Everybody's Singing Like They're Crazy In Love

Chapter 14

It had been three weeks since I woke up with that dreaded hang over and I swear I will never touch another drop of alcohol in my life. A lot has happen in three weeks, Alex surprised me last week with two tickets to Australia, and today we are flying out to meet the rest of my family. I was extremely shocked when he gave them to me and he told me, it’s our one month anniversary present. I didn’t know what to say.
“Babe are you ready to go?” Alex asked as he came back into the room.
“Yehp, I’m just packing the last of my toiletries.” I replied.
“Okay, I’ll go say goodbye to my mum, meet me in the car in 10” He replied as he walked back out.
I grabbed my soap, shampoo, conditioner, moisturisers, face wash and all the other necessities and put them into my bag. I zipped it up and came out of my bathroom making sure I hadn’t left anything else behind.
We were heading to my grandma’s house in Melbourne. I couldn’t wait to see her it had already been 3 months since we’d been here. I got along alright with my grandma and was looking forward to her meeting Alex. I couldn’t get over how quick time had flown. I offered for mum to come with us but she thought it would be a nice gesture if the both of us went together.
“Holly, you’re only going for a week not a month” Mum commented as I brought all my stuff downstairs.
“Mum as a senior citizen of Melbourne you will know what out whether is like, so I come prepared” I replied smiling at her.
“I suppose you’re right, have a good time won’t you?” Mum replied.
“Of course we will”
“And don’t forget to say hi to my mum for me” She replied.
“We won’t and make sure you don’t burn this place down while I’m not here” I replied
“I won’t” She replied
I put my luggage into the car and gave mum a massive hug.
“I’ll see you in a week” I replied as I got into the front seat and Alex started the car.
We drove to the airport and parked the car leaving the keys under the tyre rim for mum to come and pick up later. We got our luggage out of the car and made our way into the airport. After we both had checked in we decided to go get something to drink.
“So is there anything I should know about your grandparents?” Alex asked as we made our way to Starbucks.
“Grandma Jane is really nice and will love you straight away, Grandpa Joe, might take a little more convincing, he likes to think that I’m not getting any older.” I replied.
“Why is it always the Grandpas or dads that don’t think their daughters should have boyfriends!?” He laughed.
“They feel that they should be the only man in their life for a matter of years and it’s them approving of another male I suppose” I replied.
“Good point” He replied “I hope I’m good enough to approve of!”
“Of course you are, I don’t care whether they hate your guts you mean everything to me” I replied being completely honest with him.
“Thank you” He replied.
“I love you” I said as I pecked him on the cheek.
We waited another 15 minutes before we decided to move to another location and get ready to board. It was quite a long flight from here back to Melbourne.
“Flight 233 is now boarding. Flight 233 is now boarding.” We heard the telecom lady say.
I grabbed my carryon bag and Alex took my left hand as we made our way towards the plane. We gave our tickets to the lady and continued on through to security.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, but I'm going to get really serious about this story after exams and try and work out how much longer it has. I really love this story :)