Everybody's Singing Like They're Crazy In Love

Chapter 15

We arrived at my Grandmas house after an hours drive from the airport. We parked the car in the drive way, we both got out of the car Alex egger to hold my hand.
“Alex, it’s going to be okay. They’re just my Grandparents. I love you, mum and dad love you there is nothing to worry about.” I reassured him.
“Thank you, I love you too” He replied as he kissed my lips.
I had completely forgotten house luxurious Grandma and Grandpas house was. It was a mansion I could fit Alex’s house and my house inside it and still have room to live. We walked up the stairs to the entrance and Alex rang the door bell, gripping my hand tighter as he heard someone come down the stairs. The door opened to find Grandma and Grandpa all smiles and gushing at us that we’d come to stay.
“Hi Gran, how are you?” I asked hugging her.
“I’m good. Holly, are you going to introduce us?”She asked.
“Uh, yes this is my boyfriend Alex. He’s also my next door neighbour back in America.” I answered.
“It’s very nice to meet you guys” Alex replied as shy as I’d ever seen him.
“It’s nice to meet you too Alex. Holly’s mother has told us to be kind to you, she said she’s never seen Holly this happy ever before” Pa answered.
“Okay don’t get too sentimental pa” I laughed. “But yes, Alex makes me very happy and I’m sure you two boys will get along fine” I replied.
We walked inside as Pa went and got our luggage out of the car and Nan made sure we had a full house tour to show Alex.
“Gee, I thought your house was nice Holly” Alex said as we walked into the 5th bedroom with its own bathroom and walk in robe.
“So you can chose whatever room you want, I trust that you two are mature enough to look after yourselves in the same bedroom” Nan said. Alex laughed at her and smiled.
“Of course we are” He said.
“That’s good to hear” She replied. Nan was a very old fashioned but posh person. She liked to have everything perfect and walked as if she was royalty. She has the kindest heart of all but sometimes she’s too worried about material things than her family. She can be a bit drastic about things sometimes.
“I have the luggage” Pa said as he walked up the stairs, “what bedroom are you guys going to take, there’s only 6 of them to chose from” He answered.
“We’re going to take the one at the end of the house” Alex replied
“Thanks for bringing the luggage up” He added.
“My pleasure, make yourselves at home come down whenever you’re ready” He said as him and Nan turned and went back down the stairs.
“Holly you didn’t tell me these guys were billionaires!” Alex exclaimed.
“They’re not trust me. Nan likes her material things; they probably have million dollar debts because of this house.” I reasoned.
“I don’t think so, have you seen your Nan’s jewellery. I think I know why you have such a nice house in America as well” He replied
“Trust me we don’t have that much money, they just know what they want to spend it on” I replied as we both started to unpack our bags. I started to unzip Alex’s bag when he froze and ran towards me.
“No don’t open mine, I’ll do it myself” He replied extremely edgy.
“Alex it’s fine, I can do it. Go do your toiletries or something” I replied a little confused.
“No I want to do my own bag, please.” He said.
“Okay, why are you pushing this, what are you hiding Alex Gaskarth?” I questioned.
“Nothing you need to worry about”
“No seriously, why won’t you let me unpack your bag?” I questioned a little scared as to what was actually in there.
“Look Holly, I don’t want to tell you what’s in there because I’m not certain of what I want to do, I need you to believe me and just leave it alone. I promise by the end of this holiday you’ll be fully aware of what’s going on” He said sternly.
“Okay, I’m sorry for wanting to know. It does seem a little suspicious though” I replied as I walked into the bathroom. I heard Alex quickly unzip his bag and I quickly turned around to see out of the corner of my eye a red velvet box.
I turned around to face Alex and froze in the doorway. I couldn’t take my eyes off what I’d seen. He soon realised that I was still in the room and when his eyes met mine I didn’t know what to do.
“Holly, did you just see..”
“Yes” I replied
“Do you”
“Pretty sure I know what a red velvet box means.” I replied,
“Holly it’s not”
“Not for me.”
“No, are you kidding me. That’s the first thing you can think of.” Alex yelled.
“Well we’ve only been dating a month and you’ve already brought an engagement ring, how can it be for me?” I asked as my hands began to shake.
“You know what I don’t need to explain myself to someone who likes to jump to conclusions every time something I do happens. I’m going out. “Alex yelled in my face.
As he walked out of the room and slammed the door shut. I fell to the floor and burst into tears.
I certainly didn’t see that one coming.