Status: Complete

Mistaken Love

Forgotten friend

Image

"I still don't know why we have to move mom" I say bitterly while packing up my books.

"Rory I don't want you growing up without friends. Living in books isn't healthy!"

"Mom! I don't want to leave. I love this town! I may not like the people but this is my home! It has been for 16 years!" I yell earning a roll of the eyes from my mom who obviously thinks I'm being stubborn.

"Rory Hannah Lynn Ska. We are moving weather you want to or not. Now I want you to pack up and I'll hear no more whining. Understand?" My mom said sternly.

I whisper quietly, "Yes."

She shakes her head and walks back down stairs. Groaning, I fall back onto my feather bed. I may not have friends but the town was nice enough. Plenty of book stores and a really awesome skate parks. Not to mention the CD store guy loves me. He's like 30 so don't get any ideas, I'm a valuable customer.

Getting up off my bed I sigh. Looking around this room I know I'll miss it. The pale pink carpet was stained with kool-aid and pop. My white walls we once covered in posters of bands and pictures of me and Eddie. Now they were plain with tape marks every ware. Not to mention a giant hole in the wall from where I chucked a roller blade at it. I was 15 and Laura had pissed me off. When I got home... KABAM! And it's been there behind a Suburban Legends poster ever since.

Hours pass and everything is in the moving van and I'm in the car with my mom listening to my iPod, cruising down some deserted road. Sum 41 is blasting in my ears as we take a sharp turn and hit a pot hole. My mom smiles cheekily at me and I roll my eyes.

"If I knew where we were going I'd drive mom." I say annoyed.

"I want it to be a surprise though honey!"

Darkness arrives and I see my mom's eyelids flutter. She's tired I can tell. Seeing as I got my stubbornness from her I know she wouldn't let me drive. Seeing as how I don't want my iPod to die I turn on the radio and also for my mom so she knows to stay awake. The River is playing old rock and a song by Poison is just ending. After a couple minuets of talking Journey comes on. I smile and my mom starts to laugh.

Just a small town girl
Livin' in a lonely world
She took the midnight train
Goin' anywhere
Just a city boy
Born and raised in South Detroit
He took the midnight train
Goin' anywhere


"At least I know you're not angry at me anymore."

"Uhg mom, don't bring this up." I groan looking down.

"Honey I moved us because I can't stand living in that house or...th-that town!"

My mom pulled over and started crying hysterically. She had to stop on a street with no lights. This gave me an eerie feeling. Was someone...watching us?

"I loved Paul so much Rory. I can't be in that house without seeing him! I want to be happy but I can't. My heart is gone!" She sobs loudly.

"M...mom. I didn't know. Why didn't you just tell me?" I whisper.

"Rory...I love you so much but looking at you sometimes makes me want to die. You have his eyes and his ears. I know I have to live for you. But... sometimes." My mom trails off sobbing.

"Shhh mom. I miss him too. Dad wants us to be happy. If moving will make you happy then I'm not mad. And someday you'll see him again. Just not now because I need you. Okay?" I say and smile very meekly.

"Rory...if you keep going straight you'll meet the movers and then just fallow them...I think I wanna rest OK sweetie?"

"Alright mom." I smile small and nod my head.

I get into the drivers seat and turn on the engine. My mom curls up in the back falling into a dreamless sleep. One she probably hasn't had for years. I turn my iPod on getting some happy music to tune out the silence. American Hi-Fi's Flavor of the Week starts up and I forget everything but the road in front of me. Searching through some papers I find our address and see that we were moving out of state! I understand how my mom feels I guess but out of Wisconsin. The only reason I'm not pissed is because it's in Pennsylvania. The state of my best summer memories.

"Lets see what little town my mom wants me to live in. Lock Haven eh. I dunno...maybe a new start will do us all some good."

---------------------MEAN WHILE IN Lock Haven Pennsylvania-------------------------------

"Hi ya! Oof oww"

"Haha, nice try cuz. "

"Heh. Yeah Anthony, Jakes right. You tried."

"I'm gonna get this trick! Just wait!"

I laughed at my friend Anthony. So determined but such a goof. Jake looked at me and smiled. We knew Anthony would get it eventually. The radio blasted 3 Days Grace and Anthony tried again. This time falling on his ass! Anthony got up and walked toward us grumbling incoherent curses.

"So guys. Stephanie wants me to go to the movies with her to see some new horror flick. Wanna go?"

"April might want to. I'll ask." Anthony smiles.

"Mm I don't think I wanna be a 5th wheel on your guy's double date." I sigh.

"Aww c'mon Eddie! Bring that one chick uh...Kayla." Anthony suggested.

"WHAT! No way she'd rape me..." I cringe.

I could bring any girl I wanted but that's the thing. I didn't want them. Pulling out my wallet I see the picture of Rory sleeping. I took it and in the end I was happy I did. If anything I want to go tot he movies with her. But that's impossible. I sigh and put my wallet in my pocket.

"C'mon man, forget her. She probably has a boyfriend by now." Anthony whined.

"Anthony! Eddie can't just "forget her". You so inconsiderate. I dunno how April can stand you." Jake glared.

"It's OK guys...I just- hey... is that a moving van?"

