Everybody's Singing Like They're Crazy In Love

Why Do We Always Hurt The Ones We Love

I heard the honk of a car horn as I rushed out the door already late for my first day of school here, I was actually looking forward to it. Especially making heaps of new friends and discovering whether Courtney likes me or not, today should definitely be interesting.

I walked outside to be greeted by the one and only Alex Gaskarth.
“What are you doing here? I thought you’d be macking your girlfriend?” I said bitterly.
“What’s up your arse this morning?” Alex snickered.
“Oh don’t even get me started” I huffed as I sat back into my chair and looked out the window.

As soon as we reached the car park I jumped out and walked off leaving Alex to go find someone else to annoy, I really shouldn’t care what he does with his girlfriend or how much interest he takes in me. But I do and to be completely honest I don’t know why.

All of a sudden two hands went in front of my eyes and I couldn’t see where I was going.
“Jack?” I asked spinning around.
“How’d you know?” He asked as he slung his arm around my shoulder and we kept walking down the hallway towards the administrator’s office.
“I just know I’m psychic,” I said pointing to my head.
“That’s wicked!” He said holding the door open for me as I stepped into the office.
“Hi, how can I help you?” A middle aged lady asked.
“I’m here to pick up my schedule, Holly Bedford,” I answered
“Sure, here you go, and can you please just sign here?” She said as she handed over my schedule and a pen, I signed the paper and gave them back to her.
“Thank you.” I said as we both walked out.

We kept walking down the corridor until I found my locker bay I was given which turned out to be right next to Jack and Alex. Luckily for me Alex hadn’t come this way yet. Once Jack had looked over my schedule and delivered the news that I had nearly every period with Alex, I grabbed my books and Jack showed me the room I needed to go to. I met up with Katie as soon as I reached the door and we sat up the back together. She looked over my schedule and told me that we had most periods together today, which was good as I didn’t have a clue where I was going.

As soon as the period started I wanted it to end, it sounds bad but this class just seemed to drag on forever. The teachers name was Mrs. Thomas; she was a middle aged woman with big glasses and a very annoying voice. It was a fantastic start to the day. Soon the period was over and Katie and I walked into another class where we had a guy named Mr. Tee, he seemed pretty cool, he wasn’t at all interested whether we did any work or not, he just told us what to do and most of the class got to it. Once everyone heard the bell for recess they all rushed out of class, Mr. Tee not even bothering to control them, Katie and I went to our lockers and put our books back and then went to find the others.

“Holly!” Jack yelled as he saw me come into the Quad.
“Jack!” I yelled back as he hugged me, Katie and I sat down with Alex and Courtney and started talking about what teachers we had and what teachers to stay away from and the others that were alright although Courtney didn’t say anything.

“So why’d you move here?” Courtney asked, it took me a few minutes to realise she was talking to me. She wasn’t smiling or trying to be friendly at all she just wanted to ask a question.
“Well, my parents wanted to come over here for the summer and I guess it was a sort of finishing year 12 present” I answered.

“Cool” She said as she turned her attention to Alex who was talking to Rian about band stuff now.
“You guys are in a band?” I asked listening to their conversation.
“Yeah, we’re called All Time Low you should come to one of our shows on the weekend, its great fun” Rian said.

“I’d love to come and watch you guys one day” I said as they continued to talk about a new song Alex had thought of. Katie and I decided to go and check out the canteen and get something to eat. We walked down and were the only two there so we both got an Ice cream and went back to the group. We ate our Ice cream while we just talked about things and what it’s like to live in America. I kept noticing Courtney giving me looks, I don’t know whether they were suppose to scare me or warn me off or something but it was getting annoying.

