Everybody's Singing Like They're Crazy In Love

Our Freinds Are A Different Breed.

I looked up from my laptop as mum made her way into my room to give me my phone as it was ringing.

“Hello” I said
“Hey, Holly right?”
“Yeah, Alex right?”
“Correct, I was just wondering whether you wanted to come down to the park and meet my friends.” He asked, I looked at mum and gave her a reassuring smile and she closed the door behind her.

“Umm, sure what time?” I asked as I looked at the clock which read 1.00pm.
“How about 2, and if you like I can pick you up on the way?” He asked.
“That would be great considering I don’t know where this park is,” I said.
“Sure just text me your address and I’ll meet you there in an hour,” he said.
“Sure I’ll see you then.” I said hanging up and texting him my address.
My phone buzzed soon after I had texted my address to Alex.
“You’re not going to believe this, but you live next door to me!”Alex texted.
“What are you serious?” I replied.

A few minutes later, the door bell rang and I ran to answer it.
“Woah, you were serious, unless you have some super power I don’t know about?” I questioned
“No I seriously live next door to you, well we have 50 minutes before we have to go the park, what do you want to do?” He asked.
“Why don’t you come in and I’ll give you a tour of the house? Then you can decide what we can do,” I replied
“Sounds good to me,” He smiled as he made his way into the hallway.
“It’s very nice.” He commented as we made our way into the kitchen.
“Did you want anything to eat or drink?” I offered.
“No thanks, I’m fine.” He replied.

“Holly!” My mother yelled from the other end of the house.
“Yes mother?” I asked as she made her way into the kitchen.
“Oh, I didn’t realise you had anyone over,” Mum said as she got a bottle of water out of the fridge. “I’m Cathy nice to meet you,” She said as she extended her hand.
“Hey, I’m Alex I live next door,” He said as he shook my mum’s hand.

“Okay we’re going to tour the house.” I said as I took Alex’s hand and lead him away from my mum. I showed him around the house leaving the backyard till last because I knew he’d like it.
“Well, don’t get completely shocked and freak out, but the backyard is pretty much an oasis.” I said as I opened up the door.

“Dude this is insane!” Alex exclaimed as he stepped out onto the veranda.
“I know I freaked out the first time I saw it to!” I replied.
“We are going to have so much fun here,” Alex said as he walked over the bridge and into the hut and sat down on the bench.
“And what sort of fun would that be?” I asked.
“Parties,” Alex said.
“Parties, huh? At my house with my parents, I don’t think so” I replied.
“Well… I could always use my persuading ways and get them to consider” Alex replied.
“I don’t think that would work I really don’t” I replied “Anyway what did you want to do, now that I’ve shown you my house?” I asked.

“How about we head down to the park? Oh and you might want to grab your bathers as well because we might head to the beach after” Alex said.
“Sure, I’ll just go find mum and tell her where we’re going and grab my stuff” I replied as we both walked back into the house. I found mum in the kitchen trying to cook, which wasn’t very successful.
“I thought I told you to stay out of the kitchen?” I asked
“Haha very funny, what can I do for you two?” She asked.
“Alex and his friends are meeting at the park and going to the beach I was wondering whether I could join them?” I asked.
“Of course you can sweetie, just make sure you’re home before 11, you do have your first day of school tomorrow,” She replied.
“Thank you, I’ll be back in 2 minutes just let me get my bathers and we can go” I said to Alex as I ran to my room.

Once I had everything I needed I ran out of my room and met Alex in the car.
“Sorry I took so long, I couldn’t find my towel” I said as I sat down.
“It’s cool” He replied as he drove off down the road.
“So who’s going to be there that I need to be aware of?” I asked.
“Well basically everyone but me” He said smiling at his own joke.
“You’re so funny” I replied looking at him blankly.
“Well, if you don’t want to get in her bad books, I’d stay away from me” Alex replied.
“You’re girlfriend?” I questioned.
“Correct, okay well just so we get things straight I’m not here to be the new town slut, that’s not who I am at all” I replied.

