those people were being stubborn idiots and refused to move out of my way.

The first sight I met when I found the aisle all my friends were at was not a pleasant one. Matt had his arm around Lilly's shoulder and her arms hung around his waist. I scoffed, walking away from them.

After the game ended, with Belleville winning by 34 points, I walked home without saying bye to anyone. I didn't want to be around them. Matt betrayed me. How could he touch her like that when he knows I have feelings for her? I don't care that I never told him I like Lilly! He should know I like her! He’s a two-timing bastard!