I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love

Vampires Will Never Hurt You

We had to find help. Just me and Piper, here in what seemed like a desolate town.
We never saw it coming, our small bumfuck existance here, who could have forseen vampires infesting our people. Was all of this related to what was going down in Monroeville?

"They're going to get us." Piper said quietly, squeezing my hand hard as we slipped through the murky shadows.

"Don't say that, and stay quiet!" I hissed.

"They'll get us because the sun has gone down into the ground, we are dead."

Her pessimism was annoying me, but I was her only hope out of here.
I gripped her hand tighter in mine, I was so nervous, so scared.

We had stopped at the railroad station, in hopes of catching a late train out of here, but all trains had stopped. All that was left were scrapped of discarded flesh and blood stains. There were never any bodies..

"And if they get me, take this spike to my heart. You have to kill me if it comes down to it!" She whispered, tugging on my sleeve.
She had picked up a railroad spike and was clutching it tightly to her chest, a mock gesture of protection from the Nosferatu.

"Put this spike in my heart.." She repeated softly.

I ignored her, it wouldn't come to that, I would protect her.

"Or if you don't want to do that, you can wait until the sun comes up, won't that tear the skin right off our bones?"

I turned to face her, "Look Piper, I don't know! I don't know if any of that folklore stuff is true or not! I've never had to deal with vamires before because I never knew they even existed okay?!"

I didn't mean to snap at her like that.
She didn't even pay me any mind, she was too busy staring off into the distance at something.

"What is it?"

She silenced me with a finger to my lips, "They're here, they've seen us, smelt us!"

"What?!" I exclaimed, trying to see what she had seen.

"We have to go...NOW!" She said sternly, giving me a push.

Suddenly, a dark figure leapt out of the shadows at Piper. She shrieked and swung at it with the spike, a useless defense.
I tried to push it away from her, but it only tossed me to the side as if I were nothing!
It leapt at Piper, it's only distuingisable feature were it's ivory white fangs, ready to tear out Pipers throat.

With one last final effort, I threw myself into the vampire, knocking it off balance. We fell onto the hard pavement, it falling on top of me. It pinned me down, smiling and flashing it's fangs, before it came down on me, taking a deep hard bite into my tender neck.

The pain was excruciating, the tearing and slicing, the blood, the burning.
It took another bite, then another, and another. I felt my world slipping away, fogging over.
It suddenly let out a shrill cry, as Piper drove the spike into it's back, penetrating all the way through it's chest wall. It writhed and bucked, trying to free itself from the improvised weapon.

It backhanded Piper, shaking her off of it. She fell heavily, her nose bleeding.
The vampire shrieked and leapt away onto the rooftops, where it made its escape.
Piper came over to me, cradling me close to her.
Those razor sharp white teeth ripped out my neck, deep and good.

"You gotta get me to a doctor, or get me to a church" I sputtered, desperately trying to get to my feet but couldn't.

She calmed me, gently stroking my sweaty brow with delicate soft fingers, "I'm gonna save you Isaac, I promise! We have to get you somewhere that they can pump that venom from that gaping hole, I'll save you!"

I should have known they'd come and get me, I was the last remaining resistance in the town. If I was gone, who would protect Piper?

"Put that spike..to...my heart.."

Piper closed her eyes tight, as not to cry, "I lost it, it was still in the vampires back when it escaped...I don't know what to do right now...but I'll save you!"

"Find another....please...drive that spike into ...my heart.." I wheezed.

She got to her feet, and frantically searched around for something, anything to kill me with.

"I'll be right back!"

"Where are you going?!"

She didn't reply as she ran off, leaving me alone. As I lay there, bleeding out, and changing, things around me changed. The black inky night now became visible to me. A blood red haze clouded my vision, with the sound of a dozen heart beats pounding in the night. My upper and lower jaws ached as I felt my incisors starting to lengthen inch by painful inch.
No! I must stay human, stay sane...for Pipers sake!

She came back, running up to me with a shiny object in her hands.

"Where'd..you go?"

She knelt beside me, "I went to Bently's sports store. I broke in and found a tent spike in the outdoor section...I just don't know if I can do this..."

I stared at the spike glinting in the pale moonlight, my hunger was coming. Just staring at it filled me with sudden rage...and fear. I looked up at Piper, and I could smell her blood, pulsing through her veins. How sweet it smelt, how warm it looked. Oh God...kill me now!

I clutched her hand holding the weapon, pleading, "Can you take this spike? Will it fill our hearts with thoughts of endless night time sky? Will it wash away this jet black feeling? It's taking over Piper, you have to kill me now!"

She began to sob, shaking her head violently, "No! No! I won't kill you Isaac! I won't!"

"Kill me before I kill you!" I screamed at her, making my throat burn.

"No!"

"Do it! Use that spike, or holy water..or something!"

She looked down sadly at me, "Holy water doesn't work. My sister tried it during the first hours of the breakout, they just shot it back like whiskey...it's useless!"

"Get me to a doctor, call a nurse..someone! Anyone!" I begged, the pain becoming unbearable.

"Then they burned down the church...I escaped, but my sister didn't. That's when you came to save me..."

"Please...kill me or save me.." I rasped, my eyes closed tight.

"I'm sorry Isaac, but no one can save your soul, we are all damned right now..all of us. Once you go, I'll be all alone here. I'm scared!"

I clutched her hand in mine, "As these days watch over time, and as these days watch over us tonight, I'll never let them hurt you, I promise!"

She gently loosened my hand from it's grip on her, interlacing her fingers with mine.
She gently kissed my hand, a tear drop trickled down my knuckles.

"There is something I wanted to tell you, for a long time now.." she said softly, as she took hold of the spike at her side.

"Go on..."

"Ever since I first met you, back in Elementary school...10 years ago...I...I love you Isaac. I've loved you for a very very long time now..and I always wanted to tell you that, to let you know that I was happy for you..when you dated all those other girls...and you although you never saw me as anything more than a friend...I was happy because you were happy...but I was still in love with you..I'm so sorry...forgive me.."

She began to cry again as she raised the spike high above her head, grasped tightly in her hands.

I closed my eyes, "I know Piper, and if I had been anymore of a man, I'd have told you that I felt the same. I love you too. Do it...NOW!"

I heard her make one last cry of sorrow, before she brought that life ending, soul saving cold metal into my heart.

I jerked, lurched, and cried out, as she drove it home, deep and hard into me.
The newly born vampire in me tried to pull it out, but my human half staved it's hand, letting her finish her work.

The blood red haze began to ebb away, the sound of pulsating hearts began to fade, the clarity of the night washed over with blurry cobweb like visages. I smiled weakly at her, touching her hand that was still clutching the spike in my chest.

"I love you Piper.."

And with that...I died.