Your Eyes Shine Like The Stars At Night

The End

Image

“Back on the road again,” Seth sighed contently.

“It’s bittersweet,” I said. “I’m so happy to be touring again, but I miss my family. And surprisingly, that includes my sister and her son Parker. I don’t really miss her husband, though…” I chuckled.

“So you two are getting along again?” Darren questioned unbelievably.

“Yep,” I confirmed happily. “She invited me to her Christmas dinner and we got everything straightened out.”

“That’s great, Scarlett,” Josh smiled.

“Thanks.” I could hide my grin.

-------

The first show back from Christmas break was better than I could have imagined, and it went on without a hitch. The meet and greet was amazing; it was always nice to meet new fans and connect with them.

“Scarlett, where are you going?” Jack asked with a chuckle as I was walking back to my bus.

“Where does it look like I’m going, Barakat?”

“The wrong place,” he shrugged.

“Where should I be going?”

“With me.”

“With you where…?” I loved Jack, but he was so weird sometimes.

“Hmm…” he looked around, straining to see in the distance through the oncoming darkness. “There.” He pointed to a bench on the other side of the street where no one else was.

Jack grabbed my hand, intertwining his fingers with mine. We sat down next to each other on the bench, and he wrapped his arms around my waist, nuzzling his head into my neck.

“I love you, Jacky,” I whispered.

“I love you, too, Scarlett,” he replied just as softly.

I exhaled contently, just enjoying the moment of being alone with Jack. It was so dark that the outline of his figure was the only thing I could see.

“There’s something I want to tell you,” he said suddenly.

I perked up, listening.

“I wanted to-”

Jack! Where the hell have you been?” Alex asked, running over to us, ruining our moment.

“Um, on this bench, obviously,” Jack snapped, agitated that he’d gotten cut off mid-sentence.

“We’ve been looking for you! Matt wants to talk to us about something.”

Jack exhaled angrily, standing up and kissing me softly. “Sorry. Meet me back here in like… Alex, how long will this take?”

“Uh, twenty minutes, maybe?” Alex responded.

“Meet me back here in twenty minutes,” Jack chuckled, smiling at me.

I nodded, watching as Alex and Jack retreated to the All Time Low bus. Instead of going anywhere, I just sat back down, figuring I’d just enjoy the cool night breeze and think until Jack returned.

In a matter of about four and a half months, I’d gained more than I’d lost years ago. It took time, but apparently time was what I needed. When I was young, I was dealing with a deadly eating disorder, a sibling rivalry that would follow me out of high school, no future or career plan, and a broken heart from all the boys who wouldn’t look at me because of my body. Now, I felt luckier than ever. I had friends, a career, thriving health, a mended family, and best of all, a boyfriend who loved me for myself. I couldn’t even remember a time in my whole life where I’d ever been as happy as I was now. This was where I belonged, and finally, I was the person I wanted to be.

My head snapped up when I heard a branch crack, and I saw a dark figure walk up to me. “Hey, Scarlett,” a soothing voice I’d come to know as Jack Barakat’s greeted. “I’m back.”

“Has it been twenty minutes already?” I asked incredulously.

“It’s been like, thirty, actually,” he laughed, sitting next to me.

“Wow, it felt like five…” I muttered.

“It felt like forever to me, without you there with me.”

“Shut up, Jack. Quit being so mushy,” teased.

“You love it.”

“I do, I do,” I nodded. “What was your meeting about?”

“Matt just wanted to scold us for being late to bus call yesterday, or whatever,” he shrugged. “Anyway, back to what I was saying before. I need to talk to you about something.”

“I’m listening.”

He turned his body towards me and held my hands in his. “Scarlett, I love you. More than anything. Since the first time I saw you, I knew you were the one. I mean, sure, I ended up vomiting the first time I saw you, but..." he chuckled. "That was only because I was so nervous. You make me nervous, Scarlett. Even though we're together, I'm still nervous about screwing up or acting like an idiot in front of you. You’re everything I could ever want: you’re beautiful, smart, funny, you listen well, you don’t judge me… You’re perfect.”

I didn’t know what to say; all that I could do was feel my cheeks ignite. I had no idea what he was getting at.

He sighed, composing himself to continue. “And that’s why…I want you to have this.” He released my hands, digging in his pocket. I couldn’t make out what he was holding due to the darkness, but I could tell it was small.

I heard a pop, and the object he was holding opened. I squinted my eyes, adjusting to the lack of light. It was a ring.

“Jack… This isn’t…” I whispered, speechless.

“No, it’s not an engagement ring,” he shook his head. “It’s a promise ring. A promise that we’ll be together forever, and that when we’re both ready, we’ll take that next step.”

“Like, marriage?” I asked, still awestruck.

“Yeah. But not until we’re both ready. Because I love you more than anyone or anything, and I don’t want to rush you into something or strain our relationship. I love you too much to do that. But I want to promise you that we’re forever.”

Tears blurred my vision, making the obscure scenery even more hard to see through the tears and darkness. I slipped my hand out, and he slid the ring on my finger.

“I know you can’t read it in the dark, but it’s engraved. It’s says, 'Dream come true' because you’re everything I’ve ever dreamed about.”

I wrapped my arms around his neck, sniffling from the tears, but smiling through it all. “You’re all I’ve ever dreamt for, too, Jacky,” I said softly. “I love you.”

“I love you too. Forever.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww! How cute :)

I'm sad that it's over, but...I basically accomplished everything I wanted to with this story, and it had to end.

I'd love to hear your opinion on the story, please and thank you!!

I just got my laptop back from being repaired today! Woohoo! So now I can finally resume writing, updating, commenting, etc. As for "Get A Grip", all of you who are asking about it, I just want you to know that it is ON IT'S WAY! I'm working laboriously on it, trying my damndest to make it the best story I've ever done, and I obviously haven't had a laptop to write it for a few days, but it is coming and it will kick your ass. Get ready!

I have two other active stories that you should check out and comment on!
Writing You A Symphony Of Sound featuring Jack Barakat
and
Get A Grip On The Fact That We Don't Last featuring Alex Gaskarth.

Follow me on Twitter and Tumblr! :D