So Vindictive.

Waiting on a second hand pick me up;

The dinner was moving along slowly. Mrs. Gaskarth was giving me the third degree, and I was about ready to crack.

"Children?" She asked, wiping the corners of her lips with her napkin.
"Not yet." I shook my head, biting my lip.

Mrs. Gaskarth gave me a dirty look and finished up her mashed potatoes. Alex's elbow was resting on the table, a look of pure boredom planted firmly on his face. His mouth was slightly open as he stared at the hot waitress serving other tables around us.

I hit his arm, grabbing his attention.

"What?" He groaned, blinking a couple of times.
"Stare a little harder and maybe she'll hover." I said sarcastically.
"Go choke on a dick." Alex chuckled, shoving me playfully.

My mother gave us a concerned look and nudged Mrs. Gaskarth in the shoulder. They whispered something in eachothers' ears and turned away, smiling at the both of of us. Probably happy to see us getting along.

"What do you two have going on tonight?" My dad asked, smiling.
"Alex might go out with the guys tonight." I shrugged.
"If I do, Jamie's coming along." Alex smiled, resting his hand on my upper thigh.
"That's great!" My mother exclaimed.

I nodded and placed my silverwear on the plate, declaring that I was done with dinner.

"Are you paying?" I asked my mother.
"Yeah, if you guys want to head out, that's fine with me." My mother smiled.

I nodded and linked fingers with Alex.

"Let's go." I said softly, tugging him upwards.
"I was serious about you hanging out with us tonight. We're just going to hang out at Rian's." Alex smiled, opening the restaurant door for me. I slipped outside in the warm weather, the sun had already set, but the orange and pink hue was still in the sky.

Alex opened the car door for me. I slipped inside and buckled up, watching him walked in front of the car. His face expression was grim, almost as if he didn't want to be here with me. I didn't blame him, I didn't want to be here with him either.

Alex slid into the car and started the ignition. We drove to our apartment in complete silence. My cellphone began to rang, startling the both of us.

"Hello?" I answered, running a hand through my hair.
"Hey girl." Miranda greeted. "What are you doing tonight?"
"Maybe hanging out with Alex, why?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.
"Can I come with? Brian kicked me out of the house tonight." She sighed. She almost sounded like she had been crying.

"Can Miranda hang out tonight?" I asked Alex, looking at him.
"I don't care." Alex shrugged, keeping his eyes on the road.
"Yeah, sure." I said to Miranda, smiling.

Alex's POV

Jamie and I arrived at the apartment. She walked up the stairs quickly, leaving me behind. I heard the door slam halfway up the stairs and I took a seat on the last step, my face in my palms.

My attempts in trying to be nice with Jamie and trying to connect with her, hadn't worked the whole night. Maybe once in awhile she would lighten up, but then she would let her gloominess engulf her once again. Arranged marriage's were a bitch.

I pulled out my phone and called Jack, leaning against the railing of the stairs.

"Hey man." Jack answered the phone.
"Hey, what's up?" I asked, looking at the sky.
"Just over at Rian's. When you showing up?" He asked.
"Whenever Jamie's friend arrives. They're both coming with." I sighed.
"Tight." Jack laughed.
"I'll be over in a little bit."
"Alright." Jack paused, "See you in a lil'."

The dial tone greeted me all too soon and I slammed my phone shut. I looked up to see Jamie's friend walking up the stairs. She smiled at me and stopped at the step in front of me.

"Jamie kick you out of the house?" She joked.
"Nah, I just need fresh air." I shrugged.

Miranda nodded and walked up the rest of the way. I followed her up and closed the apartment door behind her. Jamie was sitting at the counter top, a tub of Ben and Jerry's cookies and cream wrapped in her hands. She shoved a spooful in her mouth as she looked at us.

"Why so glum?" Miranda asked, walking over to her.
"Parents." Jamie mumbled.

I walked past them and went to my room, rummaging through my suitcase for lounging clothes. I still hadn't got unpacked since we moved in. I pulled a plain red t-shirt over my head and slipped on a pair of dark skinny jeans. I put my flip flops on my feet and walked out to the bathroom, fluffing my hair with my hand. I ran water over my face and leaned my forehead against the mirror.

"Alex!" Jamie called out.
"Bathroom!" I called back.

I heard Jamie walk down the hallway and stop in the door way of the bathroom.

"Do you spend the majority of your time in the bathroom?" Jamie asked sarcastically.

"Yeah." I rolled my eyes sarcastically.
"Rian just called my cell. Something bad happened to Jack. He wants us over there quickly." Jamie said seriously, her face becoming glum again.

Jack was hurt? My bestfriend Jack? I ran out of the bathroom and grabbed my keys off the counter top. I ran out of the door and stopped at the stairs.

"GET YOUR ASSES OUT HERE OR IM LEAVING YOU!" I yelled, worried as hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
predictions?
i felt i should show some bromance between jack and alex.

thank you guys for the ten stars. :D