Status: Active.

They Call Her Special

Chapter-3

I got dizzy, and felt a little nauseas. I stumbled backward, but felt someone catch me. Mother and Father had immediately rushed over to me when they had seen the image in my head, but it was only a blur.
“You alright?” Father asked me as he carefully pushed me back up. I kept my palms on my forehead and nodded, blinking my eyes again, and again.
Mother had a smile on her face, “She's catching on faster then I thought she would have.” she stated.
Wait, what?
“I'm not too sure that what just happened had to do with her abilities developing.” Father said to her, seeming almost nervous. His hands were still on my back, “Dad, I'm fine.” I told him, taking a small step forward so his hands left my back.
“We can't track it.” Mother said, shaking her head, I knew Father was thinking the same thing.
“So, what just happened?” I asked. This was so weird. “Not too sure,” Father said. I looked towards Mother, “I think you're beginning to see thoughts, or either the future, I'm not too worried about it dear.” She pushed my hair from my face and smiled at me, I returned her smile, hoping that it wasn't a big deal.
“Well, it scared me, that's for sure.” I told them both as I walked over to get my yogurt. I sensed Father’s concern.
Mother was the type of person to not think about the bad things, Father was always the worried one, sometimes I even thought he worried too much.
I took a deep breath and turned back around towards my parents, “So... I’m alright, I’m going to get ready for school.” Mother nodded, and Father looked at her with a somewhat worried look on his face. I smiled.
“Dad.” I said as I walked towards him and placed my right hand on his left shoulder, “I’m alright.” He nodded, I saw a faint smile appear on his face.
Don’t worry.
-
I could've walked to school each morning, but either Father, or Mother would drive me instead. I never figured out why.
That morning it was Father who drove me, meaning I arrived in the black Mustang. Whenever Mother drove me, it was always the Shelby cobra, and when I was finally allowed to go get my license, it would be the dark purple Porsche.
But for now... the mustang would have to do.
I threw my bag in the back and got in the car, then carefully closed the door, my dad hated it when you slammed things.
Father eventually walked out of the house and got in the car, I was fixing my makeup in the tiny mirror when he closed his door.
“Ready?” he asked. I nodded and put the mirror away.
-
After a five minute drive of silence between my Father and I, I was walking through my high school doors and walking to my locker.
I carried a black and white duffle bag, my pink and black converse (Since I had Physical Education first period, I was wearing my nike hi-tops) and my chap stick while I walked.
No one said hello, no one waved. I had gotten used to it long ago.
“Excuse me.” I said, trying to sound friendly. There was a boy leaning against my locker, facing away from me. He turned around, “Oh, sorry.” he said with a smile. He quickly moved off of my locker. “Thank you.” I replied without looking at him.
My locker didn’t have a lock, I didn’t see the need for one. I lifted the latch and hung my duffle bag on one of the hooks in the middle of the locker. I sensed the boy still behind me, I knew that he was a new student, I didn’t recognize his face.
I already found him mystifying.
I threw my converse on the top shelf, and put my chap stick in my right pocket.
I then closed my locker and turned around to see the boy looking at me in a very abnormal way. I returned an uncertain look.
We both stood at my locker, staring at each other oddly for what seemed like hours to me, still with the same expressions.
Then it hit me.
“Where you from?” I asked. He almost seemed surprised, but he calmly replied “I’ve always lived here, but my parents found it necessary to home school me.” I nodded and told him.
You’re lying.
He smirked, like he was waiting for me to talk through thoughts with him. He then replied.
You’re smarter then you look.
I couldn’t help but snicker. I didn’t reply for quite a while, I didn’t quite know what to say.
I found it nice to actually talk to someone, especially a boy, but the best part was that he was like me. He was special.
This was going to be marvelous.