So Vindictive.

That Every Word By Design, Turns A Head;

I woke up the next morning to my mom yelling as she entered the apartment. I groaned and rolled over, looking at the clock. It was seven in the morning. I rolled my eyes and curled back up into a ball on my bed.

Alex had really gotten to me. I missed him.

"JAMIE, GET YOUR ASS OUT OF BED." She yelled, storming into my room.
"What do you want from me?" I growled.
"Alex is home. He refuses to see you though." She said calmly. "What did you do?"
"What did I do?!" I asked incredulously, hopping out of bed.
"Yes, Jamie. What did you do?" She rested her hands on her hips.
"Nothing." I muttered. "Can you please leave?" I asked, pointing to the door.
"I'm going to find out one way or another, Jamie." She said lowly.

I sighed, hearing her slam the front door. I walked out to the kitchen and grabbed an apple off the counter top, taking a bite. I sat down on the bar stool, resting my elbows on the counter top.

The sun was shining through the windows, making me feel more awake. Alex refused to see me. Awesome.

I finished my apple and went to my room, picking out a black v-neck, a pair of shorts, and a pair of white slip on vans. I straightened my hair and applied light make up.

My phone began to ring. I picked it up without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I said, annoyed.
"Honey, come over to the Gaskarth's." My mom sighed.
"I was getting ready to go over to Miranda's." I mumbled.
"I think this is more important." She said before hanging up.

I shoved my phone into my pocket and grabbed my car keys, heading down the stairs. I found my car and started the ignition, heading over to the Gaskarth's. Traffic was light so I made it over there in no time.

I pulled into the driveway, hopping out. I noticed all of the band members cars were here, even Jack's. I walked inside, seeing everyone standing in the kitchen. Alex was sitting on the couch, looking at his hands blankly.

Jack walked over to me, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"What happened? Everyone looks like someone just died." I said sarcastically.

Jack coughed awkwardly and scratched the back of his neck.

"Alex's dad passed away." He said quietly.

My face softened. I glanced at Alex, he was looking up at us, a confused expression on his face.

"He probably needs you more than ever. Go talk to him." Jack said, placing his hand on the small of my back, ushering me towards Alex. I looked back at him, biting my lip. All he did was nod.

I took a seat next to Alex, looking at him. He refused to make eye contact, and when he finally did, tears brimmed his eyes. Alex collapsed into my lap, sobbing uncontrollably. I didn't know what to do. I put my hand to his back, rubbing circles with my thumbs.

"Why?" Alex muttered into the stomach of my shirt.

I bit my lip.

"I'm sorry Alex." I whispered, kissing his forehead.
"I just don't understand." He shook his head. "I was gone for a few weeks." He sobbed.
"Things happen, Alex." I tried to comfort him.
"No. Every one hates me right now. I got in a fight with my best friend, my fucking wife doesn't even love me. What's the point?" Alex asked, looking up at me.

Alex and I were called into the kitchen. Mrs. Gaskarth was sobbing into my mom's shoulder, and my mom was trying to do everything to comfort her. Nothing seemed to be working.

My dad stood around, his arms folded across his chest. I couldn't read his facial expression.

I wrapped my arms around Alex's waist, looking up at him. I pressed my lips against his.

"I do love you, Alex."
♠ ♠ ♠
suckkkky.
it gets better.