Ignorance is Bliss

o2.

My head spun as I tried to sit up. Rubbing my eyes, I smoothed down my hair as best as I could, and looked around the room. Oh, major hangover. Not pretty.

Where the hell was I?

My mind racked for answers or memories from last night. Okay, party, drinks, Chloe, Trent, TRENT! Fuck. And now I was waking up on a bed. Oh God, I was afraid to look down and see him there. I counted to three, and then glanced down beside me. And there he was. I looked down at myself, and felt a sigh of relief as I noticed all my clothes were still intact. Minus the jacket and shoes.

I stretched, and then stood up.

Not such a good idea. The room spun, and I suddenly felt a rush of dizziness as I fell back down.

“Having technical difficulties?”

I looked over my shoulder to find him grinning at me, propped up on one elbow.

“Yeah, a little bit,” I mumbled, fighting a smile.

He nodded and stood up, walking over to my side of the bed and picked me up, setting me on the ground.

“You good?”

“Actually, it feels like a grenade went off inside my head, but otherwise, yeah. Thanks.”

I tried not to notice how his hand was still on my elbow, steadying me, or how his eyes seemed to light up as he listened to me talk, studying my face intently. I really, really tried not to.

He laughed and released me. “Well, uh, I guess we should get going. I don’t even know who’s house this is.”

“Me neither, I came with my friend.”

“Oh…I thought I saw you with Chloe Blexis.”

“Yeah.”

“Oh. I didn’t know you were friends with her.”

What was that supposed to mean?

“Yep…well…I guess I don’t seem like her type. I’m not popular enough, right?”

He laughed awkwardly. “No, I mean, I didn’t mean it like that.”

“What did you mean then?” I cocked my eyebrow up, waiting for his response.

“I don’t know, I just-“ he ran his hand through his shaggy brunette hair. “I guess I just meant- I mean I don’t normally see you at these type of things. You don’t really seem like the partying type.”

“Oh. Yeah. I guess you’re kind of right.”

We walked silently down the hallway and towards the stairs, stepping over other drunk teenagers sprawled out on the carpeted floor. I laughed, poking Trent and pointing at a few of them.

He stuck his tongue out at me. “And we thought you had too much to drink.”

“Yeah, guess not that much,” I said, staring up at his face. Why did I keep doing that? My eyes slowly scanned over his red sweater, which slightly hugged his body, showing off his well-formed chest, and his loose jeans. I blinked and looked forward. I had to stop doing that.

“So, you good with a ride and everything?” he asked.

“Oh, uhm, yeah, I can call someone.”

“Are you sure? I can take you home if you want.”

That would be a disaster waiting to happen, and I knew it. I already was fighting to not grab his hand and run back upstairs and start where we left off. That sounded horrible, I know. But it was true. And it was getting kind of weird, even to me. I hadn’t ever wanted to be with someone like this before. Or this much.

“No, no. I’m sure I can find Chloe around here somewhere.”

“Okay, well call me if something doesn’t work out, alright?”

Call him if something didn’t work out? I think we both knew that I didn’t have his number, and he didn’t have mine.

He stood there, waiting. Wow. Smooth move.

“Yeah sounds good. Oh, wait. Uh,” I flipped open my phone, pretending to check for contacts, “I don’t think I have your number.”

“Oh, here, I’ll put it in,” He said, grinning and playing along.

“Okay, thanks…well…I’ll see you at school, I guess?”

“Yeah.” He nodded, and started to turn around. But he spun back around, placed his hand on my cheek, and kissed me on the forehead. “See ya at school.”

He paused to look at me for a moment, and then walked out the front door towards his car.

Oh my.
♠ ♠ ♠
...Guys, really?

I haven't gotten any comments. No subscribers. 4 readers.
Sigh.

I think I might cry :[