Status: In progress! That's right! I'm back!

That Last Little Spark

Sixty One

The moment wouldn't last, however, as both of their cell phones started to ring. Bam groaned and seriously considered not answering, but as Jess sighed and put her hands on his chest to get up, he pulled back.

But he was happy to see the name that showed up on the caller ID. A man none other than Ville Valo of HIM.

"Bam, we still on for the rest of the week?" his accented voice said through the faintly crackling line.

"Shit, Ville. I forgot you were coming over here for awhile. I'm in New York City...at my girlfriend's, actually." his voice dropped slightly lower at the word 'girlfriend'.

"You're not back with Jen again, are you?" the Finnish man sounded shocked, and slightly horrified.

"No! Someone I knew back in high school." Bam corrected quickly and looked over his shoulder to where Jess was in the kitchen with her back to him, talking to whoever had called her.

"Well...our plane's going to land in New York City...can I meet this charming young lady who managed to put up with you in high school?" Ville laughed.

"Yeah! What time do you land? I was gonna take her out to dinner, you wanna come too?" Bam offered.

"No, thank you. How about we meet up afterward?" Ville suggested.

"Sure, I think she's gotta work tonight, though, so we'll probably just hang out at the club she works at. You gotta hear her play piano, Ville. She's amazing." Bam grinned.

“I’ve heard her play before.” Ville laughed.

“You have?” Bam asked in confusion.

“Yes, awhile ago. We’re boarding now. See you in a few hours.” Ville laughed even more as he hung up, leaving Bam to stare at his phone in even more confusion.
♠ ♠ ♠
It feels like it's getting harder to keep commenters and subscribers. I mean, I love every one of you that comment all the time, but sometimes I wonder what you other 100+ readers/subscribers think. I promise I don't bite!

Extra: I'm going back to do some editing here and there to make this story flow a little bit better. My earlier chapters [like the first chapter] make me cringe when I see the spelling mistakes and the thoughts and ideas that lead to nowhere.

EDIT 10/30: the next chapter of this story should be out by Monday afternoon at the latest.

Wanna see my Halloween costume?
Doing a practice test on my paint and trying out my hat...
Image
Image
Tragically beautiful.
Beautifully tragic
Wonderfully Wicked.

Elphaba!