Status: edited

You Can Rough Me Up

Surrounded By Familiar Faces

Yes, on Googlemaps Tempe to Phoenix was in fact 20 minuets, but Nikki just tightened her grip on the wheel, blasted the radio, curled her pink lips up and made it to the club in 10 with massive speeding. When the car finally came to a halting stop all three of us gasped. I shakily fell out of the car at my side Taylor had done the same. We threw our arms around each other.
"We're Alive!" Taylor screamed into my hair clutching at my jacket as she fake sobbed.
Nikki behind us groaned, slamming her door shut with an eye roll I presume. "You guys are so annoying." She said through her teeth as she shook her head back on forth.
Nikki's heels clicked against the street as she stomped away from us and to the club. "Come on, Bitches." Nikki called over her shoulder forcing Taylor and I to follow in a fit of giggles.
The venue was The Marquee and regardless of the fact that we we're late there was still a huge line of young teenage girls waiting to get in but that didn't stop Nikki from marching right up to the doorman and cutting the entire thing.
"Hey!" practically every single person behind her yelled. Taylor and I looked at them with the corner of our eyes and smirked, Nikki on the other hand just whispered a sorry before turning back to face the bouncer, who was glaring down at her with a raised eyebrow.
"Hi," Nikki started out straightening up to her full height and giving him a small smile. "I'm on the VIP list with two +2's and I was told to just walk up and talk to you." She said using her extra sweet voice. The doorman nodded, his glare fading away as he was handed a clipboard by another bouncer.
"Names?" He simply asked in a monotone voice.
"Nicole James, Taylor Sterling and Wren O'Common" Nikki said smirking as she attempted his tone.
"Over 21, Get your ID out." He said waving us through much to the disappointment to the girls behind us. Nikki smiled at him kindly while she rudely yanked us forward and just like that we were in the venue. The inside of the building, regardless of the fact that no one was playing at the moment was dark with few lights lining the walls. I could make out the silhouette of everybody around me but that was about it. Nikki broke down and looped an arm each of us, Taylor sighed into Nikki's side and began to walk to the bar, taking us with her. The bartender sauntered over to us as soon as we came into sight and soon we were all leaning against the bar with matching drinks in our hands. I finished my drink just as the tide of people finished shoving through the door and straight to the stage as the first opening band began to play.
Nikki turned to us with big smile, after one song. "I'm gonna go back stage and wish Pat good luck." She yelled and Taylor sent her away with a nod. And just like that Taylor and I were alone, her politely moving to the beat attracting the attention of on-looking men and I just standing there in a bored huff. I rolled my eyes at the group of guys shoving their friend towards Taylor. I rolled my eyes at the guy who awkwardly recovered from the push and shyly walked over to Taylor. I rolled my eyes as Taylor perked up to talk to him. I turned to her shaking my head.
"I'm gonna go out for a smoke." It was her turn to roll her eyes at me before she nodded, sending me away just as she had Nikki.
I strutted through the venue and back out of it looping around to the side where it was marked as smoking area by the presence of other smokers. I smiled at the two guys and quickened my pace to them. I paused taking in their sight as I slipped out a cigarette and my lighter. The closet one to me was a tall and broad shouldered guy with red hair to top off his head. His body was covered in a loose plaid shirt buttoned strictly to the top as well as black jeans. He had a smile on his face while the guy next to him just stared forward. The other guy was leaning at an angle but had to be about the same height of his friend because of his lanky bod outstretched before him. He had on a black shirt covered by a ripped denim vest and long legs in faded jeans similar to his friends. In other words, they were hot. I paused smirking down at my hands as I placed the cigarette in my lips, I held up the lighter and just stared at it as it slipped out of my fingers to the ground. I groaned looking down at the broken cheap thing.
"Shit." I mumbled as I tried to pick it up and it split in two, I sighed and smashed it with my toe even more than it already was.
I plucked the cigarette from my lips groaning as I slid against the wall in a squat.
"Nice shirt." The red head said walking over to me with an extended hand.
I looked down at my Ramones shirt. I glanced back at him with a flirtatious smile and grabbed his hand pulling myself up with some help.
"Need a light?" He asked looking at mine on the ground.
I laughed. "Yeah." I said
"John?" He asked looking over at his motionless friend holding out his hand to him much like he had me.
John grumbled pushing himself off of the wall and a hand into his jeans pocket. He handed the lighter to his friend and looked over at me for the first time. John's friend was cute but John was far more attractive and by the look on his face he thought the same about me. John took a step closer to us before smirking at me and turning back to the street with an exhale of smoke.
I looked over at his friend who was holding up the flames to my cigarette.
"I'm Jared." He said with an adorable smile.
"Thanks Jared, for the light." I said smiling up at him after my first drag.
"Your welcome..." He paused asking for me name
"Wren." I answered standing a little straighter.
"That's John." Jared said flicking his hand over his shoulder at his friend.
"And why is he so quiet?" I said looking past Jared and at John who was smirking at me through the corner of his eyes.
"He just went through a bad break up." Jared said glancing over at his friend his face written with worry.
"Like an hour ago?" I said giggling through smoke.
Jared smiled down at me. "A fortnight."
I couldn't hold back my laughter. "Well then it's time for a rebound." I suggested with a smirk looking at John.
Jared smiled glancing once more at John. "I couldn't agree more." He said staring down at his boots as he dropped his bud and ground it into the cement. "Well I've gotta go, big show ahead of me."
"Your playing?" I asked quirking an eyebrow at him.
"Yeah last." He said nodding with a wide smile on his face.
"Then I guess you must know...What's his name? Pet? Peter?" I stumbled with my question.
"Pat. You know him?" Jared corrected me with a chuckle.
"Uh not yet, he's dating my best friend."
"Oh your one of Nikki's friends?" He asked surprised
I nodded.
"Then I'll see you later." Jared said with a wink as he walked away slapping John on the back muttering him to hurry up.
I sucked in and scooted over closer to John feeling confused. John adjusted himself to my presence by turning slightly towards me and glancing over my shoulder.
"There's a party after the show at Pat's house, he was going to invite you guys." John finally said and might I say that his voice was fit for a god. "He's been talking about for days now." He groaned.
I smirked crossing my arms over each other turning fully to John. "Then I guess, I'll see you there."
"I guess so." John was cut off by the backstage door opening and a short guy whose hair and beard made him look like a hipster homeless man popped out grabbing John's attention.
"Showtime." He said and John nodded throwing down the wrist of his cigarette on the ground.
He looked back up at me and paused. I gave him a crooked smile before leaning closer to him and giving him a quick kiss on the corner of the mouth.
"Bye John." I said throwing my hair over my shoulder as I walked away. I gave one last look back at him just in time to see him smirk at me before following his friend back into the building.
I smiled to myself and dove back into the regular entrance quickly finding Taylor back at the bar where I left her no boy in sight.
I squealed running to her. She looked at me alarmed. "Ahh!" She screamed as I took her elbow and gave a small tug.
"Tay, I just met the hottest guy."
"Who is he?" She said leaning closer to me with a happy smile on her face.
And at the moment he, along with four other guys took the stage.
I looked back at Taylor wiggling my eyebrows. She turned around quickly.
"The singer." I muttered in her ear.
She turned back to me and squealed.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey guys so this was a super quick update I'm kinda in love with this story. now if your also a fan of one direction check out my story kryptonite http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/468654/kryptonite/ those updates come later but the chapters are longer. So I hoped you liked this chapter. Comment? Subscribe? Love? Hate?