Status: Complete

Mistaken Love

Date night and devious dads

Image

A dark figure watched as a boy pull on a nice pin striped blazer. His pants were a bit too tight and he once again lacked the gel to keep the hair out of his face. The dark figure laughed quietly as he made his way back downstairs. Walking into the kitchen he was met with another man.

"The boys grown up. Almost a man. He looks good."

"A pain though. This new girl has quite the effect on him. Perhaps you should wait."

"That...is not good at all. How do you expect to pay me back if you tell me to wait?"

"It's a silly girl. He'll be going to collage in a year and she'll be stuck here. Take him then."

"That's too long! The deal we made was set and I hope you plan on keeping your end of the bargain. Edward James...is MINE"
______________________________________________________________________

Lalala, oh crap. Silly me. I got nail polish on my thumb. Oh well. See I had some time after I got ready for my big date. So I'm painting my nails electric blue. I like that color. And it matches the unicorn on my bracelet. I even put a little electric blue ribbon in my hair too!
I was wearing a black and white plaid form fitting dress with black low top converse. I look...uhmm...well I'm sure he could pull the dress of better than me. And I mean if it wasn't for us going to a restaurant I'd be in pants because hello, it's freaking November. As I blew on my nails I saw the clock read 6:27. I was beginning to get jittery...he might not like the dress...or he might not show up. What if I-

All because of you,
I haven’t slept in so long.
When I do I dream of drowning in the ocean,
Longing for the shore where I can lay my head down,
I’ll follow your voice,
All you have to do is shout it out.


"He-hello?"

"You ready?"

"Uhh yes?"

"Hehe look behind you."

With a click I slowly turn around to face...my window. Confused as hell I start walking to it. I put my hands up against the glass and looked out. The tree was moving and the stars were shining. Well gee thanks Eddie...I guess.

"Boo!" a face popped up in the window.

"AHHHH" I screamed.

Laughing Eddie opened the window and hopped on my bed while I restarted my heart. That jerk. I took a deep breath but before I could speak I was pulled into a warm hug. He kissed to top of my head and dragged me down stairs. With a small black purse with white stitching I stuffed it with my cell, wallet, lip gloss, and gum. That's really all it could hold anyway. Like I said it was a small purse. As I slipped into my shoes I saw Eddie's apparel to see if I over dressed. Gulp..wow. He was sporting a nice pair of tight black jeans and nice gray button up shirt with a black and gray pin striped blazer. His black converse as usual. He looked back at me and I gave a lop sided smile. He laughed and opened the door. Motioning to a shiny black motorcycle. Since when did Eddie know how to drive a motorcycle?!

As he handed me a helmet I took a shaky step toward our ride. I glanced at Eddie making sure he knew how to ride one. As he motioned for me to get on I heard a muffled 'hang on tight'. Please let us not crash. With a turn of the handle VROOOM off we went. I clung onto to torso so hard I thought I was suffocating him. I would feel bad later but right now I didn't want to die. When we got to the destination, a nice Italian place. So typical but very romantic. He knew how to play the cards too since he also knew I loved a good pasta and shrimp dish. The sneaky fox. Get me buttered up then tell me he never wants to see me again. Haha.

We stepped off the 'bike' and in to the warm atmosphere. I felt my arms warm up and flattened my hair. The waitress lead our way to a cozy twosome table all the while giving that flirtatious smile to Eddie. Te girl was beautiful too but the funny thing was that he wasn't even peek at her. He kept a firm hold on my hand and pulled my chair out for me. She asked what we'd like to drink again not looking at me but Eddie. I growled and Eddie smiled at her nicely and said two Shirley Temples. When she walked away Eddie looked back at me whilst I froze her in the pits of hell. The way I was feeling I bet it was possible. Flirting with someone when you know they are on a date. How pathetic.

"Rory, you alright. Your eyes look murderous." Eddie grinned.

"Uhm. Yeah! Great...just peachy." I smiled up weekly.

"Jealous?" he teased.