It was. A big gray truck pulled up at the vacant house across the street from Jake, to the right from my house and 3 houses down from Anthony's. I knew the Simmons moved 4 months ago and I guess someone finally bought the house. Good thing too. It was a pretty small 2 story house. Living room, kitchen, a bathroom and a den downstairs and then 2 bedrooms on the top floor. Both with an attached bathroom.

I saw a motherly looking woman unlock the door for the movers and go back to the car quickly. She opened the back and I expected to see a little six year old jumping around but instead I saw her lean in and shake someone. She came out smiling and heading into the house. Apparently the other person was in the car still. I turn to the guys and they look puzzled as to who is in the car.

"Are they little tike's that we can steal lunch money from?" Anthony joked.

"Eh I bet it's some tough guy who thinks he's all that." Jake smirked.

As I was about to protest a light creamy leg flew out of the car fallowed by a a figure with long chocolate brown hair. A girl. She leaned back in and grabbed something. I turned to Anthony knowing he was checking her out. Before she went in the house she turned to us suddenly. A 5'7" figure tops. Long smooth fit legs fallowed by slim dancer hips and a small lean torso. She was wearing ripped jean shorts and a black tank top. A black studded belt was hung on her hips and her feet were concealed in black flats with tiny bows on them. Her full lips were splashed with very light gloss and her eyes were smeared with black eye liner. She had a pair of roller blades in her hand and an iPod. She looked us all over and glared. She opened her mouth and screamed,

"MOOOOM! WE HAVE CREEPY STALKERS FOR NEIGHBORS!!"

"Oh honey. Then ignore them and come inside."

She smirked as her mom slammed the door. Jake looked at me and I looked at Anthony who looked back at Jake. She was a weird one at that and I got a feeling our small town wouldn't get any quieter.

"So who is she?" I heard a chuckle behind me.

"AHH! Mrs. Emerson! Don't scare me like that!" I shouted.

"Yeah mom, you know how jumpy Edward can get." Jake snickers.

"Auntie K, this new chick moved in over there. I think she could use some of your famous cookies." Anthony said in fake sweetness.

"I think you're right. Oh and Anthony because you had the idea how about YOU bring them to her." Kimmy Emerson said smiling.

"Uhh..uh..no! How about...Edward?" He answered shakily.

"Oh shut up. All of you are." She said and walked away.

As soon as those words were said Mrs. Emerson thrusts a bag of fresh baked cookies into my hands. Shoving all three of us toward the dark blue door she rang the bell and ran away. Jake stood there leaned against the side of the door and Anthony sat on the ground next to me. Just then she opened the door. She had a thick black book with hands holding an apple. I ran my hand through my hair and laughed nervously.

"It's called Twilight." she sighed.

"Huh?" I cocked my head to the side.

"The book...now what do you three want."

"I live next door and Anthony here lives three doors down. Jake here lives across the street. Funny huh.?"

"I'm gonna shut the door now." she whispered.

"NO! Well I mean...here. We have c-cookies for you." I smiled really wide.

...Nothing. She isn't saying anything. All she's kinda doing is standing there. I was about to say something but then she started to giggle. Her book dropped and she held her sides and erupted with laughter. It felt like deja voe...have I heard that laughter before? She slowly got up and quietly chuckled to herself.

"Uhm...thanks." She smiled looking up

"Yeah anytime..." I whispered.

She looked at me funny because I was staring. She reminds me of her so much. That laugh and those eyes. The hair on my arms and neck stood up. I know it's her...it has to be.

"What's..your name." I whispered again.

"Rory Ska." She answered.

I felt myself wobble. Trying to find my breath I smiled shakily. It's her...it's really her. Rory. I don't know how this happened but I was happy. No ecstatic! She kept looking at me trying to figure out why I was smiling like an idiot. I threw my arms around her and she immediately stood stiff.

"RORY!"

"Stalker?"

Realizing she hadn't figured out it was me yet I stopped hugging her. She looked at me a little scared. I laughed at scratched my head. I breathed out and tried to calm my nerves. It felt like I could fly.

"It's nice to see you again...Rory." I breathed out.

"Eddie do you know her?" Anthony asked weirdly.

"Of course he knows her Anthony. Who do you think she is?" Jake laughed.

"NO WAY! Eddie! So we finally get to meet her!" Anthony smiled.

I laughed as she looked at us all like we needed to be put into straight jackets. My heart kinda sunk at the fact she forgot me. I smiled weekly and she raised an eyebrow.

"Rory...it's me. Edd-" I was stopped by a shriek.

"RORY! WHAT DEWAR DO YOU WANT YOUR PANTIES TO GO IN? SOCKS OR BRAS?"

I saw Rory flush a bright crimson. Haha! Same blush too.

"Uhg mom...I gotta go. It was nice meeting you all. Jake, Anthony , and Stalker. Bye!" she rushed.

She slammed the door and I could here her yell up to her mom to leave her clothes alone. Looking to Jake he nodded knowing that he knew she didn't remember. Anthony patted me on the back and we all headed to our houses.

"Give her time Eddie." Jake said sadly.

"Yeah, you didn't know it was her until she did something you remembered. Maybe it's the same with her."

"Or maybe...she really has forgotten. I sighed sadly.

Walking across the yard I laid in my fresh green grassy yard. Staring at the clouds thinking. I'd make her remember me. I know she still remembers an Eddie. She promised, Rory just doesn't realize that her Eddie is standing right in front of her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?
Comments?
Criticism?
//KillJayme\\