“I never said you were but she is very judgemental and she’ll say what’s she’s thinking without thinking, if that makes any sense” Alex informed me.
“Well we’re going to get along like two peas in a pod” I said as we pulled into the car park.
“Race you to the slide” Alex said as he jumped out of the car. I jumped out just in time to push him into the car and get a head start, by the time I realised he wasn’t racing anymore and turned around his lips were locked with some bimbo. I turned back around and climbed up to the top of the playground at sat down next to the slide.
“Alex Gaskarth, I win!” I yelled.

“No you don’t, because you have to go down the slide to win.” Said some black head lanky boy as he crawled over me and went down the slide head first. “Holly?” He asked.
“Yeah, nice to meet you” I said trailing off not knowing his name.
“Jack” He smiled; I had a feeling I was going to get to know this boy very well.
“Come and meet the others” He said as he took my hand and pulled me down the slide.
“Thanks” I said, I was going to have to get use to his hyper attitude though.
“Come on hurry up” He said already half way across the park, but I don’t think it was going to take too long. I got up and ran across to where Jack and Alex were now seated at the bench with everybody else.

“Well everyone this is Holly, my new next door neighbour” Alex introduced.
“Holly this is everyone” Alex said.
“Thanks Alex, hi everyone” I said as I sat down next to Jack.
Soon after everyone had introduced themselves, except Alex’s girlfriend which I didn’t understand, the rest of the group included, Rian, Zac, Katie and the yet to be named girlfriend.
“Don’t worry, she’ll introduce herself when she likes you” Jack said noticing that I kept looking her way.
“I have a feeling it’s going to take longer than you think.” I replied as I watched her and Alex.
“Seriously don’t let her get to you, it’s all she wants, attention,” Jack replied. I looked at him like there was something he wasn’t telling me.
“Her name’s Courtney, she’s the complete opposite of everyone here, including Alex it’s sounds completely cliché but I don’t know what Alex sees in her, to be honest I think it’s more of a friends with benefit thing, but none of us would ever confront Alex about it. He just doesn’t see it like we do” Jack replied. I nodded fully understanding where he was coming from.
“Race you to the swing” I said as I got up and bolted there. All the others followed as they’d had enough of ‘The Courtney and Alex show”. I got there first and grabbed the bigger swing leaving Jack with the baby one.
“Good thing I’m the only one that can fit in these,” Jack said as he hopped into the baby swing and even did the belt up.
“You wouldn’t want to be any skinny you might fall to pieces,” I laughed.
We swung on the swings for a while having competitions to see who could reach the highest and then who could jump from the highest, Jack won of course I was way too scared to jump off too high.
After we’d had enough of the swing we all walked down to the beach and ran into the water. It was freezing but none of us really minded.

The beaches here were amazing, a lot different to Australia for one they were actually really clean and the water was amazingly clear. Soon after everyone had gotten out of the water as the wind had picked up and it was getting quite cold. We all sat on our towels and watched the sunset; it was the prettiest sight I’d seen in a while.

Once the sun had completely gone down we all decided to go home as we had school tomorrow, Jack noticed my expression and offered to take me home which I greatly appreciated as Alex had to take Courtney home anyway
.
“Thank you for saving me” I said as we both slid into his car.
“No problem thought I’d better offer anyway” He replied.
“Well my house is right next door to Alex’s so I assume you know the way” I questioned.
“Yeah I’ve driven to Alex’s house just a few times” Jack joked.
“So what do you like to do in your spare time?” Jack asked.
“Nothing much, in Australia we use to live right near the beach so my friends and I would just hang out there. On the weekends we’d probably go to some house party. But other than that I like spending time at home, it’s the safest place ever.” I answered.
“So you don’t mind partying and hanging out like we did tonight?” Jack asked as we pulled into the street.

“No I enjoy it, I mean I like being at home but I don’t like being stuck there all the time, no what I mean?” I elaborated.
“I know exactly what you mean,” He smiled.
“Well thanks for the ride, and hanging out with me tonight” I said as I opened the car door and got out.
“No problem, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow?” He asked,
“Sure will” I smiled as I closed the car door and walked into the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, comments would be amazing!
Third chapter isn't far behind!
X