Everybody's Singing Like They're Crazy In Love

Chapter 6

A few hours later Alex and I woke up as we’d fallen asleep on his bed, I must admit he was pretty comfy. It was around 7pm when we got up and Mrs. Gaskarth had made some dinner and even let my mum know that I was over here. Hopefully she went along with Alex’s story, she normally did though. We all sat down at the table including Alex’s older sister Rebecca, she’d just flown in from Canada this evening so they were all catching up.

“So Holly, how did you meet Alex?” Rebecca asked.

“Well ,we met at the café down the road and we found out that we live next door to each other” I replied as I continued to eat the pasta that was in front of me.

She seemed like a really nice person, a lot like Alex as well, which was kind of cool because I got a long with Alex really well, so I’d probably be seeing more of her around. After we finished dinner we all sat down on the couch and Rebecca passed around photos of where’d she had been, the views and scenery that she’d seen were just breath taking. As it reached 9pm I excused myself from the conversation and said goodbye to everyone.

“Thank you Mrs Gaskarth for the lovely meal” I said as I grabbed my bag and books from the bench.
“Please don’t mention it, it was great to finally meet you and have you around. Hopefully we’ll be seeing more of you now” She said looking at Alex.

I said goodbye to Rebecca and Alex’s dad and made my way out the front door with Alex and around to my house.

“Thank you again for everything today, even the way you supported me while I totally ignored you for 2 weeks” He explained.

“Like I said you don’t need to thank me, you’ve been through a rough month and it’s time to forget and move on, look into the future and aspire to be whoever you want to be” I said laughing at myself as Alex let out a chuckle.

“Well, you better get inside and go to bed, school tomorrow” I said as I hugged him and walked into my house.

I quietly walked up the hallway until the lights came on in the kitchen and scared me.
“Oh, it’s only you. I thought you were some burglar” Mum said as she put the kettle on.
“Well I’m home, I’m going to bed I’ll see you in the morning” I replied as I quickly made my way to my room.
“Not so fast young lady” Mum said as she stood in the hallway.
“Do you want to tell me where Alex really was?” She said

“Look his been going through some really hard times and he wasn’t ready to tell his mum so he just said it, I wasn’t going to jump up and tell the truth he just needed to know that I was there for him” I explained.

“Well if you say so, but next time can you text me or something and let me know?” She asked
“Sure, thanks mum.” I said as I kissed her on the cheek and made my way to bed.

I couldn’t help but get out of bed and sit at my window and look into his room, he was in there just lying on his bed. I grabbed my phone and texted him.
“You look cute lying there”

I waited until I saw him pick up his phone and smirked at it. He looked up and smiled.
“You look cute all the time and you don’t even need to try” He replied as the butterflies started in my stomach.

I blushed and looked back at him as he opened his window right up, I got off the chair and opened mine too and sat on the ledge.

“Hi stranger” He said to me as he climbed onto the tree that was in our backyard.
“What are you doing Alex, get down before you hurt yourself,” I said sternly.
“I’m not going to fall, I’m Tarzan, duhh.” He replied as he made his way towards my window.
“What are you doing?”I asked as he reached my window.

“Coming into your room, so that I can get to sleep,” He smiled as he made his way over to my bed I watched as he pulled off his top and chucked it on the ground climbing under my covers and closing his eyes.
I shut my window and watched him as he opened one eye to see what I was doing.
“Close your eyes pervert I’m getting changed” I said as I decided to go into my bathroom anyway. Once I was changed I opened the door and entered my bedroom, only to find Alex curled up in a ball snoring softly. I crept over and got in as I turned off the light and snuggled in next to him, Alex only moving his arm around my waist. I didn’t know what this was, I wasn’t going to lie and say I didn’t like it because that would be a lie. But things were looking up and I liked that.
_ _ _ _ _
In the morning I made sure that I woke up an hour early just so mum wouldn’t come in and find Alex in my bed, which could be a little awkward. I shook Alex slightly and watched as he just rolled over, not waking at all.

“Alex” I whispered as he opened his eyes and smiled at me. “We have to get up, and you have to get out of my bed” I said as I pulled the blanket off of him, revealing his toned chest and pyjama pants. I just smirked to myself on the inside hiding my blush by turning around.

“You liked that view didn’t you?” He asked as he got out and pulled his shirt on and walked over to me.
“Hurry up and leave before my mother comes in, she will freak if she finds you in here,” I said as I shooed him away from me.

“Okay okay I’m going, but not before I get a kiss on the cheek” he replied as he stuck out his cheek, I slowly pecked him on the cheek and watched him climb back into his room shutting the window as he got in. I turned around and decided to take a shower and then get dressed. I turned on the water making sure that the temperature was right before stepping in, after about 5 minutes I decided to stop wasting water and get out. I dried myself off and walked into my room to get changed. I pulled on my dark denim skinny jeans and my floral looking top and grabbed my school bag with everything in it.

I hurried out of my room, in some happy mood this morning which my mother noticed, I don’t know how though.
“You’re in a happy mood this morning” she said as I greeted her at the bench.
“I am?” I asked
“Yes you’re normally not that eager to get to school, anyone special at school these days I should know about?”

It might have something to do with the boy next door, who is pretty damn cute, totally amazing oh and he slept in my bed last night. No there’s no one. “No, not at all” I replied
“Well hurry up and get ready Alex rang to say that he was taking you out to breakfast and wanted you over at his house as soon as you were up” She replied smiling at herself.
“I swear there is nothing going on between us, honest” I replied.
“I didn’t even say anything and you’re defending yourself” She replied.
“Bye mum see you after school” I said as I went out the front door and around onto Alex’s porch, I lightly knocked on the door which Alex answered.

“Long time no see” He said with a smirk as he pecked me on the cheek and closed the door behind him.
“Too long” I replied.
We got into Alex’s car and he drove out of the street down towards town to get some breakfast.
“What do you feel like this morning?” he asked.
“Hmm, I’m not sure you choose,” I answered.
“Is the café alright?” He asked
“Its fine, you know I could’ve just had breakfast at home and saved you all of this time,” I replied.
“But I want to spend more time with you, without the others. It’s nice when it’s just us.” He replied simply.

We got out of the car and walked into the café hand in hand. I was starting to get use to this and I don’t know it was something that mum said, maybe I was falling for him, maybe I did like him. But I didn’t want to rush something, especially when his just come out of a relationship, and besides we only have a term left of school and I’ll be going back to Australia, so was there really any point?

We took a seat at the back and looked through the menus that the waitress had given us. I decided to order the fruit salad and yoghurt as I wasn’t really hungry and I was still tossing up the idea of having to move back to Australia. Now that I’d brought it up, it was definitely something that was going to stay on my mind.

We quickly started chatting about anything and everything and Alex with his huge ego decided that he’d tell me how amazing last night was, although we only slept in the same bed and didn’t do anything. He’s decided that he wants to make a habit of it. Hey I wasn’t complaining but just when I thought that we could go back to a friend’s basis, I couldn’t say no, and before you ask no I haven’t told any of them that I’m going back after this term, I want to go to university not college and at the moment that’s where my life’s set.

But I didn’t know how to slow things down I was falling for this boy, and I certainly didn’t know how to stop it, and I didn't think I wanted to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I really didn't expect to have this finished this quickly, but here you go.
It's a tad a of a filler but it shows where Holly sees everything from, oh and there is going to be drama packed in the next couple of chapters so keep the comments up and tell people to read my story :)