"Wha-no. No not at all. I know whats gonna happen tonight so I shouldn't be jealous. I'm just going to except the fact.

"I don't think we're quite on the same page of what's gonna happen tonight but I hope we come to a compromise." he slyly smiled.

She came back with our drinks and asked if we knew what we wanted. Eddie got a simple spaghetti with bits of chicken. And I got a shrimp scampi. When she walked away giving a coy wink to Eddie...I wanted to jump on her back and rip her ears off. Or put a sign over Eddie. Neon lights flashing 'MINE'. I sighed and slumped back while letting out a frustrated sigh. I looked at a frowning Eddie.

"Rory...I'm not interested in her if that's what you're thinking. I'm here because of you and only you."

"But look at her, she's-"

"Nothing. Compared to you she is nothing." a genuine smile appeared.

I blushed and tried to keep from grinning. I looked at him and saw he was blushing a bit. The tiny pinkness of his cheeks made me giggle. I missed that blush. He hardly did it anymore.

"I miss that."

"Miss what?"

"Your blush. I missed it. You always did it as a kid." I informed him.

"Hmph, you blush more than I do." he stuck his upper lip out.

"Oh don't pout, it's cute." I smiled.

Instinctively I leaned forward and so did Eddie. When the waiter came with out food we had to straighten up. I really hadn't noticed how close we were until she came back. Eddie looked a tad angry too. I bit my lip from smiling smugly to the girl. She sauntered off and left us to eat. About halfway through Eddie stopped. He excused himself and walked to the restrooms running his hands through his hair. I wonder what was up with him. I shrugged and continued eating. The back of my mind kept tugging at Eddie and I soon got a little worried. I felt myself get chills as the restaurant got quiet. No more soft clinks or chattering.

I knew it was my imagination but that's what it felt like as soon as I saw him. He was outside the window staring in my direction. I slumped down a bit more and his blank face turned into a smirk. I've seen that man before...I know I have. Before I could dwell on the fact Eddie came back and snapped me out of my trance.

"Eddie...who's that man?" I asked and pointed.

As he turned around with a small smile it quickly disappeared and was replaced with wide eyes. He gulped and I saw his hands shake. Looking back at me he called the waitress over for the check. As she went off he kept side glancing at the man. My mouth opened to ask but was cut off when she came back. Eddie paid for mine and his and I felt this wasn't the time to protest so I nodded and waited for him to get up. He took my hand and we laced fingers, him squeezing mine a little tighter than necessary. When we stepped out into to chilly air I cursed myself for not brining a jacket. Eddie being Eddie gave up his. As I slipped it on the man from earlier slid out behind the corner. I instantly grabbed onto Eddie with my free hand and hid myself behind him a bit. This man scares me.

"Edward." the man said evenly.

"Mr. Randolph." Eddie said in the same even tone.

"Pleasant evening."

"Be better if you left." Eddie grumbled.

"Awww I'm hurt."

"Shouldn't you be with my dad?"

"Ahh your dad....got busy." Randolph smiled.

"What did you do?" Eddie growled.

"Nothing, nothing...yet." Randolph smirked.

"You son of a-"

"Ah-ah-aaah, watch your mouth mister. There is a lady present."

"What do you want. This night is kind of special and I'd prefer you not ruin it anymore."

"The proposition still stands you know. Your dad owes me. Why if not for me...you'd never of met her." he said motioning to me.

"Shut up. She really doesn't need to know this right now."

"Alright. I'll let you tell her. But it better be soon. Otherwise I'll just forcefully take what I need." and with a swish of his tie he left.

Little to say I was confused. I looked at his retreating form and Eddie's shaking fist. I wanted to ask what was wrong but he pulled me away and we sped off on his bike. My arms clamped around his torso wondering why he was so upset. I heard him sigh, well more like felt it. The only thing I could hear was the wind in my ear. So as he stopped at a deserted park I climbed off with him.

