Everybody's Singing Like They're Crazy In Love

Chapter 10

Once I’d eaten dinner and talked to mum while we did the dishes together I made my way into the lounge to see what was on television. I flicked through all the channels when I found ‘Dude Where’s My Car?’ was on. I texted Alex to see whether he wanted to come over and watch it, which he greatly accepted and was over here in less than 2 minutes.
I quickly made some popcorn and grabbed some blankets before returning to the couch and getting comfortable.

“You know if you and Jack lived together I can imagine your house been like that” I said laughing.
“Are you serious? No way! Jack and I would have a spotless house” He replied smiling.
“I don’t think so mate! It might not be as bad as that, but I would think that it would be a hell of a mess” I replied.

“Yeah, you’re probably right. Although I think we’d use the toilet rather than the indoor plant” He said as we both laughed at the guy going back into his room.

We watched the rest of the movie laughing most of the time at how stupid it was and really just enjoyed spending time together. I must admit, I never expected that 3 months from moving to America I’d have a boyfriend and an amazing group of friends.
It all seemed a bit sceptical, like something was going to ruin it all in a matter of seconds. Although I still hadn’t mentioned the fact that I was eventually going to go back to Australia. I didn’t see myself staying here any longer than I needed and mum certainly didn’t have any purpose to stay,
if anything it was best for her to go back to forget about dad and start off fresh.
“Oh, Alex I didn’t realise you’d come over, how are you? Holly has informed me about the good news. I must say it was about time you got your act into gear” mum said as she made her way into the lounge.
“Mum!” I shrieked.
“Haha, its cool Holly, yeah it certainly should of happened ages ago, I think we both knew it was going to happen but neither of us had the guts to talk about it.” Alex replied for me. I just smiled at him and mum smiled too.
“His certainly a keeper Holly” She said as she walked out.
“I just got your mums approval, I think I can die a happy man now” He said as he laughed at me.
“Ha, very funny” I said as I hit him in the stomach.
“So what are we going to do for the rest of the night?” He asked as he kissed my neck.
“Certainly none of that, first date rules.” I replied as I pulled away from him watching his face fall.
“That is so unfair, this can’t be counted as first date, isn’t first date dinner at a fancy restaurant and than a movie?” He asked.
“Hmm, maybe but that’s really going by what everyone does. I don’t like doing that so this does count as a first date for me anyway” I explained.
“Well as long as you are here that’s all I need” He replied as he pecked me on the lips.
“That was so cheesy!” I replied as we both laughed.
“I try my hardest babe!” He replied as he smiled.
“Why don’t we go for a swim? It isn’t cold or anything and it’s heated or we could go in the spa?” I suggested.
“That sounds like a plan, just let me go back home and I’ll grab my board shorts and I’ll come over the fence” He said as we both got off the couch.
“Okay, see you soon” I said as he went out the front door and I rushed to my room to get changed, making sure that I shut my blind. As I found my black one piece and got changed. I grabbed my towel out of my wardrobe and walked out the back just as Alex was coming over the fence. I must say he had a fine chest.
I dropped my towel over the chair and hopped into the spa, making sure that it was warm first, as I heard Alex whistle at me.
“Hurry up and just get in here” I said as he made his way out of the bush.
“What? I like what I see, and you can’t tell me you don’t like this” He said as he pointed to his chest, I just blushed and waited for him to get in the spa.
“See, I’m way too addictive” He replied as he slipped in. I just rolled my eyes.
“Don’t let your ego get too ahead of you my dear.” I replied as I wrapped my arms around his waist.
“I don’t have an ego, I just like myself too much” He mumbled as he pecked my lips.
“Exactly my point” I replied laughing as I pecked him on the lips again.
We just sat in the spa and talked for ages, about everything, what life was like back in Australia. What life was like here before I moved and just life in general. We weren’t trying to impress the other person and we certainly weren’t being someone we’re not. I just really enjoyed his company and I didn’t care if he wasn’t the best boyfriend or he didn’t take me out or he doesn’t buy me expensive gives. He was being himself and that’s why I like him so much.
“As much as I love this spa, my hands have gone all wrinkly” I said looking at my hands.
“Same, want to get out and watch another movie in your room?” He asked.
“Sounds like a perfect idea” I replied as I pecked him on the lips.
We both go out and dried off before heading inside to get changed. Alex went into the main bathroom and I went into my own, I changed into my pyjama shorts and a singlet and put my bathers into the laundry basket.
I plugged my TV into the power point and grabbed my stack of DVDs out of my cupboard and put them on my bed. I got under the covers and waited for Alex to come back.
“Can I come in?” He asked as he knocked lightly on the door.
“Sure” I replied as he opened it and jumped on top of me.
“Ouch! Get off of me!” I said as I struggled to push Alex off as we both started laughing.
“What DVDs are we watching?” He asked as he finally rolled off of me.
“Whatever you like” I said as I handed them to him.
“We’re so watching Mean Girls” Alex suggested jumping up to put it on.
“You’re such a girl” I said as I got under the covers.
“Haha, I like this movie, Regina Gorge is so hot!” He replied
“Are you serious, she’s the ugliest girl to ever face this planet” I said
“As if! You’re just jealous” He said as he sat back on the bed”
“Jealous? Of what, having the most disgusting smile and being a complete dumb blonde” I replied
“She’s not that dumb” He said as I gave him a look. “Okay maybe she is dumb but I still think she’s cute”
“Haha okay!” I replied not wanting to get any more involved with Alex’s love with this girl.
Before the movie started Alex climbed in bed next to me and wrapped his arms around me, as we got comfortable and watched the movie.
“Man he is so hot” I muttered as Aaron came on screen.
“Eww, he is so not!” Alex said “I’m way better looking!”
“Haha, you wish” I replied smiling at him, which made his face fall and pretend to be upset.
“I was joking Alex” I said as I moved back towards him.
“So was I” He replied laughing.
The rest of the movie went by and before we knew it, it was reaching midnight so we decided to go to sleep. Alex was definitely growing on me and I couldn’t wait to spend more time with him. Yes sometimes he has the biggest ego ever and it’s always about him. But I rather him rave about himself than me.
“Goodnight Holly” Alex said as he got back into bed after putting the DVD away.
“Night Alex, thank you for tonight” I replied
“Anything for you” He replied as he kissed me on the lips and wrapped his arm around my waist.
It wasn’t long before we were both sound asleep and I was very happy with where I was right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter goes out to Sarah Lay, because she's been sick the last couple of days. I hope this makes you feel a little bit better sweetie :)