“Jack, can I talk to you please?” I asked as I got up and went over to where he was sitting.
“Yeah sure, what’s up?” He asked as he got up and took my hand. I know I’ve only known him for a day, but he was beginning to grow on me and I liked it.
“It’s Courtney and Alex; it’s been bugging me all day. I didn’t think I was going to take any notice of her, but she’s driving me insane.” I explained.
“And what does that have to do with Alex?” He asked a little confused.
“I don’t want to hurt his feelings but I kind of feel I should say something to her, you know to back off and leave me alone” I said.
“Well she hasn’t really done anything besides ask why you moved here so I don’t think there’s any reason to say anything” He explained.
“I know but, I just feel that I’m missing something here like she sees me as a threat and I shouldn’t bother trying to be friends with any of you guys” I continued.
“But if you aren’t going to try then isn’t that just letting her get what she wants, I thought you liked hanging around us” He said.
“I do but if she isn’t going to talk to me or even try to be nice, I mean how long do I wait before she’s okay with me, I don’t get it. I haven’t done anything wrong and she just keeps staring at me and I don’t like it one bit” I replied.
“Well if she does see you as a threat I’ll let you know, the first time Courtney was introduced to Katie it took her a week to even say hi, you’ve already got a question out of her so it can’t be that bad, and besides if she messes with you, all of us except Alex of course will be on your side” He laughed.
“Seriously?” I asked.
“Seriously” He said as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and led me to our lockers as the bell rang.

I grabbed my books out and waited for Jack to get his as Alex walked past.
“Hey Katie told me we have Creative writing together, do you want to walk with me?” Alex asked.
“Umm, is Courtney around?” I asked.
“Uhh, no and that really shouldn’t bother you” He retaliated.
“Why, because she hates me and thinks I’m some sort of threat” I replied.
“She doesn’t think you’re a threat, she just doesn’t know what you’re like yet” he explained.
“What so I’m supposed to cut my dress really short, wear orange make-up and sleep with as many boys as possible to make her like me?” I asked as Jack pissed himself laughing. “I don’t need to be accepted by anyone here, and to be honest she’s the last person I want to be friends with. If you like her fine but don’t act like she doesn’t hate me when you know she does. Just tell her to back off and I’ll never bring the subject up again” I said as I stormed off towards class already 10 minutes late. I didn’t understand what was going on. I didn’t know Courtney one bit and I was the first one to judge her, no wonder she needed to find out whether she liked me or not. But I wasn’t going to drop my guard she can take as long as she wants, I couldn’t care less.

Once I got into class and explained to the teacher that I was in first aid I took my seat at the back and began writing out what was on the board. I kept thinking back to what Jack said, that he didn’t like her either and yet, I was the only one that had actually noticed that she just sits there and only wants Alex’s attention. I heard the door open and looked up only to be greeted by the face of Alex Gaskarth, he told the teacher some pathetic lie and came and sat next to me. I continued to write out what was written on the board getting really good ideas for this assignment. We had to write an emotional song of poem, perfect timing right?

I thought that it would be a great opportunity to show off my talent, not to sound bios or anything. Soon after I had started writing a piece of paper fell onto my table.
Why do you hate her?
Alex.

I don’t hate her; I just don’t understand why she has to glare at me like she’s trying to read my thoughts.

Why don’t you try talking to her?
Because like I said I don’t feel that I need to, if she has a problem with me she can come to me.

She’s not as bad as you think.

Because you know her really well, right?

She’s been my girlfriend for nearly 6 months

Doesn’t mean a thing when her tongues down your throat half the time you’re with her.


He didn’t reply after that, he just looked at me and rolled his eyes, I didn’t want this to come between us but I think it already has. I finished the planning of this song that we had to write and decided I’d just sit and wait for the bell to go. I was so glad I didn’t have any classes with Courtney and music is with Jack so, I was happy.

The bell finally rang after 10 minutes and we all piled out of the class room. Jack met me outside and we walked down to the music rooms together. We were greeted by a guy named Tom, and sat down at a computer. The room was big, with heaps of instruments around; it looked like we were going to have fun in this class. Tom told us to grab an instrument and play around, I jumped up and grabbed the acoustic guitar and started to write stuff for the song in creative writing. I had an idea of what I was going to write it about, any guesses? It was simple really just tell the truth about how I feel at the moment.

Once I had something done, I added some of the lyrics that I wrote before and it wasn’t sounding too bad. I liked it; I didn’t think that being this honest was that easy.
Soon after I had the first verse done the bell rang signalling lunch time, me and Jack jumped up leaving Alex behind and headed back to our lockers, and we put our books back, grabbed our lunch and went to find Katie and the other guys. We found them out on the oval under a tree as we walked up and sat down with them.