We went and sat on top of the monkey bars. A slight chill ran through me but Eddie's jacket kept me warm. Speaking of Eddie he was know gripping the bars as his knuckles turned white. I placed my hand on his and he looked up at me. Something written on his face and swimming in his eyes was unrecognizable. Sadness, fury, adoration? I couldn't place it. He placed his hand behind my neck and the other on my hip bringing our lips together. It wasn't soft like usual. Instead of his nice gentle kisses were replaced with hard, lip crushing, urgent and heated. I kissed back the best of my ability but He soon pulled away lightly panting. He placed another quick kiss on my lips and stared at my stunned expression.

"Wow...what was that?" I gasped.

"Rory...there's something I have to tell you." Eddie whispered.

"Can I have another kiss like that afterward?" I heard myself slip out.

"If you still like me." Eddie replied with a weak laugh.

"What do you mean?"

"Mr. Randolph...that man. See he was the one my dad paid to get me to go to that camp we met at."

"Why? Is that bad?"

"I didn't think so at first. But about 2 years ago I heard him arguing on the phone. Apparently that's the man my mom walked out on us on. So he's like my step-dad."

"I'm still confused..." I breathed out. Not liking where this was going.

"They...my mom and him want me to move with them back to Pittsburgh. And seeing that my dad doesn't want that but seeing as he has a debt to pay...he doesn't have a say in the matter." Eddie explained with a pained expression.

"WHAT!? WHEN DOES HE WANT YOU TO MOVE?!" I shrieked.
"December." Eddie gave out a whisper.

No...no no no, NO! They..he can't DO that. I...we...us. Technically speaking there isn't really an us but...I want there to be! But there can't be if he's moving. I looked at him with my mouth wide open. My throat got hot and felt like something was choking me. I gave out a shaky breath and tried to keep my tears in my eyes. As soon as one slipped the rest came pouring out.

Eddie wrapped his arms around me as I cried onto his shoulder. I don't know why I was crying. I expected a 'haha just kidding' but knew it would never come. This sucked. When we're finally together again they want to rip us apart again. Feeling as though i as soaking his shirt I tried to pulls away, only to bury my head in my hands. Eddie just kept rubbing my back saying it'll be alright. How can he just say that like it is! I suddenly became furious. Who was to tell Eddie what to do. He's 18 and he should be able to make his own decisions. That man if you can really call him that doesn't know who he is messing with. I suddenly whipped my head up and stared him straight in the eyes. The tears still cascading down my face didn't help at what I was about to do but...it can't be helped.

I let out a gasp and held my hands to my mouth. Shocked that I listened to my brain and hit Eddie. Not a slap but a punch in the shoulder. He looked a bit surprised at first but then frowned again mumbling something about deserving it. I hit him again for saying that. I felt so angry and I was throwing a fit. pounding on his shoulder. I doubt it had any affect. After about 18 hits I collapsed in his arms again bawling. A few hours later after I calmed down I still didn't look at him. We eventually moved to the slides. They were more comfy to sit on. After a few minuets of silence Eddie finally said something. A small something but it did help my pained heart.

"I'm sorry Rory." Eddie said.

"Why? You didn't do anything. I should say sorry..."

"Why? What did you do?"

"I threw a fit! I hit you...and you just let me. I've never ever thrown a fit in my life." I recalled.

"It didn't hurt Rory. No worries."

"But...you...you're dad! WHY DO THEY WANT YOU NOW?!" I screamed.

"Money...something about sending me to the right collage to marry this girl is gonna get them filthy rich." Eddie scowled.

"Married! I don't think so! You are not getting married because that girl is not good enough for you. In fact I'd like to see her try to touch you. Maybe over my dead body because you are not hers. If were gonna play that game in all technicality you're m-" silenced by those damned soft lips that send electric butterflies all throughout my body.

"Yours. I know...all yours." Eddie smiled as he released me form the kiss.

"Wh-what? Really?" I grinned childishly.

"Rory..tonight was going to be perfect. When I left for a while I was thinking of how to tell you...I realized that I'd just come out with it. I do like you Rory...a lot. Maybe more than I should. I want to kiss you whenever I feel like it, I want to let everyone know you are mine...and I'm yours." Eddie whispered.

