Everybody's Singing Like They're Crazy In Love

Chapter 9

Well you can only guess who slept in my bed last night. I thought as I smiled to myself, of course he had come through the window; I hadn’t actually broken the news to my mum yet again. That should be an interesting conversation considering I told her that I didn’t like him like a day ago. I got out of bed and put on my shorts and t-shirt and decided to go for a run, I slipped my shoes on and left a note for Alex to make sure that he was out of my room before I got back. Mum wouldn’t go in my room if she knew I wasn’t there so it was all good.

I took the path heading towards the lake as I pulled out my iPod passing mum at the next-door neighbour’s house. I made my way around the lake enjoying the scenery as I felt someone come up behind me.
“Hey stranger” Katie said as she slowed down to my pace.
“Hey, how are you?” I asked trying to keep the conversation on her.
“I’m great what about you and Alex?”
“We’re great, he actually asked me to be his girlfriend yesterday” I said smiling; well I couldn’t hold it in any longer.
“What! He asked you out and I don’t get notified until now! What happened to your phone?” She shrieked. “Wait, let me guess, he spent the night in your room again and you didn’t have anytime?” She guessed.
“Uhh, well. Yes that’s basically what happened. I’m sorry I promise to fill you in on all the details later” I said as we slowed down to have a drink and stretch.
“So is he as good at kissing as what he makes out?” She asked half laughing.
“Haha, very funny, well yeah his pretty good. Actually he’s really good.” I said laughing at myself.
“Well, I’m finally glad that you sorted everything out and I’m happy for you” She replied as she took a seat on the park bench.
We just sat and talked a bit more until she had to go meet one of her other fiends, so she left me to run the rest of the lake on my own. Once I’d gone around twice I thought I better head home and see what else there was for me to do.
After I had showered and gotten dressed again I grabbed my dirty clothes and put them in the washing machine while I grabbed the other lot that mum had brought in and started to fold it. Doing this wasn’t really much with only the two of us living here after we found out about dad, it’s been fun. I mean the odd jobs of doing the washing and dishes for two people, really isn’t that much and besides it helped mum which was good.

I suppose I haven’t really mentioned what happened between my dad and mum till now, would be the fact that I’d have to accept that he did that rather than ignore the whole situation, the biggest part of the whole thing was the that there was someone out there that had forced us to move here because dad wasn’t happy with mum. I still remember the look on mums face and we’d only been here a few days at the most. It was when I came back from the park with Jack and I went inside not really noticing anything until I realised that dad’s car wasn’t there. Mum had this horrid look on her face and she was just sitting in the dark without the lights on. I knew something had happened after that. It was like someone had just come a long and taken mum away, like it was only her body sitting there. I didn’t want to make anything out of it so I just left her alone and went to bed. But dad never came back, he didn’t leave me any explanation as to why he’d gone and he didn’t tell me where he was going either or whether or not I should contact him and how if I even wanted to.

I suppose it wasn’t the best time for me to be out making new friends and leaving mum by herself, but it was the biggest and best distraction I had I wasn’t going to throw that away so I could dwindle on the return of my father. It took mum three days to sit me down and tell me what had happened, why he wasn’t coming back and the real reason to why we’d moved here. It was all for a stupid girl, with all her money and fake plastic looks.

He’d had an online relationship with her for over 12 months and had even flown to see her without us knowing. He’d cheated on mum, gone to someone to find better happiness because we weren’t good enough. I felt sick even thinking about it again.

At first it took me a while to really comprehend the fact that he’d done this to both of us, me being an only child I really didn’t have anyone but mum to talk to. So that’s what we did. We just talked and talked and we told each other that we aren’t going to worry about him, and that’s where we are today. Just the two of us, not worrying about anyone else and I like it, and mums a strong one so she’ll be fine.

I continued to clean up as I heard mum come in the front door and drop shopping bags on the bench.
“Holly, are you home?” She called out as soon as I made my way into the kitchen.
“Oh, sorry sweetie, how was your day?”
“Good, I didn’t do anything but go for a run and tidy the place up. What about you?” I asked as I put the milk in the fridge.

“Well, I’ve just been down to that little café at the end of the street and I bumped into Alex. He was in a very good mood I must say and he even asked how you were” She replied smiling.
“Well about that, he might have asked me to be his girlfriend yesterday” I replied really quickly.
“He asked you what?”She exclaimed
“He asked me to be his girlfriend yesterday” I replied a tad a slower.
“Please tell me you said yes” She said as she crossed her fingers.
“Of course I did!” I replied smiling.
“Well I’m happy for you I’m glad that your happy as well”
“Thanks mummy” I said as I hugged her and went to my room.
“Don’t be long, I’m going to start tea soon” She said as I exited the kitchen
Once I got to my room I logged onto twitter and started to tell everyone about my week. I also emailed my friends back in Australia updating them on the whole ‘Alex’ situation and I read a few emails from other people and then logged off. I decided to revise my piano skills as I hadn’t played in over 6 months, and it was just starting to be a dust collecting item in my room. I got out my Delta Goodrem book and played ‘Fragile’ which is one of my favourite songs of hers. When I stopped playing I realised that Alex had made his way into my room and was sitting on my bed listening to me play, I also sang, which was something I didn’t do in front of people.

“You didn’t tell me you sang” He said as he came and sat down next to me on the piano stool.
“I’ve actually never been told I’m any good so I just seem to keep it to myself.” I replied.
“You have an extraordinary voice and I’m not just saying that because I’m your boyfriend. It has something about it, I don’t know but it’s really good” He explained.
“Thank you” I replied as I closed the book.
“Don’t close it, I want to hear more” He said.
“What song?” I asked
“Play another Delta Goodrem one” He replied.
“Okay” I said as I sat down on the piano and flicked to Will You Fall For Me and placed my hands on the keys with Alex watching intently.
I played the whole song out with out messing up which was a change, and quite surprising considering I hadn’t played in a while. Once I had finished Alex clapped.
“You’re amazing at this, why didn’t you show me this sooner?”
“I don’t know, I didn’t think it was important. I know it’s something that I can do but it’s not something I bring up in everyday conversation” I replied.
“Far enough, well I can see whether you can join us on stage on Friday night” He mentioned.
“Are you serious?” I asked
“Yes, I want you to play with me” He said.
“Are you sure? What about all the fan girls that might want to kill me after it?” I asked a tad scared.
“They’ll just get over it, once they hear your voice they’ll understand completely why you’re up there” He reasoned.
“Holly time for dinner” Mum yelled to me. I looked at Alex and pointed to the window.
“Can’t I stay? Please!” He begged.
“No, because then mum will know that you didn’t come through the front door and besides I told her about us and it would be slightly awkward if I came down with you” I explained standing next to the window.
“Okay, but can I come back later?” He asked.
“Sure” I said smiling as I pecked him on the lips and watched him climb over into his room.
“Coming mum” I yelled as I closed the window and walked out of my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's certainly a filler but it's coming along. Hope you enjoyed it :)