Everybody's Singing Like They're Crazy In Love

Chapter 5

I grabbed my bag as I stepped out of Jack’s car, ever since I told Alex to go after Courtney I haven’t seen him at his house in 2 weeks, yeah it’s been that long and not even a phone call. I decided that I wasn’t going to get angry at myself and rather just get on with my schooling.

I’d even found myself a new friend at school, he was new as well and his name was Isaac, everyone seemed to have their own opinion on him including Jack and he didn’t like him one bit. I couldn’t understand why not, I mean all the girls seemed to think that he was some kind a king, I mean he was cute, and he was extremely nice to all the girls but he wasn’t that special and he’d even told me that he doesn’t like the attention so I don’t really rave about him at all.

He’s more of those quiet but cute boys, although Jack seems to think that he’s a male version of Courtney, which I totally disagree with he’s nothing like her. I mean yeah I’ve only known him for a week, but it can’t be all an act can it?

I walked into the school with Jack and met up with Katie as we walked to class, I had Science so I walked the other way and went into the science lab. My partner being Alex Gaskarth who wasn’t as school today surprise surprise! I sat down and grabbed out my iPhone and texted him

Thanks for ditching and leaving me in science. Holly xo

I grabbed out my books not expecting a reply and started working, this double period without Alex’s jokes seemed to pass by extremely slow, and it wasn’t fair at all, besides I really didn’t know anybody else but the boys and Katie. So it was a very draining lesson.

As soon as the bell went for the end of the double period I grabbed my books and ventured out the door to find my friends, still no reply from Alex, I was beginning to think that he ran away. After I had put my books away I saw Isaac walking towards me and picked up my pace to meet him.

“Hey” I greeted as I hugged him
“Hey” He replied as he let go and took my hand and walked into the cafeteria we spotted Jack, Rian, Zack and Katie sitting at the table.
I grabbed some hot chips and said goodbye to Isaac as he made his way over to his group of friends.

“He’s like your toy boy now, is there seriously nothing going on?”Katie asked which I was shocked, I’d told her everything even about the way I felt towards someone else that wasn’t currently with us and she still thought I liked Isaac.

“Uhh, no there is nothing going on, I’ve told you this!” I said ignoring Jacks I told you so look.
I’d begun to wonder why everyone thinks that all of a sudden. I don’t have a boy toy we’re only friends. I don’t even want a boyfriend after the whole Alex situation that did me more wrong then good and to top everything off, Isaac has a girlfriend anyway, sure she lives on the other side of the country but she still comes into the picture.

“Okay, I was just making sure, I know you’ve told me everything and I understand, but don’t you think if you saw your boyfriend holding some other chicks hand you’d get angry?” She questioned.
Well maybe she was right, okay she is right I would get angry but that still doesn’t make it okay for everyone to accuse us of doing something we’re not.

“Okay I get your point, I won’t hold his hand, it’s not like it means anything anyway.” I replied as I picked at my chips not really hungry anymore.

“Look who’s finally arrived,” Rian said as he looked towards the door as Alex came through the door looking as rough as ever. He slowly made his way over to the table and stood there.
“Holly, can I talk to you?” He asked as he averted his eyes away from everyone else.
“Yeah sure,” I said as I got up and followed Alex out of the cafeteria.
“What happened to you?” I asked as soon as we got outside and sat down against the wall.
“I don’t know where to start, the guy, the bedroom, them doing whatever they were doing, the pub, the drinking and the gutter.”

“Woah Alex slow down, come on I’m taking you home and you can get changed and have something to eat.” I said as I grabbed his hand as helped him pull himself up.
We walked over to his car as I got in the driver’s seat and pulled out of the school gates. Once I got him home I told him to go have a shower and get changed while I make him something to eat. I don’t know why I was being nice to him. He’d ignored us all but obviously something had gone on and he wasn’t dealing with it very well at all so I felt the need to make sure he was okay.

I pulled out the bread and cheese and made a few toasted sandwiches and poured a glass of water for us both. Once I had finished and they were sitting on the bench Alex came down and sat on the stool in front of me.

“How are you feeling now?” I asked noticing that he looked a lot better than before.
“I’m a bit better, but the images in my head tell a completely different story,” he replied as he took a bite of his sandwich and chewed it slowly.
“Tell me what happened from start to finish,” I said.

“I only remember arriving at her house and seeing another car out the front, I didn’t think anything of it because her mother always had people over. But they weren’t visitors for her mother, it was a guy and I only got to the door and realized what they were doing, she saw me though, she knew I’d seen and I wasn’t going back there, ever again. I didn’t know what to do after I’d seen that, so I went to the pub and drank, a lot. I didn’t want to come back here because I was so messed up and confused I didn’t know what to do and I’d already caused you enough pain and I didn’t want to come crawling back to you. So I just stayed at some trashy hotel and kept drinking. But one night I took it too far and I didn’t know where I was and I ended up in some gutter in some street in some town” He explained as a tear slid down my cheek, I felt so bad. We’d all been accusing him of having a holiday with Courtney when he was in the most vulnerable state I’d ever seen anyone.
“The rest of the week was a blur, I don’t remember that much and I’m glad that you’re here for me, I don’t know what I would’ve done if I hadn’t of realized that you were here” He said as he looked into my tear stained eyes.

“Sorry I didn’t mean to make you cry” He said as he looked down.
“Don’t apologise at all, it’s just we all thought that you’d gone away with Courtney and all the guys were making jokes about what you two would get up to and it’s the complete opposite and I feel so bad” I explained.
“Don’t feel bad at all, thank you for understanding though it means a lot to me” He replied as he finished his sandwiches.

After that we just sat down on the couch and watched movies for the rest of the day, Alex’s mum was pleased that he was home. He made up some lie that he’d been staying at my house and totally forgot to tell her. She believed him none the less and we watched more movies.
All of a sudden he jumped off the couch and ran up stairs and into his room; I followed just to make sure he was alright.

“Sorry just had a great idea for a song, had to write it down” He smiled as he scribbled words into a black book. I know it was just a smile but it was a positive look from where I was standing, and I don’t think it was going to take him long to recover. But for now he was doing just fine and I hope he knows that I’m here for him, where ever when ever.

He dropped the book onto the ground and lied down on his bed.

“Come lie next to me,” He said patting the spot next to him. I trudged over and laid down moved closer to him and rested my head on his chest.
“Thank you, for everything,” He whispered.
“Don’t mention it, you deserve way better and I want to show you that.” I whispered back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well this was a long one and eventful but things are starting to find there place, or are they?
Comment and updates will be quick :D