“What happened to Alex?” Katie asked as he walked past not even looking at us. Jack burst out laughing.
“Umm, let’s just say I gave him a piece of my mind” I explained trying not to laugh.
“What did you say?” Rian asked
“Umm, I told him that the only way to make Courtney to like me was to cut my dress really short, wear orange make-up and sleep with as many guys as possible. Then in class he asked me why I hated her and I told him I didn’t and he was like you could just talk to her and I said I didn’t need to and he was like, she’s not that bad and then he said that he knows her really well and I was like how she spends most of her time with her tongue down your throat. He didn’t say anything after that.” I replied.
“Dude, no one has ever told him what they think of Courtney” Rian said giving me a high-five.
“Look I don’t want this to come between me and Alex but he needed to know” I said.
“Needed to know what?” Someone said as I turned around and saw Courtney staring at all of us. I stood up and walked over to where she was.

“Come on tell me what Alex needed to know? Tell me what you think of me, that I’m some crack whore that doesn’t deserve someone like Alex. I don’t need you guys to talk about me behind me back and I think Alex can make up his own mind and doesn’t need you guys to tell him who’s right and wrong for him.” She said.

“Look I might of judged you but you weren’t the first one to jump up and say hi, you sat there like Alex’s guard and glared at me for eternity, at first I thought I’d done something wrong, but for once it wasn’t me. You’re scared, that Alex is going to find some other girl that is 10 times better then you and you put up a guard and you watched me like a hawk because you thought he was going to drop you and come running for me. I’ll let you know that I’m not here to make enemies and I couldn’t care less right now whether Alex wanted to get with me or not, and the only reason you did that was because you know you’re not good enough and you never will be. All of us now that Alex deserves better but shouldn’t you be the one reassuring him or better yet reassuring yourself that you guys are a good couple, and that nothing will come between you. Obviously if you’re so worked up about it you have something to hide, but you’d be too afraid to say anything. So why don’t you scamper off and find someone else to annoy because none of us here give a damn about you.” I replied as she walked off stunned that I said it to her face. I know I don’t even know her, but I think I struck the right chord. For once this wasn’t my fault it was hers and she was definitely hiding something.

“Holly, who the hell do you think you are?” Alex screamed as he had seen what went down.

“You can’t just move here and control everything that goes on, she’s my girlfriend and I’ll decide whether I believe her or not and I don’t care whether you have a problem with that” He said.

“I wasn’t controlling anything, but you’re never going to wake up and realize that she’s being lying to you this whole time you’ve been dating. The only reason why she didn’t like me was because she thought that she would lose you, and why would that happen? I didn’t want this day to turn out like this either. But none of you around here are ever telling the truth or speaking your mind to the one person that drives you insane. I’m not here to make a fuss or create a problem but if all of you sit back and let everyone control you you’ll never get anywhere. I’m sorry Jack I really am, but tell him how you feel and maybe he’ll listen to you” I said nearly in tears. I turned around and ran to my locker I grabbed my books and left school.

Luckily home was only around the corner and I was there within 10 minutes. I opened the door and ran to my room crawling into bed. I felt like such a bad person, I couldn’t believe what had come over me. I didn’t even know them and I was accusing them of so much. I must have made Alex feel extremely bad. I grabbed my phone writing a text to all of them

Guys, I’m so sorry for my outburst, it’s just I’ve seen this stuff happen so often and I didn’t want you guys to get further in then you already have. And Alex I hope you’ll forgive me. What I said it wasn’t my place to say it. Sorry
Holly. X


Soon after I heard my phone go off it was from Jack, Rian and Katie.
Jack: its okay, I guess we never expected you to be so out spoken, which is a good thing of course. I love you Holly & don’t beat yourself up Alex will come around, I spoke to him and I think he understands a bit better now.
Jack xoxo 


Rian: It’s cool hols! Hope you’re feeling better soon.
Ri X 


Katie: Babe, you don’t even have to apologise. You said what everyone was thinking and you gave Alex a reality check which was what he needed. I love you.
Katie xoxo 


I felt a lot better after I’d read them, I decided to ring mum and tell her that I was home because I wasn’t feeling well; she was fine with it which was great. Once I’ve changed into my comfortable clothes I went downstairs and turned on the TV.
Only to be interrupted by the door bell ringing. I walked over to the door to find Alex standing there with big read rings around his eyes.
My heart melted and I didn’t know what to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a really long chpater so there may not be an update for a while.
But comments are welcome:)
X