Solstice

Spring

I still couldn't believe that it was Karina. She was so small. Like Alice Cullen small, and by the way. Vampires don't sparkle. And they are not friendly. They are blood lusting creatures with nothing more then your neck and your blood on a silver platter. Karina stepped into the opening with me. He dark brown almost black hair swirling in the wind. Her wind. In all the years we have trained, 4 to be exact. I have never went up against her. My mind went back to want Rosalyn said. “Since you never get a hit anyway.” I am a late bloomer, I am 16 and still show very small signs of being a Equinox, but what I do show is evidence enough. I readied my stance and brought my hands up in a triangle at my chest. I was going to do the one thing I knew I could do. I focused. I could feel all the energy, the power, the might that flowed within my veins. The crystal substance turning them cold and ridged. The ice plowing through my blood taking over. My hands grew cold, but I was fine the cold couldn't kill me. I saw Karina smile at me. It was a wicked 'I know what your up to smile' but a smile none the less. The power was all over now. The energy radiating from every part of my body. I waited for Maverick to signal us.
“1....2......3......fight!” Karina smiled. Do you remember what I said about speed.

She was on me so fast. I panicked at flung my spell. It was a large icicle. She quickly dodged it, and rolled flinging herself up into the air, and slicing at me with her hands. A normal person would have thought she was retarded. That is until they felt what she was doing. Sharp slashes came at me, cutting at my shirt, exposing my chest. My muscles cringed as blade after blade of wind hit. I was hit again but I rolled under the next blade before it made contact. Those wind blades are hard to see. I thought. I rolled again to the left, as her form still hung in the air ready to slash away at me when she had a chance. I rolled once again, but a stupid log caught my jacket and I flew into the pond. I looked up at Karina. She was smiling again.

She held the same twisted, devious smile as before. Her thin lines contorting her face. If the Wicked Witch of the West had a daughter, it would have been Karina. She balled her hands up, a faint silver glow being cast from them. I knew what she was doing. She smiled at me again.
“Aquivos!” She yelled shooting a small ball at wind at me. Wait not at me, at the pond. I looked on in amazement as the pond swirled, twirled and rose. She was creating a isolated hurricane. And I was standing in the middle of it. Damn. I thought. This sucks. I was being carried up the funnel by the force of the wind, the water droplets hitting and stinging my face. I was getting pulled like a rag doll, trying to focus but I couldn't. Then their faces shot into my head. My mothers. Her beautiful face, accented by her light brown hair. And my fathers. His rough features hiding his gentle nature. They shouldn't be dead. They should be here, with me, with Rose. THEY SHOULD BE HERE! I screamed in my head. I gasped, my body had erupted in light, a blue light that only meant one thing. I had just hit magical puberty. My full powers were in. I could now do everything and more that I was entitled to. I grinned as the rotating funnel brought me to look at Karina through the veil of water. She didn't seem happy.
“EVAPIO!” I boomed, and the hurricane was gone. I was falling back to the ground fast, but I smiled at this. I pointed one arm down at the pond, and concentrated. “Glaplata!” I yelled again. This time a rising pillar of water jutted out of the pond then flattened and froze giving me a landing pad. I landed on my feet, looking up at Karina, then down at Rose and Maverick. “I am not done yet.”

I brought my hands back to my chest in the same triangle. The feeling came a lot faster, more distinct more....powerful. The perks of hitting puberty is that your spells and incantations are stronger. Now I could do the spells Evapio and Glaplata before but nothing to the effect of what happened when I did them now. Also a spell is more powerful if you use its incantation. Like the blades that Karina threw at me. She wasn't saying anything. The icicle I threw at her, I said nothing also. But now I was. I felt the glow come back, the same radiating coldness. The same freezing blood. I loved it. I focused harder, my mind still enveloped by the power. I smiled at her. “Say hello to my little friend.” I waited until my power reached its peak. 1. 2. 3. I thought in my mind. FIRE. “Crystio!” The same large icicle that I shot before had grown in size. It was now the size of a small car, and it was also ready for a hit. I looked at Karina. Her eyes wide with fear, but also wide in excitement. She rolled in the air, dodging it. I smiled at her. “Your going to have to do more then that Karina.” I teased. “Vorshava,” I yelled, the icicle quickly flanking right causing Karina to roll again out of the way.
“Okay, I am done. I quit. Now get your mangy icicle off of my ass!” She boomed from the air, as the icicle continued to follow her.
“Fine. Shatter!” I yelled waving my hand in the air. The icicle shattered falling to the ground in a thousand pieces. I jumped to the ground landing beside Rose and Mav. Karina flew down adjacent from me.
“I am so proud of you.” Rose said, wrapping her arms around me.
“Me too kid.” Maverick said taking his arms around both of us.
“As am I.” Karina said though clinched teeth. I smiled at her.
“Do I need to heal you?” I laughed. “So who is next?” I asked.
“I am.” We turned to look at the familiar voice. Micah.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments/subscriptions = updates