Status: Completed

Behind These Hazel Eyes

Happy Ending

I sit up in my bed and yawn. Memories flood my brain and I smile happily. I open my eyes and suddenly I realize something is wrong. I must be dreaming because there is no way this could be real. This can't be happening. I pinch my arm to make sure I am awake. It hurts so I can't possibly be dreaming. I really am awake. “Julia! Julia!” I run out of my room and down the stairs, tripping across the floor. I stand up quickly and run into the kitchen. “Julia!”

“What's wrong?” she sounds alarmed.

“I can see you!” I hug her tightly.

“What? You can see me?”

“Yeah,” I nod. “I can't believe it. I can see you! I can see!” It's the happiest moment of my life. I cry tears of joy. We both do.

When we finally calm down a tiny bit we sit at the table, both of us smiling. “Thank God you can see. It's a miracle Jaden.”

“I know.”

“What changed? What made you see again?”

“I don't know....” I am so excited I can barely think. And then I realize what it is. “Last night when you were gone I told Evan I trust him....”

“You did?”

I nod. “Don't be mad.”

“I'm not. I'm really really happy.”

“Me too. Julia, you're beautiful.”

“Thanks, you're not so bad yourself little brother.”

I run to the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror. I remember how Evan said my hazel eyes sparkle when I'm happy. It's true. I haven't seen myself in two years and now I can. It's incredible. I look around my house at everything and then I look out the window. Birds are singing and the sun is shining. Finally I can see the light. “Call Evan,” Julia tells me. I call him quickly.

“Evan, you need to get over here right now!” I tell him then hang up.

“What is it?” he runs in quickly, sounding worried and scared. I stare at him in awe and smile.

“Evan I can see. I can see you,” I tell him.

“Really?” he gasps in shock.

“Really,” I reply and Julia nods.

He hugs me tightly and kisses my cheek. I hug him too. “This is amazing Jade.”

“Yeah it is...and so are you. I wouldn't be anywhere without you. This was the best summer ever. Thank you for everything.”

He looks at me, smiling happily.

“You're gorgeous,” I tell him.

“You too.”

“I love you so much Evan.”

“I love you too, always and forever.”

“Always and forever,” I agree.

We kiss and embrace tightly, happily. They say love is blind but love is what gave me the miracle of seeing again. Everything is beautiful and wonderful. I know this is just the beginning of our amazing life together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to all my readers and commenters and subscribers. I love you all. This was my first original story and I doubted that it was good. I would have given up on it if it wasn't for you guys. You encouraged me to continue writing it and you made me smile. You gave me hope and faith in myself as a writer. Thank you so much <3