"Eddie...me-me too." I said with tiny little tears in my eyes.

Eddie's smile was contagious. He pulled my face up to his and crashed his lips against mine. It was pure bliss. Just perfect, well as soon as he slipped his tongue in my mouth it was perfect. I thought butterflies were intense...this is nothing to comparison. I think I was actually floating. When we parted ways for air I knew I had to get better with my kissing. He took my hand and lead me to his motorcycle. I saw that his watch said 10:00 something and I wondered why we left so early. The I realized I didn't care. Tomorrow I would march up to Eddie's house and demand that Eddie stays here. I'm doing everything I can to make him stay here with me. As we zoomed to his house he slipped the bike in the garage and walked me to my door.

"You wanna come in for a bit? I'm pretty sure my mom is still at work." I smiled.

"Actually, you were suppose to come to my house..." Eddie said trailing off.

"Oh? Why?"

"I was gonna throw you on my bed and have my way with you." Eddie cheekily smiled at me. Tch the tease, well two can play that.

"My my, you move fast." I gasped in mock surprise.

"You know me." Eddie shrugged.

"You know...what if I want to throw you on my bed to have my way with you?" I smirked.

"Fine with me. Take me I'm yours." Eddie stood arms spread wide.

I moved closer to him and saw his eyes widen a little. I stood on my tip toes and giggled. I only kissed his cheek real quick. He looked at me with a pout and put his arms down as I smiled.

"Tease." He smiled.

"Yeah..that's me." I said as I opened the door.

"Oh but it's true when ever I'm around you. I just wanna pounce on you." he grinned slyly.

"Haha, well as long as we are officially official I see no problem with pouncing. Just know that the great female lioness Nala will still kick your butt." I said as he laughed and kissed me goodnight.

"See you in the morning Rory. Night." Eddie called and walked away.

"Sweet Dreams" I whispered as I saw him enter the house.

---------------------------------Eddie's P.O.V.-------------------------------------------------

As I entered the house I didn't realize I started humming. Hell I bet I could fly if I really wanted to. Smiling I walked into the living room where my dad, and Mr. Randolph, another man and...a girl. I stopped all movement and stared at all of them. The men smiling except my dad he actually looked...dare I say it. Sad? The girl looked pissed off and scowled at the floor.

"Dad?" I asked

"Eddie...this is Mr. Roth and his daughter." My dad frowned.

"Listen Edward. Mr. Roth owns that amazing school. It has that great sports program and everything." Mr. Randolph smiled.

"I don't play sports. I paint." I growled out earning a snicker form the girl.

"See that dad. He doesn't want to go. So don't force him. Lets go." The girl said quite rudely.

"Quiet!" Mr. Roth hissed. The girl merely rolled her eyes. That trait reminded me of April.

"Look, I'm tired and I want to go to sleep. May I leave?" I asked grumpily.

"Of course. Show Miss. Roth where her room is while you're at it." Mr. Randolph faked smiled.

"What?!" I groaned.

"Edward. Show your manners..they're all going to be staying with us for a while." my dad frowned the last part.

I motioned the girl to fallow me and she did. Quit fast if I may add. As we walked away and out of ear shot she grabbed my arm and made me stop. she stared me dead in the eyes and I her. She was just as unhappy about this arrangement as I was. Maybe a little more.

"Look...Eddie...I am sorry about all of this. But before you hate me I'm not some tramp who is gonna try to seduce you. Judging by your clothes, it looks like you already have a girl anyway." this girl smirked at her last statement.

"Yes I do. And I'm not going to that crummy school. No offense." I shrugged.

"None taken. Me and my boyfriend hate it there. The uniforms, the rules. I can't wait to start the school you go too. So until we find a way out of this suck fest of an idea, can we be friends?" she laughed.

"Haha sure. By they way..what's your name?" I asked.

"Emma." she smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
Thoughts?
Criticism?
//KillJayme\\